Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1371 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products :

What's My Site Worth?

Thread title: What's My Site Worth?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
08-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by Saulie View Post
To be honest it doesnt look like theres been any work put in, it's like anyone could easily make that because theres nothing unique about it. I don't think any will buy it because there really is nothing to buy..

Exactly. Rough estimate; you might beable to trick someone into $25-50.

08-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Baby Boy is offline Baby Boy
Software:

Baby Boy is on a distinguished road

Old

I appreciate your comments Saulie, but its apparent your basing your "estimate" off of looks. Nobody really cares about looks, they care about what the quality of the content is like. Now, my content isn't the best but I am building my reader base slowly, everyone cares about the popularity and traffic to your site, not how it primarily looks.

Today alone, we've shot up to 52 unique visitors today and I am hoping to maintain that number and grow it even more. Not to mention, our SEO rankings are slowly moving up. Our primary keyword we were targeting "teach youth money" currently ranks number 4 in Google. It doesn't have any rank in Yahoo and MSN, but like all SEO, it takes time and hardwork. I am looking to be ranked in there within' the next couple of weeks.

But thank you for your comments....

08-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Baby Boy View Post
Nobody really cares about looks, they care about what the quality of the content is like.

I beg to differ. If your going for sale value; yes traffic, seo, content etc does make up a portion of a design. But wonderfully custom designed websites also make up another large portion of that price.

08-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Software:

Old

So you mean to tell me if you were to go buy a car, you'd take a great looking car with a so-so engine over a car with a alright look and a great running engine? That's the point I am making, quality, content and SEO will make up about 80% of the site.

For instance, Google has a plain site (a simple logo and search box) but they have good content, quality is a high factor for them, etc.

But I do agree, decisions are based off looks sometimes and it SHOULD BE as you want to present a professional image.

For that matter, I have decided to start a custom design for my blog, I should have it done in about a week from now. Thank you all for your input. Anymore advice is appreciated.

08-24-2007, 03:09 AM
Xplicit is offline Xplicit
Software:

Xplicit is on a distinguished road

Old

Iv'e seeb that blog design at practically every blog I've gone to.

May I ask where everyone is getting this from? I have no interest in it just wondering.

08-24-2007, 03:13 AM
Drew is offline Drew
Software:

Drew is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Drew

Old

Free theme, yes, because like I told one person, it wouldn't make sense in developing a theme and then the blog fails. Once it starts growing, I'll build a custom theme.
Sometimes a little investment early on will pay off in the long run. For instance a custom theme to actually attract visitors and get them coming back. When I visit it now I am tempted to leave right away because I have seen that theme over and over.

Originally Posted by Baby Boy
For instance, Google has a plain site (a simple logo and search box) but they have good content, quality is a high factor for them, etc.
You are ignoring the fact that google has a very established brand and reputation. It is very hard to establish anything as far as recognition goes with a free blog design, although it can be done.

In my opinion your site is worth about $15 right now, if that.

08-24-2007, 03:17 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

So you mean to tell me if you were to go buy a car, you'd take a great looking car with a so-so engine over a car with a alright look and a great running engine?
No, but my life doesn't depend on the quality of a site, with a car it does. You see a 500 lb woman standing next to (super model here) ... who would you choose? We can make useless analogies all day.

Horrid content (if you can call misspellings and typos content), a free theme and a terrible name. Since we are doing poor analogies, the site is a 4 nippled giantess with both gendered parts.... sure, someone out there is into it, but not most people.

Ditch it and start over, it's worthless.

EDIT

Is that you in your avatar?

08-24-2007, 03:32 AM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Blue Ire
No, but my life doesn't depend on the quality of a site, with a car it does. You see a 500 lb woman standing next to (super model here) ... who would you choose? We can make useless analogies all day.
Let's get one thing clear, your website is like a car... people will consider the content (engine) be good before the looks (frame.) So the analogy is self explanatory in either manner. Its not a matter of whether your website is a life dependency.

And I wouldn't choose neither, I'm happily engaged here.

Horrid content (if you can call misspellings and typos content), a free theme and a terrible name. Since we are doing poor analogies, the site is a 4 nippled giantess with both gendered parts.... sure, someone out there is into it, but not most people.
Horrid content... that must be your opinion because with the growing number of readers I'm getting, they'd probably think otherwise. And typo's and misspellings, where do you see typo's and mis-spellings, explain that cause I rarely do it. Thats probably just your excuse of trying to have a reason for demeaning the site.

Free theme, yes, but then again... it was a "starter" theme... just so you know. It wasn't a theme that was going to be permanent.

Terrible name... okay, once again, your opinion. If you think the name sucks, okay but it'll do for now. In the meantime, that's like judging a book by its title. Just because the title may sound dumb doesn't mean what's inside it is going to be.
[/quote]

Ditch it start over, it's worthless.
I like your enthusiasm on trying to convince me the site is a bad idea, but I simply asked for a ESTIMATED PRICE, not your opinion.

Originally Posted by Drew
You are ignoring the fact that google has a very established brand and reputation. It is very hard to establish anything as far as recognition goes with a free blog design, although it can be done.
Exactly my point, people care about quality BEFORE looks.

Iv'e seeb that blog design at practically every blog I've gone to.

May I ask where everyone is getting this from? I have no interest in it just wondering.
Google for NDesign Studios, they have it there and are the designers.

EDIT: Yes, its me in the avatar....

08-24-2007, 05:46 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

So you mean to tell me if you were to go buy a car, you'd take a great looking car with a so-so engine over a car with a alright look and a great running engine?

Since you picked a very odd way of comparing; I'll explain on the car subject. (Even though its a bad comparision. Engine should be the 'script' and the content as your stating should be the 'crap shoved inside.')

Of course not; but I have mechanic knowledge. People in general do not. So what do you think they expect? They look at the shiny paint job, the sparkling logo attached to the back of the car and how nice the inside is. Then they will hear about the engine. As long as the engine works and the consumer is told something positive about it; they like it.

Let's face it; if a car salesmen opened the hood for the average consumer, all they would see is a shiny..(or worn) engine. Consumers are more interested in appearance, potentionally how long you can run it for, and what they are told about it.

Selling a website involves getting interested partys. If you want to do weird comparisons; put a fat chick ugly girl and a pretty skinny girl at a party. Who do you think will get the most phone numbers?(Buyers)

Another one of your arguments is 'quality' comes first. How do you not think how your website looks and is presented reflects it's value and it's quality? You could be the greatest greatest man in the world; if you don't shower for a week; then the 'quality' part doesn't matter.

08-24-2007, 06:34 AM
Software:

Old

Let's face it; if a car salesmen opened the hood for the average consumer, all they would see is a shiny..(or worn) engine. Consumers are more interested in appearance, potentionally how long you can run it for, and what they are told about it.
That is for your average consumer, NOT you average potential success story. If someone wants to learn by reading my blog and wants to take it serious, they'll think "quality over looks." Ever head of the saying "Content is King?"

Selling a website involves getting interested partys. If you want to do weird comparisons; put a fat chick ugly girl and a pretty skinny girl at a party. Who do you think will get the most phone numbers?(Buyers)
If the fat girl stays smelling nice and her attitude and everything is good and she treats her man fairly, she has better quality and a higher chance. Tell me what guy wants a girl that is gonna act like an ******* over stupid stuff, even if she is skinny with a model look. Sooner or later, the guy is going to leave that girl (or in this case, the readers will leave my site if I don't give them good quality.)

Of course not; but I have mechanic knowledge. People in general do not. So what do you think they expect? They look at the shiny paint job, the sparkling logo attached to the back of the car and how nice the inside is. Then they will hear about the engine. As long as the engine works and the consumer is told something positive about it; they like it.
These aren't consumer's, these are LAZY people Sorry 2 say...

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >