Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 992 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

norted.com/ - Ripped Design

Thread title: norted.com/ - Ripped Design
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
08-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

Post the log, you were being a huge jack in the ass box as far as I'm concerned and I'm not the only person here who thinks so.

It also seems you enjoy fighting losing battles, nice hobby.

08-26-2008, 10:37 PM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

t0m is on a distinguished road

Old

This cracker should be banned. He has an extremely bad vibe let alone a less than trustworthy business reputation. People like this will always have an answer for everything- it's a dead giveaway.

08-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Footzilla is offline Footzilla
Software:

Footzilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Footzilla

Old

He is a true scammer. He just scammed me. He never payed me the rest of the 50 dollars. :@

He just blocked me from msn!!! He told me to **** off!
He should be banned straight away!!!

First he said that he will give me the 50 dollars but now he says that I should ask the money from the person he sold that design too. huh... I had a deal with him and he should pay me!!!

08-26-2008, 11:20 PM
chester is offline chester
Expertise:
Software:

chester is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to chester

Old

Just to sort the matter out Fjeddy, My proposal to Norted was the following:

He should claim back on PayPal, so he could get refunded from the ripped design, and then when he was refunded by PayPal he could send myself the payment, and then he could keep the design - As he would then actually own the rights to it. (Even though I would lose the $250 sent to me by refunding the buyer which I actually sold the design to)

He also asked me to design a new site for him, but I refused because I don’t really want to work with a company that is using a ripped design from me. Which personally I think is a understandable, and I think most designers would agree with me.

He then became stroppy and is refusing to put down my design. Which everyone is able to see by www.norted.com (If he is putting down the site, why hasn’t he done so Fjeddy?)

Regards to Fjeddy, I personally think he should be banned, He’s obviously scammed/scamming people hence the post above. But that’s just my two cents.

Chris.

08-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Soskel is offline Soskel
Software:

Soskel is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Soskel

Old

Originally Posted by Vizon View Post
^^ I hope you are kidding. I am getting sick of your posts, they used to be decent now they are "lol" trash.

Hmm, do we have a pattern here?
really? i don't care

08-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Fjeddy is really just a nuisance. Most of his posts are made in threads were it's about him and issues he's involved with. That and he has a way of being annoyingly arrogant (what's with all the exclamations?)

I'm prone to thinking that the reason that the design is still up is because there's a large chance that the "person" that sold it to them doesn't really exist... I mean honestly, if you were able to do a paypal refund for someone that sold you a design that they didn't create, you'd do it! That way you could pay the original creator for the rights, if you really wanted that design. To me their refusal to do so, just further proves the fact that there's a chance that they just copy/pasted.

Which brings me to my next topic. Chester, I really think you should stop posting up working copies of your designs. Given that it's just basic xhtml/css, it's so easy for them to be ripped off. I can easily view a new template and just view the source You should just post up watermarked full size previews akin to those that use codedpreview.com. If they want a preview, you can always send them a screencast of it, or allow individual previews after they sign a contract that would forbid them from taking that source, and of course require a bit more information on them. It may go out of your way, but I think it would prevent morons from taking your hard work and profiting from it, and screwing you over.

08-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Fjeddy is offline Fjeddy
Expertise:
Software:

Fjeddy is on a distinguished road

Old

How would you loose 250$ chester ?

You arranged with the owner to create him a new design for the 250$ he paid you !

So basicly you would earn money, as i would have paid you 250$ and you would have kept the 250$ from the original buyer!

And if you did have to refund him, then you wouldnt have lost a cent! As i would have paid you the 250$ for the design

08-26-2008, 11:42 PM
Vizon is offline Vizon - Click for my Image
Expertise:
Software:

Vizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

^ Yep, and notice how it uses the same JS. Chester just wants his clients to experience all of the features I think.

08-26-2008, 11:52 PM
chester is offline chester
Expertise:
Software:

chester is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to chester

Old

It’s simple:
Norted claims back on PayPal, which gets his $250 back which he paid the person he bought the template from, (so now Norted doesn’t lose anything) he then sends me $250 (the correct created) to keep the rights, and therefore is then able to keep the design online. – I will then need to refund the person which I sold the template to (someone completely else) because he no longer wants a design which is getting used. So with that $250 from Norted I would have to give to him. – so actually I havent made any money!

And as mentioned above, Im not making him a new design, As I refuse to work with a company who is still hosting my ripped design.

But at the end of the day, hes not refunding me, hes not claiming back on paypal, and therefore I will have to refund the correct owner of t19, so I will be down $250.00 - So hes a scammer.

I honestly don’t think your helping yourself here Fjeddy.

08-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

Chester, you're actually still profiting $250 here. Put it this way: you receive payment from Norted for $250. You now have $500 total (from both clients for t19.) You then refund $250 to the other person who purchased t19, and now you still have $250.

I'm not trying to prove Fjeddy right (because I think he's a smug *****) but you technically aren't losing money, and you're still profiting...

Have you asked the original buyer of t19, if they'd like a new design or something, so you can still possibly retain that $250?

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >