Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1580 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Website Announcements :

WWE Divas

Thread title: WWE Divas
Closed Thread    
07-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Lustre91 is offline Lustre91
Expertise:
Software:

Lustre91 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lustre91

Old  WWE Divas

WWE Divas has changed quite a bit since the last time I posted it. I've added lots of new features so I'd love to hear your feedback

07-06-2008, 04:32 PM
skyfox is offline skyfox
Software:

skyfox is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to skyfox

Old

I think my first reaction was to wonder where the banner was. The text introduction in the upper right gets the job done but doesn't seem to shout, "Here I am!! This is what the website is all about."

Photo section turned out solid. I like the mouseover highlights. However, I do not like that clicking on the photo just takes me to the image. I'm sure you have this in the works, but it'd be nice to see the full photo display stay in the current page. One idea that pops into mind (though there are certainly other methods) are the picture slideshows these use on major newspaper sites like www.washingtonpost.com

07-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by skyfox View Post
I think my first reaction was to wonder where the banner was. The text introduction in the upper right gets the job done but doesn't seem to shout, "Here I am!! This is what the website is all about."

The main picture on the top left is meant to be the header, it was meant to be a slide show at first with lots of images but I couldn't figure out how to do it without losing the quality of the images when I saved them.

Photo section turned out solid. I like the mouseover highlights. However, I do not like that clicking on the photo just takes me to the image. I'm sure you have this in the works, but it'd be nice to see the full photo display stay in the current page. One idea that pops into mind (though there are certainly other methods) are the picture slideshows these use on major newspaper sites like www.washingtonpost.com

That's what I want to do actually, but I'm not sure which methods are popular and where to get them from. If you could help with that I'd appreciate it.
I've put my responses below your points

07-06-2008, 05:07 PM
skyfox is offline skyfox
Software:

Old

I'll get the obvious and cop-out answer out the way. Pay for a service. Something like the one listed here.
XML Flash Slideshow

If you're more interesting in the coding aspect, read on. This is taken directly from Adobe's website. Example

The sample slide show application shown below uses an external XML file that provides, for each slide, the URL to a JPEG file and a short text description.
The benefit here is that you only have to update the XML file, not the flash. Updating Flash can be obnoxious, I usually like to avoid it if possible.

To understand the theor of how XML works in, you should read this section.

My biggest suggestion to you is to download the source file, study how the code was made, then work from their to build your own structure. I am new to this as well and have found this method to cover my needs so far with minimal headache (but since it's new, grab some advil, you might need it).

As far as design, Ask Men will have plenty of slideshows that should serve as a good example of structure and content (mmmm... content).

Does this give you a good place to start?

07-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Give me an hour or so to read up on this and make a proper response. I've done it before in all Flash but there has to be better ways. I have my foot out the door right now on the way to the grocery store (I want dinner, what can I say, I'm greedy with my time like that). I'll use this as a placeholder.
That's great. Does anyone know a reliable host that allows nudity?

07-08-2008, 01:46 AM
skyfox is offline skyfox
Software:

Old

Realized you would never know if I edited my post unless I added another one, sooooooo bump!

07-09-2008, 05:17 PM
stevejobs is offline stevejobs
Expertise:
Software:

stevejobs is on a distinguished road

Old

Hey,

First of all I would say thanks for sharing it with us.

For your site I will say it's great.

Check out my British Amateurs video site.

07-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Realized you would never know if I edited my post unless I added another one, sooooooo bump!
Thank you but those aren't really what I'm looking for

Closed Thread