Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1065 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Google taking over the world?

Thread title: Google taking over the world?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
12-04-2004, 10:42 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Actually....i call talkfreelance tf lol. Tutorial forums are changing to neverside? What is that all about? I was thinking of advertising over there.

12-05-2004, 03:18 AM
sliceandcode is offline sliceandcode
Expertise:
Software:

sliceandcode is on a distinguished road

Old

Yeah, they are. Check out www.neverside.com

edit: Rob, when TFL started, everybody got confused with TalkFreelance and TutorialForums so someone said to call it TFL and that's what I've been doing since.

12-05-2004, 03:22 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Looks interesting, i have no idea why they would want to change to "neverside" the domain they have now is awesome and must have large amounts of traffic etc.

Why change? Why not just revamp the website.....

12-05-2004, 05:26 AM
sliceandcode is offline sliceandcode
Expertise:
Software:

sliceandcode is on a distinguished road

Old

TutorialForums will redirect to NeverSide...

But here's a quote from Locke

All in all, NS is a total revamp and redesign of the community.

When TF was started in 2001, it's concept worked because of the starting staff here. You had Robouk, Spoono, Metabolite, Liquisoft, Meng(Shadowness), and a bunch more. The concept was a place for beginners.

However, as time goes on, people's skills and knowledge evolve and expand.. this is natural and we understand that. On the other hand though.. when some people get more skilled and knowledgable, they feel they need to flaunt their ego. So the 'experienced' ones left, and TF was renamed as a noob home.. which is annoying enough.

You see it all the time at communities like yaXay, Somethingleet, etc... the members whenever TF is brought up, is merely just insulted and looked down upon as a community with any potential, and that is something I sought out a year ago to change.

Basically, what I did was, I took a dead end project like TC, and formed it into the vision of what people left TF for. People wanted places to submit their artwork, get critiques, submit their scripts, get critiques.. and it occured to me.. we have some of the greatest development minds of all the communities.

While the other communities may have 'awesome designers' by trend***** standards.. TutorialForums is blessed with talented developers. Which is why, NS will be the first CSS/XHTML compliant community out there focusing on it's type of genre. It'll be faster, easier to use, and overall, more feature rich. The engine, which hasn't been named yet, is unlike any other engine. Everything about NS will be faster, and more enjoyable to the members of this community.

When Dave(AbsoluteCross), made me an administrator a year ago, I began ****yzing everything about the community. The staff suggestions from 2 years ago, member complaints, and so on. Neverside is a tribute to the members who stuck with us.. very few of you, and a tribute to our new family of members who will be here to see the beginning of a real community that will break the 'cloud' of BS the other communities have made about us.

NS will also for the first time cater specific areas to advanced learning.. everyone can read.. but it'll be an invite-only system for those to 'post' and have discussions, but everyone can read it, and learn as well.

NS will evolve around the member's vision.. that is our goal and v1-BETA will accomplish the first step of this. It'll be awesome...

12-05-2004, 05:29 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

They have high hopes. Lets hope it pays off. No matter what they produce i will still like at tutorialforums.com as being the crappier version of yaxay lol.

Infact....i have bigger hopes for talkfreelance.com, kind of what neverside has in store but more market related.

12-06-2004, 01:42 AM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Originally Posted by Nightspy
edit: Rob, when TFL started, everybody got confused with TalkFreelance and TutorialForums so someone said to call it TFL and that's what I've been doing since.
That was me. linky

12-06-2004, 01:48 AM
Dr Pepper is offline Dr Pepper
Software:

Dr Pepper is on a distinguished road

Old

TutorialForums is really big, but they should upgrade to VB 3.0.0 and change their VB skin. IMHO, the current one just looks too plain.

12-06-2004, 01:52 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Well...if you read up above, they are changing their entire website to "neverside" which will be running by the sounds of it a custom script or the latest install of vb with quite a few hacks/scripts.

12-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Martyn is offline Martyn
Expertise:
Software:

Martyn is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Dr Pepper
TutorialForums is really big, but they should upgrade to VB 3.0.0 and change their VB skin. IMHO, the current one just looks too plain.

Users can change the skin automatically at the top.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2