Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 823 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Warning: Xi0s

Thread title: Warning: Xi0s
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 >
05-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Duality is offline Duality
Expertise:
Software:

Duality is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Duality Send a message via MSN to Duality Send a message via Yahoo to Duality

Old  Warning: Xi0s

Here's my story with Xi0s who is supposedly a great coder but decided to block me.

On May 13th, you guys may have known about Awnix.com. The layout was shown all around the place by me, and it was designed by Lewis Ainslie. This was great. Awnix was (and still is) going to be my best website so I looked for a coder and here comes Xi0s with a great deal. I saw his portfolio and I loved it so I decided to hire him. On March 13th, I paid him a payment of $125 to integrate the template into GameScript. He said it would be done in a couple of weeks and I would get a preview in 1 week.

1 week passed and I asked him if I could see the preview and he said he couldn't start it because he had "been busy with college." I understood the hardships of college so he said in another week he would have a preview.

I waited another week and he said that he has been having family problems so he hasn't been able to get started. Me, being too lenient (my fault completely) gave him another chance. Exactly 1 month later, I asked him and he said that he hasn't even started! That's when I got really angry. I mean, how could you have 1 month and 2 weeks to finish it and he didn't even START it.

Just recently on MSN, I asked him for a refund and he said he could give it to me but he would have to take on some other jobs first. ****ed enough as it was, I just said OK. Today, all I did was say "hi" to him and he blocked me! And too much time has passed by already for me to make a Paypal claim.

He had the skill to do it but instead he decided to block me. Not only that, he has also scammed other people on this forum. Whoever got scammed by him, feel free to post your story and I am telling you, make a Paypal claim because he won't finish your coding.

05-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Vizon is offline Vizon - Click for my Image
Expertise:
Software:

Vizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

He was angry at me a time before, and before I could code he did a template for me. Then, when he was angry he threatened to sell the template. Plus he isn't old enough to be in college.. lol atleast he told me he was 16...

05-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

Yeah, I believe he is in his teens, so it wouldn't be college (well, doesn't college equal high school in England or some other country). Anyway, that's just too much of a delay. I've had some problems with being late on projects before, and I usually end up doing it for free, or giving them an opportunity to get free coding in the future, etc. But stealing money at the most is just plain wrong.. and how are you sure he blocked you? (I assume you asked someone else to see if he is online?)

05-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Send a message via AIM to Duality Send a message via MSN to Duality Send a message via Yahoo to Duality

Old

Originally Posted by Andrew R View Post
Yeah, I believe he is in his teens, so it wouldn't be college (well, doesn't college equal high school in England or some other country). Anyway, that's just too much of a delay. I've had some problems with being late on projects before, and I usually end up doing it for free, or giving them an opportunity to get free coding in the future, etc. But stealing money at the most is just plain wrong.. and how are you sure he blocked you? (I assume you asked someone else to see if he is online?)
I used online checkers like MSNGeeks.com and MSNStatus.com and asked other people and I can confirm it.

05-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Amross is offline Amross
Software:

Amross is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Duality View Post
I used online checkers like MSNGeeks.com and MSNStatus.com and asked other people and I can confirm it.
If you asked other people that have him on MSN, that's one thing. But I felt that I should note that if a person has the "Only people on my allow list can see my status and send me messages" feature enabled, all those status checking tools will show offline; even if the person is online.

05-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Amross View Post
If you asked other people that have him on MSN, that's one thing. But I felt that I should note that if a person has the "Only people on my allow list can see my status and send me messages" feature enabled, all those status checking tools will show offline; even if the person is online.
So maybe he's still online but it doesn't show up?

05-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Sulcalibur is offline Sulcalibur
Expertise:
Software:

Sulcalibur is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sulcalibur

Old

Either way the dude owes him money, online or not. I have an issue with many coders and the lack of reliability. To be honest I have only ever had three decent coders do work for me. I shudder when I have to hire someone new.

05-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

http://www.msngeeks.com/index.php?page=blockchecker

You can check that he is online there.

By the way, his email is kingyorgor@hotmail.com

05-05-2007, 03:04 AM
Chris R is offline Chris R
Software:

Chris R is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Chris R Send a message via MSN to Chris R

Old

Its unfortunate that things like this have to happen. And it hurts honest people at the same time by causing future doubt.

05-05-2007, 03:09 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Its unfortunate that things like this have to happen. And it hurts honest people at the same time by causing future doubt.
Well, the past is the past and I can't do anything about it. If I get my $125, it's great but if I don't, I'm going to have to hire someone new and not waste my time with Xi0s.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 >