Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1136 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

payment process

Thread title: payment process
Closed Thread    
08-28-2004, 08:41 PM
derek|L is offline derek|L
Expertise:
Software:

derek|L is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to derek|L Send a message via MSN to derek|L

Old  payment process

I was reading another thread somewhere asking what to do when a lient wants a recipt, and I started to think. Then i started to think I was missing a part of the process. It's always been i work, you pay, and I never dove into it more than that.

I just don't really know how to run it. Just because I'm not operating with an LLC doesn't mean I shouldn't have a process to follow. I'm sure if I was operating under a registered business, there'd be a set way to handle payments and taxes and all that mumbo jumbo..

I don't really know how ot word it at the moment, but anyone who can shed some light on it, I'd appreciate it.

08-28-2004, 11:05 PM
Evo is offline Evo
Software:

Evo is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Evo

Old

1) find a good free client management php script thing
2) learn how to use it
3) tell me

I basically go through the same process as you, thye pay deposit, i work, they like it, i send, they pay rest.

08-29-2004, 02:31 AM
derek|L is offline derek|L
Expertise:
Software:

derek|L is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to derek|L Send a message via MSN to derek|L

Old

I talked the issue over with another friend who's a freelancer, and he explained to me the contract and everything, and all the leagal stuff is taken care in the contracts, and until i'm making more than $7k /year there's no tax paper work to do.

I'll have to figure out the taxt road if I ever start making a steady flow.

11-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Dubai is offline Dubai
Expertise:
Software:

Dubai is on a distinguished road

Old

Well if you have paypal, there is a php script that saves all the payment that went thrpugh ur paypal. but i dont realy remember where i saw that but i will try to get it for u

11-28-2004, 09:09 PM
sliceandcode is offline sliceandcode
Expertise:
Software:

sliceandcode is on a distinguished road

Old

I got this template off of a SP thread and it was pretty useful for me

Our Client Process

1. Client shows interest in working with us. We schedule a meeting and mail him a “Confirmation of 1st Meeting Letter” thanking him, confirming meeting, and asking a few basic questions.

2. Before meeting, client emails us back responses.

3. At first meeting, we let client tell us what he is looking for and we ask a few general questions: “First Meeting Questions”. We schedule a second meeting to go into more detail.

4. When done with first meeting, we send “Confirmation of 2nd Meeting Letter” thanking him and confirming second meeting. We also write a “Preliminary Creative Brief” and “Preliminary Timeline”. To write those two documents, we involve all those who will be involved in the project. We send “Project Briefing for Contractor” to any outside contractors, if necessary. Any questions that need to be addressed before developing a quote are written down to be addressed in Second Meeting. We also write Sitemap and User Profile based on Client's answers to the questions.

5. At second meeting, we review the Creative Brief, Sitemap, Timeline, and User Profile and go over the questions. We give a large estimate, inform him of the different expenses he will most likely have, and schedule a third meeting where we will sign the contract.

6. When done with second meeting, send “Confirmation of 3rd Meeting” confirming the third meeting with a Creative Brief, Timeline, a total price for the project, and the amount due at third meeting.

7. At third meeting, we review the creative brief and timeline, then sign the Contract. 50% payment for the contract is tendered along with 100% payment for hosting and domain (hosting can be paid monthly or yearly).

8. We follow the Timeline, signing off milestones, meetings and deliverables. At the midpoint of the project, 40% payment of the contract is due.

9. If, during the project, the client requests a significant change to the scope of the project, we use the “Work Change Order” to detail the change and specify the additional fee added to the final invoice.

10. On completion of the project, we sign Project Completion Signoff and receive the final 10% payment and deliver the full project on a CD. We send a thank you for working with us letter.

• Note – the 50/40/10 payment schedule is for new clients. Past clients get 50/50

Closed Thread