Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1819 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

staff might need some training

Thread title: staff might need some training
Closed Thread    
04-24-2008, 08:09 PM
Soskel is offline Soskel
Software:

Soskel is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Soskel

Old  staff might need some training

I think the staff needs some training:

http://clome.net/stuph/screens//wowo...424-155421.jpg

I got an infraction for posting that?

Lucas gave me an infraction because I posted a thread in the buy/sell forum, which included a description, pics, and a starting bid price on what I was selling. ebay was facilitating the sale, so I posted a link to the ebay page at the bottom of my thread, which isn't against the rules. I got an infraction for posting a link to ebay, which isn't against the rules.

what!?!

thanks

04-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

From the information presented above, which is really all I can base any response on, it does seem as though the new staff members might benefit from being fully versed in accepted procedures and perhaps even kept on a leash for a while until they find their feet.

Getting an infraction for posting a link to ebay seems odd, to say the least, since it appears (from the description above) that the rules weren't broken. I'm fully aware that we can't see the original post and so can't definitely make any statements at this time.

Soskel's post in the other topic, to which he linked to the resulting infraction screenshot, I can understand that one might read it in a negative light, especially so given the previous infraction. However, rather than following the route of yet another punishment, it might've been easier and happier for all to take a look into things and see why Soskel might have said such a thing.

In the end, I'm in agreement with Soskel in the new staff might need a potty training period (if there hasn't been one) and I would go so far as to say that the entire staffing team need to work together on a usual, accepted procedure that they'll all follow under circumstances x, y and z. I'd like to see that procedure involving a little more professionalism in the notification messages and other communications. Using an informal, conversational tone when handing out a punishment is a great way to come across as condescending rather than perhaps the intended friendly tone.

Feel free to give me an infraction for posting in here. I should've probably just reported the topic and had it go away.

04-24-2008, 08:29 PM
CreativeLogic is offline CreativeLogic
Software:

CreativeLogic is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to CreativeLogic

Old

I'm investigating this issue. Before it gets out of hand any further, I have closed this thread.

Closed Thread