Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 770 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

I'm Giving Away $300 To The Best Posters & Referrers Competition

Thread title: I'm Giving Away $300 To The Best Posters & Referrers Competition
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 >
03-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old  I'm Giving Away $300 To The Best Posters & Referrers Competition

The Big $300 give away
To celebrate a pending milestone of 15,000 threads I am going to match that number in cents and double it (ie $300). This milestone is not very far so to give a fixed date for the end of the competition is going to be 1st May. So that just a month and a half from now.

Sounds Great - So who you going to give it to?
The give away is split into 2 parts:

Part 1 - $200
Best Forum Posters

The prize split goes like this:

$100 - first place
$50 - second place
$30 - third place
$20 - fouth place

Judges will be looking for great thread starters and helpful posters! - It is not a numbers game, so don't just post for the sake of it, we are looking for QUALITY postings!

NOTE: - The best poster will be judged only on their posts from 16th March till 30th April, so new members will have the same chance of winning as exisitng members.

Part 2 - $100

$50 - Biggest Referrer (To the member who refers the most new members to the site, - to qualify each new member must have contributed a miniumum of 10 posts)

$50 - Best Referrer (To any person who referrs a new member who wins one of the top 4 postions for best poster)

- In the instance that there is no new member that wins one of the top four posting positions, then $30 will go to the second placed biggest referrer and $20 to the third biggest referrer.

- In the instance that more than 1 new member wins a top poster postion, then the $50 will go to the person who referred the highest placed top poster who is a new member.

New Member Definition - A "New Member" is defined as anyone who joins up between 16th March and 30th April.

Payements - Payments will be paid direct to your paypal account - unfortunately we can't pay in any other way.

The Judges
- Will be the current admins and mods.
- The judges decisions are final and we will disqualify anyone who we think is trying to manipulate any of the results by dubious means!!
- All parts of the competition are closed to judges except Biggest Referrer

Tips on doing well
- Use your referral link wherever you can. This will automatically track anyone who comes to TF using your link and signs up. To find out your referral I'd just go to your member area and in the URL you will see u=USERID. Make a note of this number as this is also your referral ID. All you now have to do is create a link to anywhere in TF and add on to the URL &referrerid=USERID.

- I would suggest that you link to this exact page, as you can tell everyone about the competition and they are very likely to sign up to win one of the prizes. So for example my USER id is 3413 so my link for the competition to get those referrals would be: http://www.talkfreelance.com/showthr...eferrerid=3413 - all you do is replace 3413 with your unique USER id.

- ANYONE WHO HAS ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT USING YOUR REFERRAL ID: - Here is the link to the relevant information from VB: VB information on how to use your referral link

- So, further tips on promotion, put the link on your website, put it in your signature, go and post on another forum about the competition using your link, send out a newsletter, write an article and post it on other websites - its only limited by your imagination!!

Good Luck!!!

03-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Aaron Moody is offline Aaron Moody
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

Aaron Moody is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Aaron Moody

Old

Sounds great. This is a great 'competition' and will surely boost the quality of the talkfreelance topics/posts.
I'm just wondering do we get points/graded on spellin/punctuation in this contest ? Because people could post
"WInÑ1Ng D@ lotary i$ Mint3d" - A usefull tip (just an example)
"Winning the lotery, Is a great step forward to starting your own online buisness" - Alot more profesional, imformative, and helpfull to members, and guests.

I think I checked all the boxes there for a good post 'laugh out loud' only joking

03-16-2006, 09:38 PM
northpark is offline northpark
Expertise:
Software:

northpark is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to northpark

Old

*drools

seems difficult

03-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by soul
Sounds great. This is a great 'competition' and will surely boost the quality of the talkfreelance topics/posts.
I'm just wondering do we get points/graded on spellin/punctuation in this contest ? Because people could post
"WInÑ1Ng D@ lotary i$ Mint3d" - A usefull tip (just an example)
"Winning the lotery, Is a great step forward to starting your own online buisness" - Alot more profesional, imformative, and helpfull to members, and guests.

I think I checked all the boxes there for a good post 'laugh out loud' only joking
When we mean quality that means everything about the post - we don't mind the odd spelling mistakes as thats just natural - but you cant call it quality if its not legible !!

03-16-2006, 09:47 PM
sniper101 is offline sniper101
Expertise:
Software:

sniper101 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to sniper101

Old

Nice Competition Big Zee may the best memeber win all Hope a well deserving memeber wins this

Good look to everyone

Regards Jonny

03-16-2006, 09:48 PM
northpark is offline northpark
Expertise:
Software:

northpark is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to northpark

Old

Originally Posted by Big Zee
When we mean quality that means everything about the post - we don't mind the odd spelling mistakes as thats just natural - but you cant call it quality if its not legible !!
psst..check your PM;s

03-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Digit is offline Digit
Expertise:
Software:

Digit is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Digit Send a message via MSN to Digit

Old

Ah, cool. Getting paid for posting at TF? Heaven.

I wish everyone the best of luck.

03-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Kenny is offline Kenny
Expertise:
Software:

Kenny is on a distinguished road

Old

Nice to see new competition here on TF
Hope we see some new and dedicated members and posts showing up!
Good luck and have fun everyone!

03-16-2006, 10:24 PM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

t0m is on a distinguished road

Old

Sounds a great competition Big Zee Good job on forking out the $300!

Just a suggestion, could we someday have one of Robson's "Pick a number and win" competitions; small prizes, simple and great fun

03-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Josh.UK is offline Josh.UK
Expertise:
Software:

Josh.UK is on a distinguished road

Old

Sounds like a great idea to me, ive enjoyed my small time on these forums, so referring people here most defiantly will be an easy task.

Good luck all, it's damn good prize!

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 >