Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1270 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Am i in the wrong?

Thread title: Am i in the wrong?
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
07-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

The way I see it, the point is to give the customer what he agreed to. He agreed to give the site and made a deposit, be backed off and should not get anything. They made an agreement and the client backed off, there is no reason he should give back the money for the labor he did.

07-19-2007, 10:41 PM
pixelgod is offline pixelgod
Expertise:
Software:

pixelgod is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to pixelgod

Old

Originally Posted by Charllie View Post
lol, did you bother to read the actual thread!?..
Yes, I read the thread, I mean why didn't he send the site on the same day?

07-20-2007, 01:03 AM
masfenix is offline masfenix
Expertise:
Software:

masfenix has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Send a message via AIM to masfenix

Old

Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
You cant just back out of something, giving a deposit has an implied understanding that there is no going back, you are decided. Giving a deposit is there for security, so he cant just walk away on you, whats the point if you refund it to anything?

AMF, you clearly have no understanding of how a payment structure works. Youve never designed/programmed for someone with a deposit, have you? All of your solutions require the programmer to get burned and the client to get everything, even though hes the one who went back on the agreement.

From what I have read from your posts and AMF's, i think AMF has more experience.

You should give the money back. You might have done some work, but I'd rather have a happy customer then losing one.

You should refund him, and tell him if he gets interested later on, the price is gone up now since there have been more features added.

And try convincing him. theres no point of keep $40 when you can be making bigger bucks. You never know who he is in contact with, or if he might need something later on. If he feels like he trusts you, he will come back.

I wouldn't listen to half the people on here. Most of them are still highschool student. Granted I am a college student too, and only have 4 years of experience, I think refunding would be the right solution. Afterall your customer is not getting ANYTHING at the end is he?

07-20-2007, 01:40 AM
amf is offline amf
Expertise:
Software:

amf is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by masfenix View Post
I wouldn't listen to half the people on here. Most of them are still high school student.
Ouch.

I think the difference in opinion is more in keeping with the poll in this thread. It's the difference between freelancing as a living and freelancing as a hobby. If it's a hobby, I think it's easier to stick to your guns and keep $40. If it's a living, you would (1) never deal with something so small in the first place; (2) look for a bigger catch instead of trying to stick with an argument where no one really wins anything worth winning.

07-20-2007, 01:48 AM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

I wouldn't listen to half the people on here. Most of them are still highschool student. Granted I am a college student too, and only have 4 years of experience, I think refunding would be the right solution. Afterall your customer is not getting ANYTHING at the end is he?

You won't get far on this forum with an attitude like that, because yes, you are right, this forum does contain alot of young people, but why are you judging us? Before you type things like that, why don't you check your grammar. Some of your sentences don't make sense.

07-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm in High School, and I have 2-3 years experience with online business and making money. That's probably comparable to your 4 years with you being in college.

07-20-2007, 04:38 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Seb View Post
You won't get far on this forum with an attitude like that, because yes, you are right, this forum does contain alot of young people, but why are you judging us? Before you type things like that, why don't you check your grammar. Some of your sentences don't make sense.
I wasn't judging anyone. It was a "reply" to villiage idiot to his remark to AMF.

Second, I could care less if there are grammer errors. Know why? Because English isn't my language.

07-20-2007, 04:54 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

From what I have read from your posts and AMF's, i think AMF has more experience.
Doesnt make him right

You should give the money back. You might have done some work, but I'd rather have a happy customer then losing one.
Hes loosing him one way or another, id rather walk out with my deposit for the work I did.

You should refund him, and tell him if he gets interested later on, the price is gone up now since there have been more features added.
He wont be interested tomorrow....

I wouldn't listen to half the people on here. Most of them are still highschool student. Granted I am a college student too, and only have 4 years of experience,
Another misconception, age doesn't affect quality of the services. I have learned that some of the younger people here act better then the adults. I am 27 btw.

I think refunding would be the right solution. Afterall your customer is not getting ANYTHING at the end is he?
You refund him you walk out with nothing. If the client followed what he said they would you both would be getting something out of it. There is no reason the programmer should refund someone for work he already did because the client didn't feel like keeping his word.

07-20-2007, 04:56 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Alright. I guess everyone has there own opinion to how to handle the situation. I gave my two cents to the OP./

07-20-2007, 04:58 AM
Conrad is offline Conrad
Software:

Conrad is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Conrad

Old

im conrad - charile talked about me ..

well personally I think you should try to work the problem out, did he find a flaw, didnt like something.. theres an extent to where you help and if hes being an a$$hole that dosnt help. You keep your money but try to work things out with him to the max.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >