Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1336 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Design team formed :)

Thread title: Design team formed :)
Closed Thread  
Page 8 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8
01-11-2005, 03:14 PM
wizard is offline wizard
Software:

wizard is on a distinguished road

Old

I just joined today and wana apply too

Heres my site
www.nexus-creations.com

01-11-2005, 04:02 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

01-11-2005, 07:06 PM
g-style is offline g-style
Expertise:
Software:

g-style is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to g-style

Old

signed*

01-18-2005, 10:42 PM
sliceandcode is offline sliceandcode
Expertise:
Software:

sliceandcode is on a distinguished road

Old

I just thought of something while replying to my contest thread. Maybe, you should let the contest holders decide if they want design team members only or not.. just an idea

01-19-2005, 12:41 AM
ULTiMATE is offline ULTiMATE
Expertise:
Software:

ULTiMATE is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to ULTiMATE Send a message via AIM to ULTiMATE Send a message via MSN to ULTiMATE

Old

To be honest, I don't think the Design Team thing has went very well at all. All it's done is alienate possible entries into competitions. The new contest is a good example of this, with the two admins being the only people who've made something last time I checked. Sucks, cause I'm quite partial to Graphic Design. Also I don't really fancy being added into the Design Team late because of this. Call me petty but I don't fancy being a second rate team member. In the end, I know I didn't have a working portfolio, and I'm not putting this down to why I didn't get in, but I don't think this has been planned out too well at all.

01-19-2005, 12:55 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

In the end, I know I didn't have a working portfolio
We can't judge you if you don't have anything to show us. There are 15 odd members of the design team, it's not our fault none of them are participating in the contests being held here.

01-19-2005, 01:02 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Send a message via ICQ to ULTiMATE Send a message via AIM to ULTiMATE Send a message via MSN to ULTiMATE

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
We can't judge you if you don't have anything to show us. There are 15 odd members of the design team, it's not our fault none of them are participating in the contests being held here.
I know, it's not like you can single handedly force them to work. I'm just wondering how this is going to sort itself out, because 2 members (all admins) is a very poor turnout. To be honest, I would have just made it so that members would have to have a portfolio which at least shows their contact information. As far as a Portfolio goes, the whole reason I have one is for new work I create. All I've done as of late is college work (web development related), and I don't want to add that until I've passed my courses. To be honest, for now I just plan to fall back on the qualifications I have in Web Development and Server Side Programming to get work, while I stick all my graphics on deviantART. I don't plan to have a typical portfolio up for quite a while, apart from odd scripts that I write, or if I need to show a client anything I've done.

Please don't see this as an attack on the work you've done. This place has come a VERY long way, and I'm suprised that this is the only thing I've found wrong with this place, cause I seem to be very outspoken when things are wrong. But yeah, I DO have work to show off. I always have. If you read my application, I had put down the qualifications I have, and on my portfolio page link i showed you, it says if you want to see any of my work to contact me. I was kinda hoping for a response back from you, but I seen that since you said I had no working portfolio, it was essential. Anyways, it's really no biggie. I just want to make sure that things go smoothly.

01-19-2005, 02:18 AM
Legendary is offline Legendary
Software:

Legendary is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by ULTiMATE
it says if you want to see any of my work to contact me. I was kinda hoping for a response back from you
Can you please read that and tell me if there is anything wrong with that? If you can't even spend the time linking all your work together under one place, do you really think that the admins are going to come to you to see what you have done? I think that Rob and Pat are too nice to lazy people like you. Its certainly not their fault if you don't have the time to do put a portfolio together, so don't be a sore loser. PEACE!!

01-19-2005, 02:24 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Legendary
Can you please read that and tell me if there is anything wrong with that? If you can't even spend the time linking all your work together under one place, do you really think that the admins are going to come to you to see what you have done? I think that Rob and Pat are too nice to lazy people like you. Its certainly not their fault if you don't have the time to do put a portfolio together, so don't be a sore loser. PEACE!!
I can't help having limitations on what I am allowed to take out from college. This is why I ask for people to contact me, so I can arrange with the college to get my old account information and get my stuff for the course, then host it on the space that the college provides. I could always just take it all home, but I've got more important work from college to use my space with.

Closed Thread  
Page 8 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8