Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1070 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Programming     PHP and MySQL :

Best CMS?

Thread title: Best CMS?
Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
10-20-2005, 12:12 PM
teknoledge is offline teknoledge
Software:

teknoledge is on a distinguished road

Old

phpWCMS is really good and simple. Not to many fancy features, but just what you need.

10-26-2005, 08:57 AM
cgcmh1 is offline cgcmh1
Expertise:
Software:

cgcmh1 is on a distinguished road

Old

I use Mambo for many of my sites. Clients really like being able to modify content one the front for the site without html/ftp knowledge.

Mambo seems to have more module and component addons than the other CMS'. I like being able to install them with a few clicks.

Mambo isn't perfect for everyone. SEO issues and the recent split into Joomla would give me pause if I were considering learning the system from the begining.

10-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Sam Granger is offline Sam Granger
Expertise:
Software:

Sam Granger is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Granger

Old

Its hard to pick the "best cms". There are a lot of CMS's out there. It really depends what you need - some CMS's are blogs, others are mambo. Some CMS's can do what you need them to do, and others can't. Lot of CMS's are designed for different uses for example Blogs only. Typo3 is very powerfull and has a lot of options. Only downside is that it takes a long time to learn but you can customize it a lot to fit your needs! Mambo is probably one of the most used CMS's for main websites and its not too bad. I've used it before and I like it.

Some CMS's don't require any HTML knowledge etc... and this could be best for people with no knowledge of HTML at all. But then, it might be limited.

In the end, a custom CMS coded to your needs is always the best, but isn't 100% necessary since there probably is 1 or more CMS's out there that can do what you need it to do.

Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4