Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 743 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products     Websites :

SEOType For Sale

Thread title: SEOType For Sale
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
11-26-2008, 04:42 AM
triadink is offline triadink
Software:

triadink is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to triadink Send a message via Yahoo to triadink

Old

karma...should have not been greedy with $20 when you had set the price!

11-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Doughboy is offline Doughboy
Expertise:
Software:

Doughboy is on a distinguished road

Old

You sent a pm and a short while later got another offering $20 more (not that time matters as I wasn't back online until later that night). It would be pretty silly of me to go for the lower offer, considering I'm selling the complete package for less than I paid for the incomplete package... AND especially considering I never said the first person to fire me off a pm takes it.

If I wanted a "first to post/pm sold takes it" kind of sale I would of mentioned it in the first post, like everyone else does.

If that $20 gave me bad karma, I've more than made up for it in the past two months. So nuts to you ;D

11-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Previously you said, "I'll let it go for $200" which I would read as offering a BIN price which you failed to respect. According to our guidelines, you must accept the first BIN offer and refuse any higher bids/offers. To avoid any further confusion, please clearly state a Buy It Now price which you're willing to accept.

11-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

"please clearly state a Buy It Now price which you're willing to accept"
I did, $350. I've been clear and never once said once that this was a "first to post sold claims" offer. I've got to be in contact with the user to ensure they know what they're getting before proceeding... thats the best way to avoid problems afterwards.

Previously you said, "I'll let it go for $200" which I would read as offering a BIN price which you failed to respect.
Well if that reads as offering a BIN to one single person, the second part of the message contradicts the first ... "If there are any takers at 200 send me a PM." That doesn't suggest a BIN to the first person that messages me.

This was the exact message he sent me. It's not just "send me payment info" as he suggested in his post on page two:

Ill take it for $200 send me payment information...also where is the domain and will it be easy to move the site?
I would consider that [hypothetical] "BIN" incomplete because he's asking questions about the sale... like what if I told him it was going to be difficult to move and he decided 'um no thanks after all'?

Another user who made an offer decided against it shortly after... I'm not crying foul, it's really no big deal.

11-27-2008, 01:35 AM
triadink is offline triadink
Software:

triadink is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to triadink Send a message via Yahoo to triadink

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
Previously you said, "I'll let it go for $200" which I would read as offering a BIN price which you failed to respect. According to our guidelines, you must accept the first BIN offer and refuse any higher bids/offers. To avoid any further confusion, please clearly state a Buy It Now price which you're willing to accept.
exactly

how that [hypothetical] "BIN" LOL i was asking for you to send payment info and you never did, the exact message i got was i would have to pay more as there are higher bidders....anyways who cares i honestly hope you get stuck with it and i do buy alot of things here on tf but i promise no more from you!

11-27-2008, 01:36 AM
Saulie is offline Saulie
Expertise:
Software:

Saulie is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Saulie Send a message via Skype™ to Saulie

Old

Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
Well if that reads as offering a BIN to one single person, the second part of the message contradicts the first ... "If there are any takers at 200 send me a PM." That doesn't suggest a BIN to the first person that messages me.
If someone says "If there are any takers at 200 send me a PM.", to that it means BIN for $200. The first to message you offering to pay that whole amount, should get it...

11-27-2008, 01:59 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

you said the first to reply could have it for $200 im not playing games like that
I never said the first reply could have it. Sorry.

11-27-2008, 02:01 AM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

Originally Posted by Saulie View Post
If someone says "If there are any takers at 200 send me a PM.", to that it means BIN for $200. The first to message you offering to pay that whole amount, should get it...
From an outsider's point of view here, I agree with that. Don't get me wrong though, that design is worth more then that ($200) price of course. But if someone were to say that; "If there are any takers at 200 send me a PM."

That it would be fair to assume that you're (willing to settle or) settling for a $200 price (NOW), rather then wait for the original $300 to $350 to be settled upon. I think from here on out, people need to specify "what" they're actually planning on doing and state it clearly too.

I know YOU (Doughboy) might have thought and stated things clearly, according to yourself. But obviously, some where along the lines people were "thrown off". Anyway, sorry for coming in off the streets and speaking, I'll leave now... LOL!

EDIT: Sexy design by the way! I love it!! Good luck selling it!

11-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

He's trying to make me look like I deviously held out on him and tried to squeeze out a measly 20 extra bucks. Yeah, I'm so greedy, I'd kill for 20 extra bucks!! my karma is AWFUL!!! ... except that I give that amount away at least a few times a month of in the form of a $35 skin (that I've been giving out free for the past 6 months.) to my cms customers. Oh the guilt... oh the karma!

I probably wasn't as clear as I thought... but I absolutely never said (and it's never implied unless it's in writing) that the first person would absolutely get it no matter what. I have to give the dudes more information and they have to run a test script on their server to make sure the program will function properly.

But if the guy wants to be a drama queen, let him. I've been trying to sell the package for a while and have had a handful of dudes back out after making me an offer... I'm not crying over it and trying to make the dudes look like devious bastards. I haven't replied to any of their postings saying how they have bad karma and are greedy.

karma...should have not been greedy...

Negative comments, trashing or criticism are not allowed in members threads.
I'm telling teacher on you!

hehe

11-27-2008, 03:07 AM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

I wouldn't worry about the $20.00 matter anymore. People will think what they want, regardless. IMHO, I don't feel that you were purposely shafting or trying to "screw" anyone out of anything, especially over $20 (more).

Either way, I think PM's regarding sales / offers should be taken with a grain of salt. It can help settle things quickly, and discussions could be carried there yes, but it can also be the downfall of a sale, or user as well.

Only the supposed (two parties) users words are there, no one else can physically "see" them. Things (deals/offers/etc) can "fall through smoothly" or "fall apart dramatically" via a PM. Scooting back and forth, relaying what "so and so" says via a PM to a thread, is costly as well. It's a gamble.

I do that too, though. So to say I haven't, is making me a hypocrite. I immediately (whenever I get online after being in bed for hours or whatever) report back to the thread what's been said / offered via a PM... to keep threads updated. But again, it's a gamble, and it can be costly.

Because people can back out, as fast as they offer something. I think offers and etc from PM's should be kept quiet. Out of sight, out of mind, until something were to actually fall through for sure. Of course, to be decent about it, report it immediately to your thread upon finding out of a supposed "higher offer" or what-not.

But again, if you're basically saying that you'll take $200.00 settlement price (NOW)... and a user is requesting payment methods, then IMHO, I think it's only right to stick with that original $200 bin settlement user. Because it's a "cut throat" gamble. I KNOW you didn't say, whoever is first to PM will get it. It's all just a big mess really sigh. People thought one thing, and other things were going on too.

I wouldn't pay attention to the "drama" of it, just get the sale thread back on track and make a settlement price and stick to it. Really, that's all you can do at this point. *shrug* Someone was willing to take at $200.00, and someone else for $220. I'd just do a nice happy medium price some where there and let it go if possible.

Or, if you think you could actually get the full original bin price range, go for that then! Either way, I wish you luck! If I had spare monies to spend (if people bought my stuff) I'd probably get it! LOL! There's a few other designs / templates on here I'd love to get, but can't, because I'm a broke bastard... lmao.

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >