Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1324 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Development Software and Tools :

Windows xp service pack 3 - Reloaded

Thread title: Windows xp service pack 3 - Reloaded
Closed Thread    
05-16-2005, 11:47 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old  Windows xp service pack 3 - Reloaded

Microsoft's repeated denials, the company will indeed release an interim version of Windows XP that will bridge the gap between the initial XP release and Windows Longhorn, which is currently due in late 2005 at the earliest. The interim XP version will ship as a new retail product that replaces existing retail boxed copies of XP and as a set of updates, called XP Reloaded, that existing XP users can install separately. According to sources I contacted this morning, XP Reloaded will include all the features from XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), which is due by midyear, as well as a host of other unique features, including Windows Media Player (WMP) 10.
It seems pretty pointless releasing this and then bringing out a new OS like half a year later. SP2 destoryed my computer, I have countless errors and my cpu usage is always high ever since I installed that heap of junk! I can't even use p2p anymore.....

I won't be installing this, although I wouldn't mind the latest WMP I'll probably wait for longhorn!

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles...layTab=Article

05-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Chris Gwynne is offline Chris Gwynne
Expertise:
Software:

Chris Gwynne is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Chris Gwynne Send a message via MSN to Chris Gwynne Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Gwynne

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
It seems pretty pointless releasing this and then bringing out a new OS like half a year later. SP2 destoryed my computer, I have countless errors and my cpu usage is always high ever since I installed that heap of junk! I can't even use p2p anymore.....

I won't be installing this, although I wouldn't mind the latest WMP I'll probably wait for longhorn!

How is it pointless? It's just upgrading your OS so it's better prepared for a smooth transition from XP to Longhorn.

Same with vBulletin you have to upgrade to each version first, rather than jump from 2.3.0 to 3.0.7

05-16-2005, 10:52 PM
Adam is offline Adam
Software:

Adam is on a distinguished road

Old

microsoft are launching a advertising campaign right up until lh is released promoting xp and office 2003. so this is probably part of that

but i am still running xp sq1 i refuse to install a 200mb firewall. when ive got a £100 hardware firewall that does the job.

05-18-2005, 08:39 AM
tickedon is offline tickedon
Expertise:
Software:

tickedon is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Adam
microsoft are launching a advertising campaign right up until lh is released promoting xp and office 2003. so this is probably part of that

but i am still running xp sq1 i refuse to install a 200mb firewall. when ive got a £100 hardware firewall that does the job.
It's not just a 200mb firewall. Whole host of other useful things - and I'm pretty certain that without SP2, you won't be able to download patches for Windows XP/SP1.

05-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Adam is offline Adam
Software:

Adam is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by tickedon
It's not just a 200mb firewall. Whole host of other useful things - and I'm pretty certain that without SP2, you won't be able to download patches for Windows XP/SP1.
apart from a couple of patches what else have they done? as far as im concerned its a 200mb firewall. thats all it does. sp2 was designed as a security update. so its a firewall.

and i dont use windows update anyways. i have no need. my pc works fine.

05-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Expertise:
Software:

Stephen is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via MSN to Stephen

Old

I upgrade because thats what its there for

05-18-2005, 06:13 PM
mmorales is offline mmorales
Expertise:
Software:

mmorales is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to mmorales

Old

lol, nice stephan.

05-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Khmer is offline Khmer
Expertise:
Software:

Khmer is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Khmer

Old

Originally Posted by Robson

Same with me, SP2 destroyed my computer. I'm using SP1 right now and its stable.

05-23-2005, 02:43 PM
HeadMaster is offline HeadMaster
Software:

HeadMaster is on a distinguished road

Old

As usual, this release will be full of bugs and Microsoft just wants us to be their *free* beta testers!

Last week, at the ICC Montreal, a guy from Microsoft told me that the new Longhorn will be released sometime in 2006! This explains why they are releasing an interim version.

05-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Jabbie is offline Jabbie
Expertise:
Software:

Jabbie is on a distinguished road

Old

Microsoft is a pile of ****... apple will win over me anyday of the week.. even a mac g0.12312 would beat a windows PC.

Closed Thread