Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1086 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     PHP and MySQL :

Proxy script to much resources being used

Thread title: Proxy script to much resources being used
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
03-22-2007, 11:35 PM
VincePirez is offline VincePirez
Software:

VincePirez is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Amross View Post
I think we can all read just fine, however given the type of site it is, with just a few people using the proxy at a time it is going to eat a shared server alive. There is a particular reason why just about all shared hosts (that I have come across anyways) do not allow proxy sites.
Rubbish. A couple of people using PHProxy does NOT make a server hit 100% CPU usage and stay that way. Either the server is overloaded anyway to begin with (it often is in the case of shared hosting) or there's an issue with the operation of PHProxy.

03-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Amross is offline Amross
Software:

Amross is on a distinguished road

Old

And nobody said that it stayed at 100% CPU usage either, the original poster included. Those stats provided hardly show that is the case and I'm not psychic, maybe you are? Some hosts could very well suspend accounts if on a regular basis (i.e. daily) a user kept pushing 100% CPU usage at certain points in time.

So unless the original poster includes more details about the situation, I don't think either of us or anyone else for that matter can accurately determine the problems or solutions.

03-22-2007, 11:44 PM
VincePirez is offline VincePirez
Software:

VincePirez is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Amross View Post
And nobody said that it stayed at 100% CPU usage either, the original poster included. Those stats provided hardly show that is the case and I'm not psychic, maybe you are? Some hosts could very well suspend accounts if on a regular basis (i.e. daily) a user kept pushing 100% CPU usage at certain points in time.
As the results are the output of a 'top' I think it's safe to say that the usage is consistent. You do know what 'top' is, right? Therefore your argument is null and void.

Either the OP has more traffic than they suspect, or there's an issue with PHProxy or the sites it's accessing.

03-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Amross is offline Amross
Software:

Amross is on a distinguished road

Old

It's not null and void, but I'm not going to argue with you either. I would prefer this not turning into a situation that is breaking the (tf) rules, plus the situation is only going to bounce back and forth. I agree with some of what you have said, but not all of it. Their is hardly enough information to draw any accurate conclusions allowing us to come to an agreement on this situation, have a nice night.

03-23-2007, 12:50 AM
mrsneak is offline mrsneak
Software:

mrsneak is on a distinguished road

Old

The script is visable on the page. There was never a problem with orignal host.
I get the feeling they dont want to host us or there could be something wrong with the script. I will try and provide any infomation possible.
Thanks
Rick

03-23-2007, 03:06 AM
Lucas is offline Lucas
Software:

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Old

We're hosting MrSneak.com and believe me, we don't want your out of our host.

The script in fact, IS causing constant heavy overload on our server. Our CPU usage average is around 0.50, 3.xx at most. This specific script is hitting 100% CPU usage, from my point of seeing, it has a problem or it can be easily attacked and I'm no programmer, it is what we see.

We can provide you with a screenshot, and when it is, you can feel how the server is really, really slow at loading the pages. We got nothing to hide to our customers, we always try to contact them.

03-23-2007, 03:55 AM
Software:

Old

We are trying to get someone to fix this script as we like the hosting. We do not have a lot of money,
Thank you
Rick

04-08-2007, 02:50 PM
bluesaga is offline bluesaga
Software:

bluesaga is on a distinguished road

Old

Try using cURL to open the pages, put a max redirs of 5 in and see if that helps. Might be someone attacking your server forcing it to go into an endless loop.

Either that, or set max execution time far lower (like 5 secs or so).

04-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Software:

Old  Thank you

We have moved to a different server. So far we have had no problems with this other server. Hopeing it stays that way or I we will try your suggestions.
Rick

04-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Software:

Old  mrneak.com

Looks like we have been suspened on this server to. How much would you charge us to impliment those suggestions? We may be looking for another host now to.
Thanks
Rick

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2