Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1141 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

For how long..

Thread title: For how long..
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
04-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Koobi is offline Koobi
Software:

Koobi is on a distinguished road

Old

I was a programmer then became a designer and I'm back to code again.

I started out with Pascal and QBASIC when I was around 13-14 and then moved onto C++ after a year or two (all this was a part of the school curriculum) but I didn't have a computer of my own so it was just school work and not much of it. I was chosen to try out for the International Programming Olympiad but I had to discontinue the training because they only thought in Sinhala which is our native tongue and I'm not too good at it :/

I got hooked on Adobe Photoshop (I liked Paintshop Pro at the beginning because I thought Photoshop was crap, initially heh heh) in 1999 and got addicted to it Still love it.
I was crap at design though but I was decent at photo manipulation.

I started with CSS + XHTML and other XML technologies around about mid 2003.
I started with PHP in January 2004 and it's a lot like C++ without the OOP so I love it

What about you Nofan, how did you get started?

04-23-2005, 12:24 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I've been designing for about 2/3 years, although I only open photoshop up every now and then (If I were a true designer and did it everyday, I would be much better!) I'm not that into programming, I did learn abit of php/mysql, i'm quite familar with mysql in terms of databases and queries now. I know html/css but that's where I draw the line.

04-23-2005, 01:05 AM
Dubai is offline Dubai
Expertise:
Software:

Dubai is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
I've been designing for about 2/3 years, although I only open photoshop up every now and then (If I were a true designer and did it everyday, I would be much better!) I'm not that into programming, I did learn abit of php/mysql, i'm quite familar with mysql in terms of databases and queries now. I know html/css but that's where I draw the line.
I think you are more talented in marketing and running forums that being a designer.. I didnt see much of your work ( the ones i saw were amazing).

04-23-2005, 01:08 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

The last thing I designed was www.talkfreelance.com/wip.html (I have more fun when i'm running a website than actually working for a client) it has to be said

Glad you like my work Nofan. Always nice to hear compliments now and then hehe.

04-23-2005, 02:34 AM
Imagenesis is offline Imagenesis
Software:

Imagenesis is on a distinguished road

Old

I dunno a year? 2 maybe

04-23-2005, 03:24 PM
seen.to is offline seen.to
Expertise:
Software:

seen.to is on a distinguished road

Old

I've been into art/design as a hobby for as long as I can remember. My first design job was in 1985 using traditional paste-up techniques and hand illustration - done work a couple of nice clients at that time, (Jaguar and Fine Fare - a national supermarket chain at the time), as well as 'cutting my teeth' on many smaller clients.

I was into computers from 1981 with my first Sinclair ZX81, writing incredibly simple programs in BASIC - but I've never really been a programmer... I can feel my way around with some real basic PHP but nothing complex.

I first started using computers for design around 1988 on a Commodore Amiga but again this was real basic stuff - Deluxe Paint and Wordsworth. I signed up for a 2 year course in CAD/CAM in 1990 thinking it was computer aided design rather than drafting/manufacture but I quit after 11 months as it was neither challenging or rewarding.

I used Harvard Graphics on an ancient PC in '91 to produce a few reactionary leaflets and a rather shoddy magazine.

First got into HTML with PaintShopPro, (like Koobi I thought it was better than Photoshop mainly because I couldn't afford Photoshop), in 1996 and knew that I'd ''arrived''.

Got my first copy of Photoshop in '97 along with my first Web based client and have been making a progressively decent living as a professional Web designer ever since

(sheesh don't I go on )

04-23-2005, 03:33 PM
sm0ke is offline sm0ke
Expertise:
Software:

sm0ke is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to sm0ke Send a message via MSN to sm0ke

Old

i've been designing for maybe a year...

04-23-2005, 05:24 PM
jamesyfx is offline jamesyfx
Expertise: Design
Software: TextEdit

jamesyfx is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jamesyfx

Old

Probably about 2 or 3 years. Designing, anyway. On and off.

Started to learn HTML about 2 years ago maybe?

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2