Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1364 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Ideas to bring TF back up to Par

Thread title: Ideas to bring TF back up to Par
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
11-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Austin is offline Austin
Software:

Austin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to Austin

Old  Ideas to bring TF back up to Par

I say we come up with some ideas to get TF as popular as it once was.

Big contest... for initial boost in members and traffic.

Smaller monthly contests to keep some interaction in the community and have TF give back to it's respected members.

Has this design been submitted to all the CSS galleries? If not do so!

Tutorials/Article section... these can get Dugg and Stumbled and increase traffic plus bring in some SE traffic in the long term while providing true value to the community.

For the above... video tutorials and bulk upload them to **** loads of video sites that could bring a bunch of traffic.

Either start a coop between the Freelance Switch blog or start a TF blog and start pumping out the original content. Could be filled with suggested tutorials, video tutorials, and freelance articles.

Any other ideas?

Addon: How come there is no call to action if a guest is browsing the forums. No CSS pop-up recommending the join not even a small paragraph at the top stating the reasons why they should join. This should be worked on ASAP!

11-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Elegant Banners is offline Elegant Banners
Expertise: UI Design
Software: Photoshop, Firefox, Notepad++

Elegant Banners is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Elegant Banners Send a message via Skype™ to Elegant Banners

Old

Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Either start a coop between the Freelance Switch blog or start a TF blog and start pumping out the original content. Could be filled with suggested tutorials, video tutorials, and freelance articles.
One with input from members here at TFL - so we can make the blog post articles etc may be?

11-14-2007, 05:46 PM
arifagic is offline arifagic
Software:

arifagic is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi,

This is a webmaster forum, so why not offer webmaster related stuff, just like you said Austin, web tutorials.

- I belive that this "There are 97 users currently browsing (tf). " can be increesed with 2-5x times just with some work and offcourse.

- A forum relative new TalkMania, the owner only writes tutorials for photoshop ++, he uses a autosubmitter to submit those tutorials into tutorial index sites.

- And the best part he offers some designs (.psd) to be downloaded for members. And some VIP once for VIP members and alot of join bouth of those because they recive VIP stuff they can use freely without questions.

11-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

I think the articles section needs a bit of a boost, I'm guilty of talking the talk and not walking the walk in regards to the improvement of the community (every member contributing positively helps right?).

I'll grab some time and write a few articles in hope to get them approved on the forums / dugg a few times. Would also be good to get them articles on my blog too with a link to here.

Good thread

11-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Wildhoney is offline Wildhoney
Expertise:
Software:

Wildhoney is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Wildhoney Send a message via MSN to Wildhoney Send a message via Yahoo to Wildhoney

Old

If you give me some decent articles, I'll get them onto the front page of Digg, no worries. You just need some decent articles ! And I can't see it happening unless you give out rewards for people taking their time out of their day to write an article. I'm going to say it now that it's never going to happen.

11-15-2007, 03:34 AM
Austin is offline Austin
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Wildhoney View Post
If you give me some decent articles, I'll get them onto the front page of Digg, no worries. You just need some decent articles ! And I can't see it happening unless you give out rewards for people taking their time out of their day to write an article. I'm going to say it now that it's never going to happen.
The articles could count as an entry into one of the monthly contests. Problem solved...

11-15-2007, 03:36 AM
damien is offline damien
Software:

damien is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to damien

Old

I know, a new skin.

*prepares for flame*

11-15-2007, 03:39 AM
Austin is offline Austin
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by damien View Post
I know, a new skin.

*prepares for flame*
LOLOL!!! A new skin could help bring in some traffic from CSS galleries I think but unless there is a change in the activity of the community and some give back from the TF owner/s then a new skin alone couldn't have been expected to revive a community.

11-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Wildhoney is offline Wildhoney
Expertise:
Software:

Wildhoney is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Wildhoney Send a message via MSN to Wildhoney Send a message via Yahoo to Wildhoney

Old

Originally Posted by Austin View Post
The articles could count as an entry into one of the monthly contests. Problem solved...
Lol. You can stick that up your arse I'd write some extensive and informative articles like I do on TalkPHP.com if I was getting something in return. If not then psssh, no chance am I taking time out my own day to do it.

11-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Austin is offline Austin
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Wildhoney View Post
Lol. You can stick that up your arse I'd write some extensive and informative articles like I do on TalkPHP.com if I was getting something in return. If not then psssh, no chance am I taking time out my own day to do it.
Some people like giving back, though I know exactly where you are coming from, I usually don't like doing something unless I'm getting a return. We're what people call business geeks!

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >