Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1345 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire :

A Massive iPhone project needs a webmaster and bloggers/forum posters

Thread title: A Massive iPhone project needs a webmaster and bloggers/forum posters
Closed Thread    
10-20-2008, 01:30 AM
Pred4tor is offline Pred4tor
Software:

Pred4tor is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Pred4tor

Old  A Massive iPhone project needs a webmaster and bloggers/forum posters

A few weeks ago, I, along with two other associates began developing a great project related to the iPhone and its App Store. The premise was to review almost every application, helping people decide whether or not they should go out and buy the app themselves (think of us like the GameSpot of iPhone gaming). Then, surrounding the reviews, was to be a large database of iPhone/App tutorials, news, previews, and finally, a massive forum dedicated to everything iPhone and App Store. At the moment, no such forum exists.

Click this link to check out the fully developed site, and its forum.

As you can see, we have everything set up.
  • Custom and coded Wordpress theme
  • Unique forum with many mods installed
  • Applications list ingeniously sorted
  • Tutorials list page coded
  • Advertising strategy explicitly planned out, from conquering YouTube to the iTunes top podcasts list.

So why am I posting here?
We have a problem. The three of us currently working on this project are all full-time students with jobs, clubs, and sports. As enthusiastic as we are about this project, we simply cannot find the time to work on such a content-heavy site, at least not in the blogging and reviewing department. On our forum, we came up with a great plan to hire people to blog, review, and create other types of content for the site, but since no one goes to the forum yet, there is no one to hire.

[scroll down for the blogging/forum posting jobs]

What I am looking for now is someone that can take on this project as an administrator like myself and the two other leaders. Whatever revenue the site makes (which if all goes according to plan, will be huge), you will get an equal share of the pay. The same share that I make and that the other two leaders make. But of course, for me to allow that to happen, we need someone who is/has the following:
  • Be extremely active. I can't stress this anymore. If you aren't active, we don't need you, and we'll have to send you out. That's the whole reason we are currently hiring.
  • Knows the topic at hand. This means, for you to run an iPhone community, you need to actually have one (or the iPod Touch) and know how to use it. The only exception we can make to this is if you are really enthusiastic about this project and can make up for it by doing a ton of other work.
  • Will respect the fact that this site is a part of the Vuggo Network, the website network that owns and funds the project. The three guys (including myself) that are currently working on this project, work for Vuggo, so we get the final word on anything to do with the coding or content. We aren't strict, but we can't let our site spiral out of our own hands.

The kind of stuff we need you to do is:
  • Take control over a project that has been fading away due to inactivity.
  • Get the forum going, get the blog running, get on board with our advertising strategies (or come up with your own).

We need someone who, with his work and effort, can inspire the rest of us to work just as hard and to turn this community into the largest of its type.

To prove to us that you could manage such a task, I would like for you to let me know of you own experience with webmaster, unique ideas you have for this project, what skills you could bring to the table, and exactly how much time you could put into it.

Remember, I can't promise you any amount of money just like I can't promise myself it. Wherever this project (the only of its kind) heads, is how will rake in. Just remember, there are thousands of applications for the iPhone, millions of people buying and downloading them, and no professional home or community for them. We even want to get application developers on board.

-------------------------------------

Also, we need Bloggers, Forum Posters, application Reviewers, iPhone Tutorial Writers, and more. All these positions are paid, plus some that aren't, like forum moderators, but get many incentives like holiday gift-cards and more. Look to the next post on this thread for forum posting details.

For more information, check this link out.

10-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Pred4tor is offline Pred4tor
Software:

Pred4tor is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Pred4tor

Old

For forum posters:

We are paying our forum posters $.10 per post, which is a great rate. We hope to get 100 posts from each person who signs up, so let me know if you are interested. I'll check out your posts here on DP or on some other forum (let me know which) to see if you're qualified!

11-06-2008, 10:15 AM
psdmockup.com is offline psdmockup.com
Software:

psdmockup.com is on a distinguished road

Old

Warm regards !
I take this opportunity to introduce ourselves, an established Graphic / Web Designer in the field of web design and development.

In the last couple of years I have been able to satisfy a large number of clients across various industries.

The information you have provided has enabled us to review what would be the best solution for you to meet the objectives. The deliverables would be, I'm sure, a terrific asset to the business. I would be delighted to work with you on this project and can assure you of a deliverable of the highest quality.

Check My Website http://www.psdmockup.com
I am happy to discuss further regarding your any Web design related project. You can reach me online at GTalk rakesh.mondal@gmail.com , Skype: rakeshmondal

In case, you need any further clarification feel free to contact me . Looking forward for a long & healthy business association.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best services & attention at all times.

Closed Thread