Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1000 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

New Logo for friend.

Thread title: New Logo for friend.
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
07-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Gaz is offline Gaz
Expertise: Code & Programming
Software: Coda, TextMate, Sublime 2

Gaz will become famous soon enough Gaz will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to Gaz

Old

Guys be nice to the lad. He shouldn't stop purely because he, as with everyone, can only improve by practicing.

07-22-2007, 09:04 PM
Charllie is offline Charllie
Software:

Charllie is on a distinguished road

Old

Yes, i knew what he meant, i'm just suprised at why he said it!?..

As stated numerous of times i've just started to make logos. =D They arn't gonna be the best.

But its just he comes out with that, AFTER i've made about 5 other posts which cancel out that comment.

As in..

"But yeh, i know, i've about 10 people mentioning that they can't make it out, thats all good =]

I just suppose since i've been working on it past 2/3 hours, its just drilled into my head that its says xhtmld, and since i produced it, guess it looks so clear to me than anyone else's eyes.

Thanks anyways =["

So i've witnessed about the logo. Now Thats! why im suprised at him coming back to something posted a while back, Since i've learnt from that post, and you can clearly see i have, so pretty pointless and meaningless posting that.

07-23-2007, 01:49 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

i said it because of your attitude.

read your response. your basic opinion of people who don't get the concept (is there one?) is that they are incompetent - or their feedback is useless (see "she wasn't giving criticism, she isn't here! lol - so what? her feedback is as valid as anyone's). as i see it, based on your actions, you can't deal with criticism. if no one gets your logo, it's not that it's bad, it's that they're stupid. it's their fault, not yours.

if that is indeed your attitude, stop now. logos are the most nit-picked thing you will make. if you bring that attitude anywhere near a professional studio setting, you'll get chewed out and tossed far worse than anything i've seen here.

i at least explained myself. i'd expect an art director to give you the same response and show you the door with not explanation of why.

edit: the learning i saw from you was "oh, i've just looked at it more and expected more". it's a cop out. whether one person can't read it, or 50 can't, you can't jump on the first person and then write it off when everyone else agrees with them and say "i guess you're right". if you think the first one is stupid, you think the next 49 are stupid too.

i'm not trying to pick on you, but if you're going to pounce on the first negative thing you hear so aggressively, you're not cut for this. look how wound up you got over what i said, and you totally missed what i was saying.

07-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Catalyst is offline Catalyst
Expertise: Design
Software:

Catalyst is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to Catalyst

Old

Yes, in my personal opinion, I don't really care for this one too much. It's very difficult to read without knowing immediately what it's supposed to say beforehand.

07-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Software:

Old

Dude, you're 4th paragraph, you shouldn't of added.

I appreciate your feedback and can understand totally where your coming from.

But the section about 'if you think one persons wrong, you're going to think the next 49 are' thats total rubbish. That one person could have said that, then the next 49 could have turned around and said, nah, i can read it yeh blah blah, its fine, etc. So then that would have switched around to the first guy. But unfortunately it didn't, and after a while i thought to myself, maybe it is hard to read, then i actually stepped back, looked at it and thought, mm, im not suprised why they can't read it.

So for 10 people to say, i can't read it, is a good thing, because its made me think, whereas one person doesn't really stand out in a crowd of 50, does it..

So i think your coming from the wrong direction there.

But i appreciated everyones feedback, and luckily, i did make it for free to a friend, to no less there =] But he loved it. So i suppose thats a good thing.

07-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Software:

Old

If the person is satisfied, then there's not much more you can do Charllie. Personally, I like the creativity, but it is hard to grasp the concept when it's difficult to read the letters. In all of your graphics, there's always going to be one or two that others don't care for. It's life, but if the person you're doing it for is happy, then you've did your part. There's not much more you can do.

07-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Gille is offline Gille
Expertise: HTML, CSS
Software:

Gille is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gille

Old

One thing... dump the sissors... Really, I've seen it appear on multiple sites and I honestly can't make the link... No use and when you resize it will look awful...

07-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Software:

Old

=]

Thanks Redemption.

Yeh, i just created the cutout, then i just thought, mm scissors =P Why not, but he's got the .psd so can easily be taken off.

Cheers though.

07-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Software:

Old

Not a problem. By the way, is this Charllie Ralph Smith?

07-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Software:

Old

Nah, I've noticed a lot of people say that? =P Why?

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >