Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1459 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Taxes??

Thread title: Taxes??
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
01-14-2007, 06:47 PM
tax_guy is offline tax_guy
Software:

tax_guy is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by webfoot
Hello out there. This is my first post! I have a question about taxes. I'm just starting to freelance fulltime and most of my clients so far are paying under the table. What about clients who don't - those who expect me to fill out a W2 or give my social. Is it worth it to do the work? Won't I be taxed heavily come tax time? How does this work? I'm just wondering what other people do about this. Any advice would be great.
first of all you do not fill out W2, it get sent to you by the January 31 of the following year.

Second if you are not doing under the table, then your clients will send you 1099 at the end of the year and you will include the amount in 1099 in your tax return simple is that.. You will be taxed heavily this is true.. if you will look at the TaxForum.us there tons of posts on the topic you are interested in

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2