Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1443 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Ebay Nightmare Episode

Thread title: Ebay Nightmare Episode
Closed Thread    
10-05-2005, 09:15 AM
Kazor is offline Kazor
Expertise:
Software:

Kazor is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Kazor

Old  Ebay Nightmare Episode

One day, you're blithely surfing eBay and stumble across a Ziggy Zebra Beanie Baby--the perfect gift for your little rug rat. So you place a bid, then another bid, and another. Finally, you manage to snag the thing out from under a dozen other eBay buyers.

But when the package arrives days later, it's no Beanie Baby. It's not even a zebra. It's hell-spawn evil incarnate, a thing from a world not our own. You've been slimed by the dark forces of eBay.

Only a tiny fraction of the 1.3 million daily transactions on Internet auction sites results in fraud. But that still means thousands of people get ripped off each day. In fact, auction fraud accounts for nearly three-quarters of all complaints posted to the Internet Crime Center. And still thousands more experience terrifyingly annoying auction hijinks, including sky-high fees.

Don't become a statistic. You can easily protect yourself against auction fraud and related trauma if you follow our advice. Come with us now as we embark on today's episode of eBay nightmares.
Source : http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10168_7...?tag=cnetfd.wk

10-05-2005, 09:26 AM
sniper101 is offline sniper101
Expertise:
Software:

sniper101 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to sniper101

Old

That is a really strange story kazor but it was a bit interesting.

10-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Kazor is offline Kazor
Expertise:
Software:

Kazor is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Kazor

Old

Let me guess, your not a regular ebay user

10-05-2005, 04:37 PM
sniper101 is offline sniper101
Expertise:
Software:

sniper101 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to sniper101

Old

Nope i arnt lol .

10-06-2005, 06:56 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Here in New Zealand we use www.trademe.co.nz

We almost got ripped off, it took someone 4 weeks to post an item out to us...we were fuming!

10-06-2005, 11:40 AM
mxadam is offline mxadam
Expertise:
Software:

mxadam is on a distinguished road

Old

its easy to get ripped of on ebay and expecially at the moment , think about the potential of fraud with pre-ordering xbox 360's and playstation 3's "put a pre-order for sale for 10 systems, they done come out till dec 2nd which is in over 2 months , sell 10 systems for 2500 pounds , by december in over 2 months time , nearly 3 the buyers wont be able to ask paypal for a refund because its over their 30 day limit , the seller goes with 2500 pounds , buyers left with nothing but a big fu from both ebay , seller and paypal"

I hate that ebay also owns paypal , it makes it easier for fraud to happen and paypal is so **** that some of you might not know they dont deal with complains for virtual goods if said let me give you a real example "i sold my vbulletin licence once for $130, he got it transfered to him and said he also wanted his money back, he put in a complaint and all i had to say was its a virtual good and paypal closed it and i kept my money" luckily that was a legit transaction and the ebay licence was fine and only like 3 months old and a owned version

think about if you paid for a domain making say $100 a month and paid say $1500 for it, and you got the domain and it was actually masking nothing (fraud) so you put in a claim and they just close it , you would of just lost $1500 on a worthless domain.

There are a lot of fishy things with paypal and a lot of users they hold to ransom. But the funny thing is like most of you will agree , we have to use it. Its the easiest way to buy and sell and with ebay + paypal you just cant beat it

If someone would just buy out paypal the monopoly would be broken down and more safe.

Adam

10-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Shaun is offline Shaun
Expertise:
Software:

Shaun is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Shaun Send a message via MSN to Shaun Send a message via Yahoo to Shaun

Old

thats pretty funny :lol:

Closed Thread