Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1707 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Pick the new TalkFreelance Design!

Thread title: Pick the new TalkFreelance Design!
View Poll Results: I vote for a design by
Chris 65 85.53%
Dan 11 14.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 >
04-21-2011, 04:29 AM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old  Pick the new TalkFreelance Design!

*please read an important message in bold type at the end of this post to avoid any miscommunications.

In 2010, one of the priorities was to bring the community a fresh new theme. After 3 consecutive hires the delivered results were still not good enough. So, I raised the bar and contracted our own Daniel Hellier (a.k.a Dan) to think outside of the box and deliver something that is unique, yet something that stays within our objectives. In light of future development, apart from being visually pleasing, the priority was set to produce a functional interface that allows anyone to reach any product/service with a single click. Hence, the idea of a central navigation menu (similar to the experience of a universal remote control) that takes you anywhere within our resource was set in motion.

Additionally, we wanted to cut through the clutter and focus on just those components and bits that are of highest informational importance.

To make things more interesting, and to offer community members a choice, I have also approached Chris Rowe (a.k.a cpr) to re-work Dan's design. Given the amount of feedback that Chris has offered throughout various stages of the process, the idea was not to deviate too much from the original design, rather offer a solid unique alternative.

I am thrilled to bring to your attention two designs that are now in your hands! Please take your time to review both themes presented by these terrific designers and vote for your favorite.

What to pay attention to.

Please pay attention to the overall design/theme instead of content of the page. Banners and certain page elements, as well as their size/location might and can be changed at a later time. At this point in time we are looking for the direction that we will most certainly stick to, as the chosen theme will be inherited throughout the site and integrated into all apps, tools and services released in the future - in order to deliver a seamless browsing experience. In other words, no matter whether you are browsing a forum, conducting business in the marketplace, reading a blog or working with any other application, you will certainly see the same top navigation menu and controls, with the rest of the page designed to match the theme.

New designs are available at:

http://www.talkfreelance.com/vote/

Chris is Chris Rowe, as known as cpr.
Dan is Daniel Hellier, as known as Dan.

Take your time in picking your favorite design. This poll will run for a while without a particular expiration date for now, which will be set at a later time.

We thank you for taking the time to vote! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Campaigning talk (ex: "Vote for X - he is a good guy!" or "I voted for X") and negative/disruptive comments are NOT ALLOWED. They will be deleted and infractions might be issued.

04-21-2011, 06:34 AM
KewL is offline KewL
Expertise: Design, Music, Xhtml, Css
Software: Photoshop, Coda, FL Studio

KewL is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

They're both really nice.

<Mod note: edited.>

04-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Fez is offline Fez
Expertise: HTML, CSS, Wordpress, jQuery
Software: e-texteditor

Fez is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Fez

Old

Well I don't know if I'll get an infraction for this or not but just some comments regarding the design that cpr did. Some elements seem to be right out of a website (I cannot remember the link therefore my statement is kinda pointless).

04-21-2011, 10:32 AM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

t0m is on a distinguished road

Old

Kudos to both of them though, it nice to see some good progress.

I do have a question - have of these been paid for? If so, couldn't you pick a default skin but also get the other one coded up for people who might want to use it? Just an idea - the skins seem to be pretty similar in structure so it might not be a huge amount of work.

04-21-2011, 10:36 AM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Fez View Post
Well I don't know if I'll get an infraction for this or not but just some comments regarding the design that cpr did. Some elements seem to be right out of a website (I cannot remember the link therefore my statement is kinda pointless).

Yea very pointless. Please do try and recall where you've seen these so called 'elements' as I'd love to see them.

04-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Closing date?

04-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Fez is offline Fez
Expertise: HTML, CSS, Wordpress, jQuery
Software: e-texteditor

Fez is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Fez

Old

Originally Posted by cpr View Post
Yea very pointless. Please do try and recall where you've seen these so called 'elements' as I'd love to see them.
http://www.danielhellier.com - That outside border.

04-21-2011, 12:06 PM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

Old

SO many different designers use that style of border, if thats a rip off I'll be damned.

Oh and Dan did the other design from which Chris's is a derivative.. even if you did have a point, he probably wouldn't mind either.

04-21-2011, 12:08 PM
t0m is offline t0m
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Closing date?
Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
Take your time in picking your favorite design. This poll will run for a while without a particular expiration date for now, which will be set at a later time.
There you go

04-21-2011, 12:47 PM
imchewee is offline imchewee
Software:

imchewee is on a distinguished road

Old

Baah, *facepalm*.

It took me a while to decided which direction I wanted TFL to go in. It was tough as they are both very good designs, kudos to both of you. But I do agree in the possibility of coding both and letting users decide. However it may be a waste of resources, if you've paid for it why not offer it as a free download? People always love things that are free (have to be a member first).

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 >