Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 996 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Is your business your job?

Thread title: Is your business your job?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
01-11-2005, 07:53 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old  Is your business your job?

How many of you run a home based freelance or other business? Does anyone here live off the internet so to speak? Or is this just a hobby?

I'm at University and don't have a job. For me, the internet is my source of income and i do depend on it to finance my social life, clothes, food etc.

What about you?

01-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

At the moment I live off the internet, both my parents are really ill (long term) so I can't really take it upon myself to go OUT and work.

01-11-2005, 11:14 PM
mderbyshire is offline mderbyshire
Software:

mderbyshire is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to mderbyshire

Old

I make my living completely off the internet (through web hosting). Occasionally I do little jobs on the side, most of which are computer related - building/upgrading/repairing computers, web design/development, etc (mainly for family/friends and such)

Apart from that, everything I earn is from my web hosting business - so the internet is both my place of work, and my home

Moobrack: I'm really sorry to hear about your parents

01-12-2005, 12:25 AM
Picard102 is offline Picard102
Software:

Picard102 is on a distinguished road

Old

I do odd jobs here and there. Last "real" job I had was Director of Electronic Text Tracking Initiative at the local High School for about 5 months. I suspect as I get older though I will need to find a more secure income.

01-12-2005, 12:37 AM
Michael is offline Michael
Software:

Michael is on a distinguished road

Old

My business will be my job, once I get it up and running. But then again, I am only 14 so there is no point in having a job really yet, probally better to focus on school and such but wtv you know.

01-12-2005, 12:48 AM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

Thanks Michael

It's not so hard but incase anything might happen I'd rather be at home. Business could be going better but that's just the way it is

01-12-2005, 01:19 AM
ULTiMATE is offline ULTiMATE
Expertise:
Software:

ULTiMATE is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to ULTiMATE Send a message via AIM to ULTiMATE Send a message via MSN to ULTiMATE

Old

I'm still yet to find time to break into the Freelance game. I've got all the talent there when it comes to Design and especially coding, but considering I'm already working full-tiime hours at college, and working my part-time job in a sports store, I don't have that much time for it, especially considering the fact that I need good grades this year, otherwise I'll have problems getting on the course I want next year.

Originally Posted by Moobrack
Thanks Michael

It's not so hard but incase anything might happen I'd rather be at home. Business could be going better but that's just the way it is
I dunno about that, unless you're talking about owning your own design/development studio. If you're good at marketing yourself, I'm sure you can do amazingly well working at home.

01-12-2005, 08:20 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

i'm planning to. @ the moment, i don't have ajob, just college, but i'm in the middle of getting involved with a tutoring program teaching web development to students for money.

other than that, i'm just waiting a couple weeks until i have a working portfolio under my belt. i hope by next semster it'll start making me some money.

01-12-2005, 08:52 AM
nykoelle is offline nykoelle
Expertise:
Software:

nykoelle is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to nykoelle

Old

nah, I just do this because I enjoy it. I consider the concert venue I work at to be my job. I hope, when i graduate, to do DB2 at IBM.

01-14-2005, 01:53 AM
Chris Gwynne is offline Chris Gwynne
Expertise:
Software:

Chris Gwynne is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Chris Gwynne Send a message via MSN to Chris Gwynne Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Gwynne

Old

I did get by on freelancing for quite some time whilst I was in college. But I then finished and needed more cash to support myself. Ended up getting a proper job.

These days, freelancing is just more of a hobby for me, extra cash here and there.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >