Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1801 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     Development Software and Tools :

i'm looking for a CMS that is like a wiki/blog

Thread title: i'm looking for a CMS that is like a wiki/blog
Closed Thread    
01-03-2008, 02:51 AM
insub2 is offline insub2
Software:

insub2 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to insub2

Old  i'm looking for a CMS that is like a wiki/blog

i'm working on this project (a community site for local artists) with a friend of mine. we came with a pretty cool design for our CMS but neither of us are programmers and we can't afford to pay anyone (unless you want to do it for free...or beer money...or beer). so we need a CMS and I was wondering if anybody here knew of anything that exist like this:

Projects
  • user starts a "project page"
  • "project pages" would have status categories ("needs help", "finished", etc.)
  • user can grant permission to edit the "project page"
    • invite other users to "join" the via personal or mass private message
    • other users can request to "join" (obviously, would need to be approved)
  • media can be attached (pictures, video, sound) ...for bandwidth's sake, it'd be nice to limit the total space for attachments. but i don't anticipate success, so i guess it's a bit of a moot issue.
  • any user can vote on weather or not they like the project
  • any user can leave a comment
  • any user can flag as spam, NSFW, etc. (site master would see that and them make the final decision)

each user would have a profile with some basic info, an artist's statement, and a list of projects they have been involved in

users could become "fans" of other users to keep up with what their working on. i'd like to give the user option between RSS, e-mail (batch e-mail once an X), or on-site for such updates.

Ease of use (for the users) is extremely important because we're looking a audience that is mostly not tech savvy.

Do you know of something that would work for me?
Or would you like to make it? ...i have another website idea that would run on something very similar, so i got this crazy idea of making some sort Open Source CMS....but i feel that is (less than) a pipe dream.

Thanks for your help.

Closed Thread