Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1324 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Contest's Forum :

GasMoney Blog - 150$ Design Contest - 14 days! Join in!

Thread title: GasMoney Blog - 150$ Design Contest - 14 days! Join in!

Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
11-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

Looks like the TF rules either need modifying or staff need to clarify with users / other staff members how things are going down.

Grats to Gonzalo

11-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

I'll let Bazza explain this one further, already spoke with him about it.

11-12-2007, 01:34 AM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

You had five different people post their template designs, you chose no winner. You had only four people provide logos, you chose a winner. Hardly fair on the time that the template designers put in. Nine individuals entered the contest with a total of 14 entries/revisions submitted, I think that's enough to warrant that someone gets given a prize regardless of whether you're going to use the winning design or not.

Sure, if only one or two people submitted anything then it would be a different story. Contests have a poor reputation over here, at least be generous and provide those few people with what they came here for -- the winners. You ran a contest not knowing if you would have liked anything. By chance there was a logo that you liked, but what would you have done if there was no such logo? Yay, another failed TalkFreelance contest.

To mods/admins/Steve, sorry for barging into this topic. I could've just left it for bazza` to sleep on and get back to us. But I care for the community and would really love to see contests being a great focal point for us all. At this rate, that'll never (ever) be the case -- especially if all contests either end with the contest holder disappearing, or all contestants walking away empty-handed.

11-12-2007, 01:37 AM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
You had five different people post their template designs, you chose no winner. You had only four people provide logos, you chose a winner. Hardly fair on the time that the template designers put in. Nine individuals entered the contest with a total of 14 entries/revisions submitted, I think that's enough to warrant that someone gets given a prize regardless of whether you're going to use the winning design or not.

Sure, if only one or two people submitted anything then it would be a different story. Contests have a poor reputation over here, at least be generous and provide those few people with what they came here for -- the winners. You ran a contest not knowing if you would have liked anything. By chance there was a logo that you liked, but what would you have done if there was no such logo? Yay, another failed TalkFreelance contest.

To mods/admins/Steve, sorry for barging into this topic. I could've just left it for bazza` to sleep on and get back to us. But I care for the community and would really love to see contests being a great focal point for us all. At this rate, that'll never (ever) be the case -- especially if all contests either end with the contest holder disappearing, or all contestants walking away empty-handed.

You've nailed my sentiment to a T. And it has nothing to do with my entering this contest, it has to do with the history of contests here.

11-12-2007, 02:04 AM
SteveAR is offline SteveAR
Software:

SteveAR has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Send a message via AIM to SteveAR Send a message via MSN to SteveAR Send a message via Skype™ to SteveAR

Old

i get what your getting at and i see your point. but i honestly to have a winner here and never thought that i wouldn't. i guess i expected more because of the talent i know is on here. that could be my fault for not having a winner. but i cant and shouldn't be forced to chose a winning project when i really don't like any of them.

i know that the members which did submit a design worked hard on it but i hope everyone sees my point. i guess ill just wait til one of the admins posts in here and gives his 2 cents.

11-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Haris is offline Haris
Software:

Haris is on a distinguished road

Old

Steve should be punished, whatsoever.

11-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Sahil is offline Sahil
Expertise:
Software:

Sahil is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Sahil Send a message via MSN to Sahil

Old

Not if he permission from an admin.

The only one who should get in trouble is Bazza for not telling the contest participants about the modified rule.

11-12-2007, 11:53 AM
fooblah123 is offline fooblah123
Software:

fooblah123 is on a distinguished road

Old

Why should the rules be bent for him?

11-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Rannek is offline Rannek
Expertise:
Software:

Rannek is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Rannek

Old

Originally Posted by SteveAR View Post
i get what your getting at and i see your point. but i honestly to have a winner here and never thought that i wouldn't. i guess i expected more because of the talent i know is on here. that could be my fault for not having a winner. but i cant and shouldn't be forced to chose a winning project when i really don't like any of them.

i know that the members which did submit a design worked hard on it but i hope everyone sees my point. i guess ill just wait til one of the admins posts in here and gives his 2 cents.
Then why in the world would you agree to the contests rules. You obviously must have seen that you MUST choose a winner regardless to what happens. By posting in this section, you are agreeing by those rules. Even if one of the designs are terrible, you agreed to the rules. You should have discussed / thought about it before posting.

11-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

SteveAR, if you want the talent to enter, offer more money.

$100 is peanuts

Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 >