Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1310 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     PHP and MySQL :

What programming language do you use?

Thread title: What programming language do you use?
Closed Thread  
Page 7 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7
05-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Koobi is offline Koobi
Software:

Koobi is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by dmsuperman
PHP is actually a programming language. Just because it is used more online than off does not make it a scripting language, it is never ever seen by a browser, and actually executes as a program then outputs the scripting language. You can also make .exe's out of PHP language, but I don't remember the program that converted it.
PHP is an interpretted language isn't it? Although there are ways you can make PHP compile and execute. As far as I know, interpretted languages are more commonly known as scripting language. I didn't say it was a scripting language because "it is used more online than off" and I'm not sure what you meant by that.

Compiled languages are more often known as programming languages although PHP is known as web-programming, it's actually scripting as far as I know.

You can use GTK and run PHP from your machine...not sure about the .exe's though. I don't work with exe's because I work on a Linux machine.

Closed Thread  
Page 7 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7