Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1691 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Online or Offline clients?

Thread title: Online or Offline clients?
Closed Thread    
01-10-2006, 09:33 AM
sletts02 is offline sletts02
Expertise:
Software:

sletts02 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to sletts02

Old  Online or Offline clients?

Are your clients primarily offline or online - in terms of contacting. Do you ever arrange to meet with clients?

I have only had one offline client that I have met with, I want more though. >.<

01-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Lewis Malpas is offline Lewis Malpas
Expertise:
Software:

Lewis Malpas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lewis Malpas

Old

All online apart from family etc.

01-10-2006, 11:42 AM
FiveInteractive is offline FiveInteractive
Expertise:
Software:

FiveInteractive is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to FiveInteractive Send a message via MSN to FiveInteractive

Old

All my clients thus far have all been online clients

01-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Kenny is offline Kenny
Expertise:
Software:

Kenny is on a distinguished road

Old

A mate of mine have focused on Offline clients and he have made a crazy sum with $ on it...
He might have been lucky with his clients that they are willing to spend much cash on their site but still...

I think this maybe have something to do with that many of the online clients know much about how the prices are in the scene, if you get my point here?
But Offline clients arent that uptodate with what is expensive and not....

01-10-2006, 12:27 PM
sletts02 is offline sletts02
Expertise:
Software:

sletts02 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to sletts02

Old

Originally Posted by Kenny
A mate of mine have focused on Offline clients and he have made a crazy sum with $ on it...
He might have been lucky with his clients that they are willing to spend much cash on their site but still...

I think this maybe have something to do with that many of the online clients know much about how the prices are in the scene, if you get my point here?
That's why I want to focus primarily on offline business. Local companies that are in need of a website and doing door-to-door advertising during the holidays so I can eventually become the go-to-man.

Also I want to go offline because the advertising has a lot more potential (imo) simply because it's targeted. With my current site I get one, maybe two quote requests a month with around 800 uniques.

It would be good to hear Julians experiences...

01-10-2006, 05:45 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Kenny
it's because people who shop online are looking for quick fixes. people who actualy interact with business want foundation, not a 1 page psd.

01-10-2006, 07:11 PM
jhmattern is offline jhmattern
Expertise:
Software:

jhmattern is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm not a designer, but all of my clients are offline. (music, writing, and small business publicity). For me that means going to clubs and bars, meeting with bands, and visiting small businesses. Most of my work with businesses is done onthe phone though. For what you're talking about, a great thing to do might be to get some biz cards printed up, and post them to bulletin boards in public places, and even some larger office buildings. Choose one office building that has a lot of smaller businesses in it. Browse some of their web sites. See if anyone obviously needs some work done. Send them a proposal for a small project, and see if they bite. If they do, and they like your work, talk to them about further and larger projects. If they're still happy with your work, ask them flat out if they know of anyone else in the building who may need similar work done, and at least leave them a business card and ask them to remember you if they hear about other possible projects in the building. Some of those buildings are pretty tight-knit .. at least the one I used to work in was. Everyone knew everyone, and any contractor we used served several other clients in the building. That ranged from anything like designers, to what water company people used for their break rooms. Give something like that a shot to get you started.

01-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

I've never dealt with an online client. Only offline, and yes, offline clients do pay much more than online. But I do not believe it is because of ignorances. Offline clients get alot more than some dodgy text message and some template.

01-12-2006, 05:51 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

The majority are offline and are gained through word of mouth and referrals. There have been a few online clients but they were all gained through referrals and lived out of my region.

Closed Thread