Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1490 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

15 Tips for Getting Traffic towards Web Site or Blog

Thread title: 15 Tips for Getting Traffic towards Web Site or Blog
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
02-16-2010, 02:31 PM
HarryJackson is offline HarryJackson
Software:

HarryJackson is on a distinguished road

Old  15 Tips for Getting Traffic towards Web Site or Blog

1- Include Subscription On Blog Page: Its helps the people to get updates for your blog ,so they visit your blog again and again when ever you update your blog page.
2- Video Sharing: video distribution is now become one of the most lethal weapon for attracting people, share your video on all video on all video sharing platforms with a link back to your blog page.
3- Email Post: Try to increase your email contacts, send them email when ever you have new post.
4- Attractive Profile on Google: Make an attractive profile on Google and include links of your site or blog.
5- Article Directories Submission: Place a link of your blog or site in author resource box.
6- Title of Blog Post Must Be Attractive: Using numbers in Title of the Post generates Good traffic.
7- Press Releases: Press releases with attractive services with links towards the site may help in getting traffic.
8- RT(Re-Tweet) Button on Blog post: Include Retweet button on your post so your blog reader can easily share it.
9- Include Button of Bookmarks and Social Media Sites: It’s not a difficult thing to add button to share your post on stumbleupon, digg, delicious, reddit etc. There are numerous plug ins available for this. Add these buttons to your post helps reader to share it easily.
10- Comment Posting as a Guest: Comments on others blogs helps you to get new traffic and visitor toward your site or blog.
11- LinkedIn: Make an attractive profile on LinkedIn include a link of your blog or site.
12- Email Signature Links: Include your blog RSS Feed in your email signatures.
13- Directories Submission: Submit your Blog to Blog directories
14- Polls and Surveys: Include Polls and Survey in your blog asking people about their opinion this will bring good traffic.
15- Post Frequently not Occasionally: Search engine will index your content more if you frequently update your content. Also helps in getting more traffic.

02-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Lowengard is offline Lowengard
Expertise: all editorial, bsns consulting
Software: zotero

Lowengard is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Harry

Tomorrow, I'm running a meeting about effective use of social media for a group of professional practitioners. May I "borrow" your list? I will of course give you credit.

Sarah

---update 18 Feb: I actually ended up rewriting to make these less redundant and more appealing to my audience. Let me know if you want to see. sl

07-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

It also helps posting in the correct forum. It seems the marketplace SEO forum is targetted by a lot of spam users. :S

It's pretty obvious as well.

07-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Androidfan is offline Androidfan
Software:

Androidfan is on a distinguished road

Old

3- Email Post: Try to increase your email contacts, send them email when ever you have new post.
That's what I really hate. Once I commented on a blog post leaving my name, email address and a link to my own blog. Since then I always get a notification in my inbox every time the blog is updated, which is against my will.

07-06-2010, 11:40 AM
lstmin is offline lstmin
Software:

lstmin is on a distinguished road

Old

This list is quite helpful, it contains the most important elements to focus on in order to generate traffic. Especially the social bookmarking and networking sites can indeed bring lots of visitors, if they are used properly of course.
I have one more tip though: write something controversial (not just for the purpose of getting traffic necessarily), 'cos people tend to visit, read and comment on such articles.

07-08-2010, 02:05 PM
JonasHastings is offline JonasHastings
Software:

JonasHastings is on a distinguished road

Old

The tips your mentioned Harry is definitely one of the most complete file I've read on this topic. I would just add to do a combination of all of them in a constant velocity.

08-19-2010, 12:07 PM
mohitindia is offline mohitindia
Software:

mohitindia is on a distinguished road

Old

As web 2.0 can too help a lot for the traffic increase,We can work on video marketing,email promotions,article promotions,social media,and many more.
We too can try online advertisement on TV,radio ,rss feeds,banner advertisement..

08-20-2010, 01:41 PM
weblover50 is offline weblover50
Software:

weblover50 is on a distinguished road

Old

Good tips.

I see you have mentioned about LinkedIn, do you think it is better than facebook when it comes to driving traffic?

08-26-2010, 04:48 AM
core8284 is offline core8284
Software:

core8284 is on a distinguished road

Old

LinkedIn?? I think facebook is better when it comes to traffic...

08-31-2010, 10:50 AM
usainternetmarketing is offline usainternetmarketing
Software:

usainternetmarketing is on a distinguished road

Old

Well, the best and important way to generate the traffic is the content so if the content of your site is good, unique and informative then you will surely see more and more relevant traffic coming toward your website....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >