Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1330 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

McCain's new VP

Thread title: McCain's new VP
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
08-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Garrett is offline Garrett
Software:

Garrett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garrett

Old

You can either Hate or Love Hillary, there is no in between.

I think it's stupid on McCain's behalf, he should have chosen a governor from some other state who has more electoral votes behind him. As far as I am aware, Alaska only has 3. California has 55.

@Awesome if I remember correctly, Biden also said "presidency isn't a place to learn, it's a place to run, Obama can't do that..." when he was running. I mean yes it's nice.

@okaymatt He wants to lower taxes if you didn't see his newest promise...also, that wasn't made by Obamas party, stop pushing around false propaganda. He is simply trying to sway peoples votes from Hillarys campaign.

In my opinion, if you are voting based on race, gender, or any reason BESIDES their views...you SHOULDN'T be allowed to vote.

08-29-2008, 08:47 PM
okaymatt is offline okaymatt
Software:

okaymatt is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by jordanriane View Post
And I'm with Awesome on the guns bit. I myself have a Glock, and it's hardly swayed my decision. That and the local range near my place has a Obama banner stuck next to their billboard.

So in theory your "range" is not business smart as they would lose their clientele, dumb dumb business Democrats.

08-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
.....electoral votes behind him. As far as I am aware, Alaska only has 3. California has 55.
Last I checked, Arnold Schwarzenegger is the Governor, if that's whom you are saying should of been the VP choice, but then it makes your "electoral POV" pointless as Arnold cannot be a VP candidate.

But good thought, but impossible.

08-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by okaymatt View Post
Last I checked, Arnold Schwarzenegger is the Governor, if that's whom you are saying should of been the VP choice, but then it makes your "electoral POV" pointless as Arnold cannot be a VP candidate.

But good thought, but impossible.
*sigh*

It was an EXAMPLE. California is a democratic state, not Republican. So McCain has no chance of winning California's votes. I think California has always nominated their electoral votes to the democrats for the past 5 elections. I said California based on Obamas behalf, he will most likely get our 55 electoral votes (53 in house of reps, 2 senators).

In my opinion, McCain chose a woman VP because of trying to sway Hillarys voters. Which they shouldn't change based on gender, once again. You would think McCain would be more worried on right winged people who have a higher electoral chance of getting him in.

08-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
*sigh*
In my opinion, McCain chose a woman VP because of trying to sway Hillarys voters. Which they shouldn't change based on gender, once again. You would think McCain would be more worried on right winged people who have a higher electoral chance of getting him in.
Yeah it was a good try on the California lol!

But I believe that you are wrong on his reason for choosing her, she is an amazing senator, and the highest approval rating over any other in the USA. I think its more then just "votes" or else he wouldn't select a state with such few people.

08-29-2008, 09:27 PM
rsek is offline rsek
Expertise:
Software:

rsek is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to rsek

Old

hm,
and then Mc Cain is saying Obama has no experience in Politics...
lmao!

08-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

So in theory your "range" is not business smart as they would lose their clientele, dumb dumb business Democrats.
Because not voting for someone based one their stance on just GUNS is a right to not support Obama? STFU PLS!

Are you even old enough to vote?

08-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Software:

Old

But I believe that you are wrong on his reason for choosing her, she is an amazing senator, and the highest approval rating over any other in the USA. I think its more then just "votes" or else he wouldn't select a state with such few people.
You don't understand, I WASN'T saying he should focus on California or ANYTHING about California other than their electoral power, nothing else.

Amazing Senator? Did you read what Awesome said at all? She has less time than Obama. What about all the other people? Your votes determine where your electoral votes go, she has the fewest to give. From what I can see, you like her "Sarah's pretty attractive...lol", you shouldn't be allowed to vote then. What ideas of hers do you support then? Of course there are the default republican stand points, but what about her makes her better than Biden?

If you can prove to me that there aren't any other right winged governors that have served longer than her and can't get more than 3 electoral votes, then I will go with you. He is playing the Hillary card.

08-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

Uh, she isn't a senator you idiot.

Check. Mate. You no longer hold validity on this discussion. lol. And a little FYI, Alaskan governors generally have a higher approval rate on average, though her approval rating is NOT 90%, it was at 90% before sh illegally fired an official, for which she is under investigation.

08-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

You guys make me giggle when you discuss politics.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >