Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 709 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Qualifications?

Thread title: Qualifications?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
01-05-2005, 03:13 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

/me laughs

I hope i don't go bald!

01-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Adam is offline Adam
Software:

Adam is on a distinguished road

Old

5 x c gcse (ict, food, geography, double science)
2x c grade @ avce ict, general computing course crap thing

to me though qualifications dont mean anything, im an ict tech, im 18, i have extensive knowledge of web work and computers, im setting up a business and knowone has asked me my qualifications.

01-06-2005, 01:09 PM
passion8 is offline passion8
Expertise:
Software:

passion8 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to passion8 Send a message via AIM to passion8 Send a message via Yahoo to passion8

Old

I started going to school a year earlier, so I have finished High school when I was 18 (instead 19). I tryed to attend College of Psychology, but unfortunately although I was the best at excham, I failed because not so well marks at highschool and that is very important in Serbia :mad:

After that I was thinking of some graphic design college, but I assumed that it's just waste of time and that it's not worth of money and time.. Because design is all I want to do in my life, I started my self-education and working, because practice is much more important than theory (history and other stuff that is learning at colleges in Serbia)..

So I'm on my 2 years pause now, and I will attend some "higher-school", I don't know word in English - that is something between High School and College.. Maybe that doesn't exist in UK or USA.. And it will be something economy related, nevermind, just to get some paper.. Duration is 3 years long, and I can finish it in my freetime.. to have paper, just in case

Regards,
-Alex

01-07-2005, 10:33 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Moobrack
Sounds like a pretty intense course Theory.
i hope so. i'm only a first year (i start 2nd semester on monday). they cove a wide variaty of programs and areas, so i'm a bit skeptical at how versed we'll be when we come out of it. off the top of my head, we get i think a semester of 3dsm and that's it. i haven't worked with 3D, but that's all the more reason for me to think 1 semester won't be enough to really nail what i'd want to use it for (modelling).

also, the first semester was a giant nap, but it's inteded as the weeding stage to make sure everyone moves on on the same level of basic knowledge, so i shouldn't have expected them to teach me photorealistic illustration with the mesh tool 3 weeks into the program. but if they don't this semester, i'll be pissed.

but i took it because coding is my stronger point, and i have two programming family members, so i figure, i'm as set as i'll be in terms of scripting/coding /web programming, so i'll try to even myself out.

01-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Haret is offline Haret
Expertise:
Software:

Haret is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Haret

Old

Doing my A-levels at the moment. The only subject relevent to computers is AVCE ICT which I'm doing with Edexcel too :P

Got an exam re-take next Thursday then I've got my A2 exam not next week but the week after.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2