Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2347 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Have you ever bought banner impressions?

Thread title: Have you ever bought banner impressions?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
12-02-2004, 07:19 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old  Have you ever bought banner impressions?

Hey everyone, i am looking to advertise talkfreelance.com next week. I already have several sites lined up for large campaigns, i was wondering if anyone has ever advertised their website through banner impressions?

Has anyone had any GOOD click through rates doing so?

I once advertised banners2go on w3reports.com and recieved no customers at all...the worrying thing was i had 150,000 impressions! Lucky they were free

12-03-2004, 07:46 AM
nykoelle is offline nykoelle
Expertise:
Software:

nykoelle is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to nykoelle

Old

I advertised on http://www.digital-web.com

Its hard to say how many hits I got, my site was still really new when I did. I'd say about 50 clicks, a few noble people stuck around. My webstats were messed up then though, I could have had many, many more. I only paid like 20 dollars for it though, I know it costs more now.

12-04-2004, 08:40 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Does anyone know any high traffic forums/websites that offer reasonably priced advertising? Im talking pr5/6 websites with 1,000+ uniques per day. The type of websites i am looking for are webdesign/webhosting related.

12-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

buying impressions is pretty risky, if you find the kind of site your talking about you should try to arrange a CPC that way you know your getting your money's worth

12-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Dr Pepper is offline Dr Pepper
Software:

Dr Pepper is on a distinguished road

Old

I bought 1,000 banner impressions once but none of the visitors actually stayed around and visited the other links on my website because impressions can be used up fast and you never know if someone actually clicks your banner.

12-05-2004, 09:47 PM
Guaranteed Visitors is offline Guaranteed Visitors
Expertise:
Software:

Guaranteed Visitors is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Guaranteed Visitors Send a message via MSN to Guaranteed Visitors Send a message via Yahoo to Guaranteed Visitors

Old  Impressions, Impressions, Impressions!

Man,

There is so much to talk about impressions, but i guess the main thing is 1st Impressions are everything.

When it comes to banners, it must be seen a LOT before a person clicks. Think about this:

How much time do you spend online? (a lot I bet)

How often do you see a banner on a page when you surf? (90% of the pages I bet)

Now for the biggie: How often do YOU click a banner? (not often I bet)

How many times did you have to see that banner before you clicked it?

Frequency (how often it is seen by an individual) as well as a great banner determine how often it gets clicked.

A cool design alone doesnt mean its a good banner -it has to encourage someone to CLICK IT. SO you better have a good offer! PLUS you have to stand out from the crowd.

By the way, any place you buy banners from should be able to give you a report of how many impressions you got, as well as how many CLICKS it got. If they can't -do not bother!

Also, check your own web stats to see how many were referred from that particular site.

Nothing wrong with cpm -but with banners you need a LOT -there is no guarantee it is even seen. (how often have you just ignored the banners on a page)

So if you want good results you should be purchasing in the 100s of thousands. Anything less is pretty much a waste -and thats on a TARGETED site (ie. you sell webmaster tools and its a webmaster site)

If its not on a site specific to your product or services audience then you better get millions. Expect an average of 1-2% clicks -anything more than that and you have a gold mind.

So here is the math - if you buy 100,000 impressions and your cost is $2 cpm. You will have paid only $200 - but expect only about 1000 -2000 people to click it. Now remember that is just a click!

When they get to your site, they might not stay, and they might not buy if they do.

Make sure your site does a good job of converting visitors into buyers, signups or whatever.

Here is how to improve.

Create a landing page, NEVER just send them to your home page. If you do you might as well just send them to someone elses site. You have their interest, but people dont want to spend time figuring out how to find your offer.

Make a page just for your product, say a webmaster tool, designed to sell it, focus on ONE thing. Have your banner redirect to there. This will dramatically improve your results.

When you buy guaranteed traffic do the samething for the landing page, dont send them to your website's home page, but instead a special offer page.

Imagine a shopping mall with 100 stores, and all 100 stores had thier info on one billboard on the road outside. Driving 50 mph, how many people would pay it any attention?

Same thing on the net -they are NOT looking for you, but you want thier attention. So, you must focus on one thing to push or else you are wasting your time. You have about 2 seconds before someone clicks the "[x]" so make sure you have ONE specific offer and its a GOOD offer.

Get their attention first, sell them later.

I hope this helps.

12-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Great advise Maurice I am very glad you decided to join this community!

That is exactly what talkfreelance.com is doing, we have 2 banners created both targeting different markets (designers and customers). They both advertise "free" things that we offer and are being advertised on high traffic specalised websites.

On one site we have purchased 250,000 impressions on a fixed position at the top of the website. On the other site we have a banner in a fixed position on the index page and have 200,000 impressions.

We are also in the process of getting a banner on designoutpost.com for a month as well as a sticky thread on dnforum.com which recieves a large amount of visitors.

12-06-2004, 12:56 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Send a message via AIM to Guaranteed Visitors Send a message via MSN to Guaranteed Visitors Send a message via Yahoo to Guaranteed Visitors

Old

Sounds like you are on the right track, advertise as much as you can afford in as many places as you can afford and NEVER stop.

Looks like we will be building a great community here. Lets every try to refer at least ONE other person to the forums so we can get things hopping!

12-06-2004, 01:16 AM
Dr Pepper is offline Dr Pepper
Software:

Dr Pepper is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Guaranteed Visitors

Now for the biggie: How often do YOU click a banner? (not often I bet)

Never thought of it this way, you've got a good point there Guaranteed Visitors. I just checked your website, and have seen others that are similar to it. Can you tell me where you receive the traffic from that you're delivering?

12-06-2004, 01:37 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Dr Pepper
Never thought of it this way, you've got a good point there Guaranteed Visitors. I just checked your website, and have seen others that are similar to it. Can you tell me where you receive the traffic from that you're delivering?
Thanks for the compliment.

As you mentioned you have seen many sites similar. Bottom line we are one of the oldest when it comes to internet marketing. Do the other sites have a real address listed? (not PO box) - Do the other sites have toll free#s? Do they have ANY phone number and do they answer or return voice mails? Are they listed with the Better Business Bureau?

We are what is known as an aggregator. That means we collect traffic from many different publishers and networks. we have LOTS of resellers. Usually its our traffic they resell. This is why we can literally match ANY legitimate traffic providers price -no matter who it is.

Just so you know we own

Anyvisitors.com
TargetedVisitors.Net
TargetedVisitors.Biz
TrafficAccount.com

we also own several sites that are currently undeveloped, like: TargetedVisitors.org

Please let me know how we can assist you with your traffic needs

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >