Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1624 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     PHP and MySQL :

What programming language do you use?

Thread title: What programming language do you use?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
12-11-2004, 10:09 AM
WebDesignerChat is offline WebDesignerChat
Expertise:
Software:

WebDesignerChat is on a distinguished road

Old

Well my advice to anyone who wants to learn any form of programming is: Get your head around the concept of objects, what they are how they work and interact. Once you grasp the concept of objects you can pick up and understand all programming languages quicker.

Even your understanding of HTML will become more informed because in a way the tags represent objects and are probably created as objects in the browser as it loads a web page.

12-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Refekt is offline Refekt
Expertise:
Software:

Refekt is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Refekt Send a message via MSN to Refekt

Old

Also, programming is all logic. You have to think ahead a lot of the time. What WDC said is true, also. Just start small and work your way up.

12-11-2004, 08:16 PM
ULTiMATE is offline ULTiMATE
Expertise:
Software:

ULTiMATE is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to ULTiMATE Send a message via AIM to ULTiMATE Send a message via MSN to ULTiMATE

Old

Another tip for Programmers, plan EVERYTHING before you actually code. If you're going to make anything like a booking system, create JSD's, use psuedocode, etc. In the end, it makes the coding a LOT easier to do.

Programming/Formatting Languages i know:
HTML/XHTML (Good Knowledge)
CSS (Good Knowledge)
XML (Good Knowledge)
C++ (Basic Knowledge)
ASP (Good Knowledge)
SQL (Good Knowledge)
Javascript (Good Knowledge)
C (Basic Knowledge)
Visual Basic (Intermediate Knowledge)
PHP (Intermediate Knowledge)
Assembler (Basic Knowledge)

12-16-2004, 03:29 AM
Travis is offline Travis
Software:

Travis is on a distinguished road

Old

This is my first post here in a long time. I am a programmer (specifically web programmer at this stage) and I am quite strong in the following languages:

- HTML/XHTML
- CSS
- Javascript
- PHP
- MySQL
- XML (well kinda I have never really used it but its quite simple)

I got my Tertiary entrance rank today and it should be good enough to get into software engineering or advanced computer science at uni next year (really the next 4 years). There I will be learning many more languages such as Java (in a big way), C, C++, Cobol, lisp, ASP, other databases such as oracle etc. In addition to that all of the skills that go with being a software engineer such as designing applications, and much more. So theres lots to look forward to in the future. As of this week I actually started mucking around with Java a bit since its what I will be using most next year but I haven't had time to get any where with it yet.

12-16-2004, 07:27 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

addition to that all of the skills that go with being a software engineer such as designing applications, and much more.
Keep well away, i am currently studying software engineering at university and it is so boring......

12-16-2004, 07:36 AM
nykoelle is offline nykoelle
Expertise:
Software:

nykoelle is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to nykoelle

Old

and sadly, its stuff like coding c++ and whatnot that's being outsourced bigtime. stay toward thigns that require you to be local

12-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Travis is offline Travis
Software:

Travis is on a distinguished road

Old

Keep well away, i am currently studying software engineering at university and it is so boring...... really? I think that it will be interesting + its really an addition to what I am already doing and I like doing it. I mean its not the best thing to do in the world but I dont know to many other uni courses I think I will find as good (or maybe as easy). Mind you, you seem to becoming more intersted in business so maybe thats where you would be better suited. In a way it seems a bit strange that you would advise people to stay away from software engineering when really this forums should be slightly devoted to programming and freelancers that are programmers or software engineers.

12-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Refekt is offline Refekt
Expertise:
Software:

Refekt is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Refekt Send a message via MSN to Refekt

Old

I'm going to be either taking programming or multimedia in college. Then probably game development for 2nd year.

12-16-2004, 02:02 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

In a way it seems a bit strange that you would advise people to stay away from software engineering when really this forums should be slightly devoted to programming and freelancers that are programmers or software engineers.
Well, like you point out i am very interested in business/marketing and basically making money. These forums main aim is to provide a friendly and safe community for people to carry out business. The focal point of talkfreelance are designers and programmers.

Software engineering just doesn't strike me as interesting, another module i do project management is of far greater relevance to me and i recommend that! But...for programmers i am sure the course would aid you well!

12-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

if you have no interest in it why are you doing it? lol

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >