Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1424 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Programming or Coding :

Paypal Add to Cart Ajax / JS Submit

Thread title: Paypal Add to Cart Ajax / JS Submit
Closed Thread    
05-24-2008, 12:30 PM
astereo is offline astereo
Expertise: design,development, & WP
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, WP

astereo is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to astereo Send a message via Skype™ to astereo

Old  Paypal Add to Cart Ajax / JS Submit

Hello all. I'm looking for someone who may be able to help me out in a critical area of my Market wordpress theme. I've searched high and low for a way to do this, and all I've been able to find is that I would need to use a 3rd party cart to accomplish this. I find that very hard to believe. Basically, the situation is this...

In my market theme I currently have both a buy now and add to cart form, which are both dynamically populated for the item on that page (with the use of Wordpress custom fields). The buy now button is a standard paypal form, which once you click buy now will take you directly to paypal. That works perfectly, and I have no problems with it.

On the other hand you have the add to cart button. Because it is very very annoying to have Paypal popup every time you add an item to the cart, I am using Fatfreecart to add the item and display it in a lightbox. The problem here is that I can not customize the Fatfreecart form as much as I can the paypal buy now form. Certain elements are not recognized, and because some paypal buy now form hacks require javascript, the add to cart javascript button and normal paypal buy now hacks don't play well together.

What I'd ideally want to do is use a standard Paypal Add to Cart button / form and submit the contents using AJAX to the paypal server and simply return a message in a div "Item added to cart". The only time they should see the cart is when they click view cart and are then taken directly to paypal.

I've tried using paypal in a popup window as well, but that does not work very nicely either. The window popups and stretches (usually off the screen) regardless of what size you set the popup window to be. Plus, the css does not style well so half of your paypal cart would be missing in a popup window form.

So basically, all I'm looking for is a way to post the submission to paypal using ajax. I've tried form submissions but I have not been able to get anything to work. I find it very hard to believe that the only way to do this is with a 3rd party cart.

If anyone thinks they could get this done for me, it will be a paying job.

Please drop me a line at hi@astereostudio.com if you are interested (and only if you know you can do this!)

Thanks in advance.
AJ

05-27-2008, 06:27 PM
darksystem is offline darksystem
Expertise: Programming
Software:

darksystem is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to darksystem Send a message via AIM to darksystem Send a message via MSN to darksystem Send a message via Yahoo to darksystem Send a message via Skype™ to darksystem

Old

I can do your requirement but pm me in a month coz I'm still full of loads. till July 1, 2008.

If you could wait then your problem will be solved.

I already added you to my msn: maspiras@hotmail.com

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Mark

05-31-2008, 11:38 AM
astereo is offline astereo
Expertise: design,development, & WP
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, WP

astereo is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to astereo Send a message via Skype™ to astereo

Old  Paypal Ajax / JS

Just saw your reply. I'll be in touch with you on the first of July then.

Talk soon,
AJ

06-04-2008, 05:26 AM
darksystem is offline darksystem
Expertise: Programming
Software:

darksystem is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to darksystem Send a message via AIM to darksystem Send a message via MSN to darksystem Send a message via Yahoo to darksystem Send a message via Skype™ to darksystem

Old

pm and email sent.

06-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

You could integrate ejunkie by default, or use thickbox. It shouldn't be terribly difficult, might not even require any real JS knowledge, just so editing/interesting usage.

Closed Thread