Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1439 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Contest's Forum     Start A Contest :

Starting a contest? - Read before posting!

Thread title: Starting a contest? - Read before posting!
Closed Thread    
11-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old  Starting a contest? - Read before posting!

TalkFreelance Contests

Weather you are looking for a full blown site design or perhaps a simple logo TalkFreelance Contests are a great way to get work done by highly skilled individuals. However, before having our members compete it out for the prize set by you there are a couple of things you need to do first and a few rules you should take note of.

Requirements & Guidelines

To start a contest at TalkFreelance you need to create a thread in the Start A Contest forum containing your contest details. You can view an example contest brief at the end of this post. Once you have created your thread the contest details will then be reviewed and must be approved before your contest is official. Once it has been approved it will be moved to the main Contests forum.

You should also send a PM (private message) to myself containing your primary contact details.

Finally, you should take a minute to read through the rules below to make sure your contest is valid.

Minimum Prizes:

Depending on your contest a minimum prize amount has been set. This is to ensure the quality of your contest. The prize amounts set are:

Banner Design - $30 minimum
Logo, Other Graphics - $50 minimum
Website Design; un-coded, Forum Design; un-coded - $100 minimum
Website Design; coded, Forum Skin; coded - $250 minimum

Any contest whose prize does not at least match these will be rejected.

Deadlines:

When starting a contest you must set a deadline. This deadline should be honoured fully and contests can not be ended early.

Extensions - If as the contest holder you feel no entry meets the requirements of the contest, or entries have been minimal, you may request an extension on the deadline. To do so send a PM to myself and the staff will decide weather to permit the extension based upon the circumstances.

Cancellations - In extreme cases you can request to cancel your contest. This again will be up to the members of staff to decide and will not be allowed if we feel your contest has been successful.

General Rules:

A winner must be chosen in all contests held at TalkFreelance.

You can not hold the same contest simultaneously on other forums at the same time as your TalkFreelance Contest.

You should always try to give as much feedback as possible on all entries. If a contest holder is inactive for the duration of the contest (ie gives no feedback what so ever) and has no reason for this the contest will be abandoned and you may be disallowed from running future contests at TalkFreelance.

Example Contest Brief

Name of the contest: Vbulletin skin for freelance community!
Deadline: 12/12/2006
Prize & Delivery method: $1,000 paid through paypal

Contest brief: I require a new skin for my freelance community located at http://www.talkfreelance.com. The software we are running is Vb 3.03 so the design should be compatible with this. We will be selling advertising space on the forums so a placeholder for this is integral to the design. The size of the banners advertised are 468x60, the rotator should be positioned on the right hand side of the forum header. You can use our existing logo which can be found here http://www.talkfreelance.com/logo.zip.

Colours: I love the theme of greens and blues, i would like a fresh and bright feeling to the community. The hex codes for two colours i like are #B7E163 and #8DC7FF, a mixture of these colours and variant shades of them would be awesome!

Inspirations: I love the work of www.vbulletinskinz.com, my personal favourite skin being www.freewebhostingtalk.com.

Other information: I only require the .psd files and fonts for this contest and not a fully coded skin, i will be coding the skin myself.

Contact information: You can contact me on aim at bigdavestar or by e-mail at webmaster@talkfreelance.com, i will do my best to reply to e-mails within 24 hours.
If you have any further questions regarding how to start a contest please feel free to PM me.

Closed Thread