Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2330 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Selling TF and The Future

Thread title: Selling TF and The Future
Closed Thread    
10-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by 46Bit View Post
Please delete me from the database of the new site - not just from the vBull control panel but the row in the db as well.

Anyway, it's nice to see that TF and that site will be bombed in terms of SEO due to massive duplicate content. What you should have done is to invite people to join up - instead you've really made me wonder why this is much better than the whole WDP shenanigans.
- Maybe you'd benifit from visiting the site to learn something about SEO. If you could damage a site by copying its content and posting it on another site do you not think every man and his dog would do it to his competitiors.

FOR the 5th time - sorry I've lost count now - THE POSTS WILL BE CULLED!!!!!!!!

10-23-2009, 05:08 PM
46Bit is offline 46Bit
Expertise: Web Development
Software:

46Bit is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to 46Bit Send a message via Skype™ to 46Bit

Old

Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
- Maybe you'd benifit from visiting the site to learn something about SEO. If you could damage a site by copying its content and posting it on another site do you not think every man and his dog would do it to his competitiors.

FOR the 5th time - sorry I've lost count now - THE POSTS WILL BE CULLED!!!!!!!!
If I'd been asked if I wanted to join up I probably would have. Instead all my content here has been copied to somewhere else, regardless of whether it'll be deleted or not, without me having any initial say in it.

Seriously Zee, what on earth are you trying to gain here? A forum with many members but few posts does not an impressive site make. A suggestion: instead of doing this, delete this thread, post a new one inviting people to register there. Not only will people be happy to move to a site you've promised to pay plenty of attention to, but you'll get some extra petty cash by selling this site as 110% unique. Probably not anything relatively massive given your career, but at least you'll not be betraying our trust.

If you're still open to debate on this, post a say 2-day poll as for what people want. If people want this to continue, so be it. If not, then don't. That way you're in the right with the majority of the community either way round.

10-23-2009, 05:26 PM
silent1643 is offline silent1643
Software:

silent1643 is on a distinguished road

Old

If I'd been asked if I wanted to join up I probably would have. Instead all my content here has been copied to somewhere else, regardless of whether it'll be deleted or not, without me having any initial say in it.

Seriously Zee, what on earth are you trying to gain here? A forum with many members but few posts does not an impressive site make. A suggestion: instead of doing this, delete this thread, post a new one inviting people to register there. Not only will people be happy to move to a site you've promised to pay plenty of attention to, but you'll get some extra petty cash by selling this site as 110% unique. Probably not anything relatively massive given your career, but at least you'll not be betraying our trust.

If you're still open to debate on this, post a say 2-day poll as for what people want. If people want this to continue, so be it. If not, then don't. That way you're in the right with the majority of the community either way round.
zee so far has been understanding of our feedback lets give him some time and see what comes of it

10-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Software:

Old

I'm currently working on culling the threads - which will be a lot faster if I wasn't posting here. The forum will start with an inital small amount of threads to make it look busy, as soon as it gets a bit active, these in turn will be culled so it is 100% unique.

10-23-2009, 06:09 PM
ChrisGwynne is offline ChrisGwynne
Expertise: Development
Software: TextMate, Transmit, Photoshop.

ChrisGwynne is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
I'm currently working on culling the threads - which will be a lot faster if I wasn't posting here. The forum will start with an inital small amount of threads to make it look busy, as soon as it gets a bit active, these in turn will be culled so it is 100% unique.
Why not make it 100% unique from the offset. You miss the entire point of creating a forum. From the get go you're totally deceiving any new members from your new community, unless you're going to mention that none of the posts on the website are genuine? I thought not. Hardly a good basis for starting a forum.

If you're all about SEO/SEM then shouldn't you be able to start a forum from scratch rather than employing underhanded tactics in order to create a falseness for new visitors?

Also I'd hope that none of the posts you have transferred over to your new sites contains any artwork/designs etc created by any users here as you then begin treading steps on copyright infringement.

10-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by ChrisGwynne View Post
Why not make it 100% unique from the offset. You miss the entire point of creating a forum. From the get go you're totally deceiving any new members from your new community, unless you're going to mention that none of the posts on the website are genuine? I thought not. Hardly a good basis for starting a forum.

If you're all about SEO/SEM then shouldn't you be able to start a forum from scratch rather than employing underhanded tactics in order to create a falseness for new visitors?

Also I'd hope that none of the posts you have transferred over to your new sites contains any artwork/designs etc created by any users here as you then begin treading steps on copyright infringement.
I did it to just leave a month, then thought bugger it and deleted the lot. So hopefully everyone is happy now.

10-23-2009, 07:29 PM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

I've known of you wanting to sell the board since the other week, and I basically told you just to keep the board and let the new staff run it and make it better again. Despite any of my wrong doings on here, since I've joined in April 2007. I've had my heart into this board, versus any other board of this nature, on the internet today. I also said it's your board, and of course you can do with it what you choose. To either sell it, keep it, or whatever.

Personally, (even though it may be hard and bumpy and things might only get worse after TF is sold and the new owner has it), I'd still rather stand behind TalkFreelance.com despite who the new owner may be. It appears you've removed the posts for here and so forth on the new board, that's a good thing. I agree with the majority on that too. It's wrong. In essence, you wouldn't just be tearing the TalkFreelance (forum, domain and etc) "spirit / soul" in half, but also the many users that have been here on TalkFreelance.com since it's birth.

If you want followers of your own, and maybe have your other board grow, which is completely fine of course. Just do like most suggested, and post a link to your new board and ask for people to join and help you there. Otherwise, you'd be basically doing what Vizon did to start with. Just going about it differently and a little worse. If you're still intending to sell TalkFreelance, okay. Post it up for bidding, and whoever wants it, will buy it, and do with it as they please. I just hope the staff positions and etc won't be lost from this though. All the current staff (despite some goof-ups and etc) have been putting A LOT of time into helping TalkFreelance get back on her feet again.
  1. I ain't going any where. I'm staying right here with TalkFreelance till her dying last breath.
  2. If you sell, sell it to someone good. And I'll stay around to help TalkFreelance regardless. Like I told you in PM the other week, I'd rather VG ran it and owned the board though. But, whoever gets it, I'd still love to be here and help with the rest of the staff.
  3. Don't cull posts and users and etc, just leave the TalkFreelance stuff alone. If others want to help with the other board, then that's their choice. (Which you've apparently corrected and fixed yourself. Good deal!)
  4. Let's get TalkFreelance upgraded, put the updated skins on here, and whatever else needs handled. TalkFreelance is her own board, and if you still intend to sell it, it should be sold with everything that's rightfully her's. An upgrade, her skins, any little plug-ins and etc that could help improve her. Then sell her as a "whole". The other board doesn't hold any "rights" to anything TalkFreelance.com. The other forum is it's own presence, spirit, soul and etc. It should have it's own "everything", not TalkFreelance.com's.

Sorry for the long novel, but I just wanted to get out my thoughts, feelings, and etc on this matter. And I do wish you the best with your other board, if you need some help, I'd be willing to help there too! Just don't force people there, though... And if you're still intending to sell it, I sure hope it's to someone that will only help TalkFreelance.com rise from the depths of possible failure and get back on track to the life she once had before.

10-23-2009, 08:17 PM
46Bit is offline 46Bit
Expertise: Web Development
Software:

46Bit is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to 46Bit Send a message via Skype™ to 46Bit

Old

Originally Posted by spencerp View Post
... Let's get TalkFreelance upgraded, put the updated skins on here, and whatever else needs handled. TalkFreelance is her own board, and if you still intend to sell it, it should be sold with everything that's rightfully her's. An upgrade, her skins, any little plug-ins and etc that could help improve her. Then sell her as a "whole". ...
The problem with this area is that he might quite easily not get in extra sale price what he'd need to put in to get this sorted.

10-23-2009, 08:21 PM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

The problem with this area is that he might quite easily not get in extra sale price what he'd need to put in to get this sorted.
Doesn't matter though... We've been waiting on TF to be upgraded and etc, since my join date, and even earlier though. LOL! Should be taken care of regardless if it helps the sale price or not.

Edit: Also, this has been one of the staff's plans... it shouldn't be retracted since he decides to sell it. Things on here should still be going ahead as planned, change wise and upgrading and etc.

Closed Thread