Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1201 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Graphic or Web Design :

Looking to Hire - Logo Designer - $450/month - Creative and Professional

Thread title: Looking to Hire - Logo Designer - $450/month - Creative and Professional
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
09-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Jabster is offline Jabster
Software:

Jabster is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Jabster

Old

Originally Posted by iiPanel View Post
$20? $25? $30? What do you think? The per day payment rate to be multiplied by 30 days to give the monthly salary.
Currently your offering $15 per day, I would at least say $25 per day. But still making around 10 concepts per day and earning $25 is cheap as chips. I understand you need to make money from this also. Professional logo designers can easily charge $100+ per logo, so your deal is more for beginners I'd say.

Just my OP....

09-19-2009, 11:41 AM
iiPanel is offline iiPanel
Software:

iiPanel is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to iiPanel Send a message via AIM to iiPanel Send a message via MSN to iiPanel Send a message via Yahoo to iiPanel Send a message via Skype™ to iiPanel

Old

Originally Posted by Jabster View Post
Currently your offering $15 per day, I would at least say $25 per day. But still making around 10 concepts per day and earning $25 is cheap as chips. I understand you need to make money from this also. Professional logo designers can easily charge $100+ per logo, so your deal is more for beginners I'd say.

Just my OP....
Thanks for your feedback, Yeah I can charge more but I am trying to maintain the high standard logos I am offering at low prices at this stage.

I would like to hear more suggestions.

09-20-2009, 09:10 PM
kye is offline kye
Expertise:
Software:

kye is on a distinguished road

Old

Please provide examples of these "logos" so we can see what your end product of this farce is. I would love to see it.

Personally (and i'm sure I speak for most designers here) I wouldn't get out of bed for $50 in a day. You could earn almost twice that flipping burgers at McDonald's. What exactly are you running here?

You are outsourcing (most likely behind your clients backs) logo jobs to designers? and for "beans" pay whilst probably pocketing very large profits doing so, and producing what could only possibly be mediocre logos at best.

This kind of "crap" (for lack of a better word) is seriously killing the industry. It reminds me of 99designs and the like. Why don't you get a talented young designer who lives in Perth to come and work for your company full time, and pay him like he should be paid?

09-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Jeroen G is offline Jeroen G
Expertise: Website design
Software: Photoshop

Jeroen G is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Edit, never mind. Delete this?

09-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Software:

Old

Please provide examples of these "logos" so we can see what your end product of this farce is. I would love to see it.
There are example logo's on his site.

Personally (and i'm sure I speak for most designers here) I wouldn't get out of bed for $50 in a day. You could earn almost twice that flipping burgers at McDonald's. What exactly are you running here?
Very true, you could.

You are outsourcing (most likely behind your clients backs) logo jobs to designers? and for "beans" pay whilst probably pocketing very large profits doing so, and producing what could only possibly be mediocre logos at best.
The logo's are being sold for $25 and he's thinking of paying $15+ to the designer.

This kind of "crap" (for lack of a better word) is seriously killing the industry. It reminds me of 99designs and the like. Why don't you get a talented young designer who lives in Perth to come and work for your company full time, and pay him like he should be paid?
I charge little because I still want to gain more experience, but about "killing the industry" you are correct. Because of people selling for low price it makes everything almost slave "virtual" labour. Really logo's/web design should be worth a hundred or more because of the time and experience needed to forfill the job. Sadly an hourly rate like a real job is almost impossible in the freelance word because not everyone is honest about their work.

I'm not trying to slam iigfx for being cheap. The general public look for more affordable designers but there should be a difference between "cheap" and "professional".

09-21-2009, 07:25 AM
nomatch is offline nomatch
Software:

nomatch is on a distinguished road

Old

Don't know what everyone is complaining about - he can offer as much, or as little money as he likes. Who are you guys to tell him how much to offer HIS employees? Besides, I guarantee you there will be hundreds of people wanting this offer - even if they are teenage kids with nothing else to do...

09-21-2009, 08:43 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by textz View Post
Don't know what everyone is complaining about - he can offer as much, or as little money as he likes. Who are you guys to tell him how much to offer HIS employees? Besides, I guarantee you there will be hundreds of people wanting this offer - even if they are teenage kids with nothing else to do...
Yes he can and we have the right to advising him that his price is too low. Did you read the requirements? "We need him/her to to be creative, professional, committed and serious about work." I doubt teenage kids will be able to meet "professional" and "serious" part.

09-23-2009, 01:22 AM
Russ is offline Russ
Expertise: Web Consulting
Software:

Russ is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Russ Send a message via MSN to Russ

Old

Considering that you don't have to market yourself what so ever... the work walks right to your door step that's a fair deal.

It all comes down to if you're willing to basically take a pay cut but know that you don't have to do any additional work other than designing(such as marketing advertising ect...)

09-23-2009, 06:11 AM
iiPanel is offline iiPanel
Software:

iiPanel is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to iiPanel Send a message via AIM to iiPanel Send a message via MSN to iiPanel Send a message via Yahoo to iiPanel Send a message via Skype™ to iiPanel

Old

Originally Posted by textz View Post
That is true, it is sad how some are "demanding" rather than "advicing" me.

Originally Posted by Jabster View Post
Yes he can and we have the right to advising him that his price is too low. Did you read the requirements? "We need him/her to to be creative, professional, committed and serious about work." I doubt teenage kids will be able to meet "professional" and "serious" part.
You are advising but others are not. Some here are giving lectures about being professional or doing the right thing and their post does not even reflect any sense of respect or professionalism. Jabster, thanks for your explainations and respect to my offer.

Originally Posted by phpbbstop View Post
Considering that you don't have to market yourself what so ever... the work walks right to your door step that's a fair deal.

It all comes down to if you're willing to basically take a pay cut but know that you don't have to do any additional work other than designing(such as marketing advertising ect...)
That is a critical point that no one is considering. Thank you

================================================== ==

In the meanwhile, I am currently considering increasing the offer salary and may update this thread or create a new offer in a new thread soon.

Thank you.

09-23-2009, 06:33 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by iiPanel View Post
You are advising but others are not. Some here are giving lectures about being professional or doing the right thing and their post does not even reflect any sense of respect or professionalism. Jabster, thanks for your explainations and respect to my offer.
No problems mate. I would have considered this position however I can't guarantee to be able to make logo's daily as every day is a new day and things change for me. It would have been great to learn from though.

Actually, in your first post you said "per day" however you didn't mention whether this includes weekend work. Some designers do not design on weekends so sofar I'm guessing you will need weekend work?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >