Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1336 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Have you ever been scammed?

Thread title: Have you ever been scammed?
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
12-02-2004, 07:27 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old  Have you ever been scammed?

How many people have fallen victim to a scammer? I remember a while back a member of yaxay agreed to purchase alot of templates from me (about 8 unique designs) for $1,000. He sent me the cash as an e-check, lucky for me i waited until it cleared...which it didn't.

The client was actually using a stolen credit card and i refunded the cash immediatly. I was just thankful i never sent him the templates and had the sense to wait until the money was secure in my account, it goes back to that saying "if its too good to be true, it usually is".

12-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Avizion is offline Avizion
Expertise:
Software:

Avizion is on a distinguished road

Old

Yes i have been scammed before, 2 times the first was from a guy over at yaxay and wanted a phpbb skin, so after the guy gets his skin i ask him to pay and he did a runner!

The 2nd time was when i wanted a flash banner made for nexuslabs i posted details about it over at sitepoint and i hired a guy called TheHazelOp to do it, and the fool ripped a banner made by banners2go, i reported him as you already know

From now on i tell all my clients i want at least 20% payment upfront before i even start.

12-03-2004, 12:11 PM
Tjobbe is offline Tjobbe
Software:

Tjobbe is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm in the process of being scammed, have just done a $80 job, got half up front and haven't heard from him in threee days, time to get paypal involved methinks. I know he's read my pm's so I think he's trying to get away with it.

12-03-2004, 12:18 PM
Shawon is offline Shawon
Expertise:
Software:

Shawon is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Shawon Send a message via MSN to Shawon

Old

yeah i've been scammed once. i did coding for this Genario guy, and he said he wants the coding first so his staff could work with it or he wouldnt pay me. so i sent it and he said i'll recieve the $25 by sunday, but then sunday he said hes waiting for the client to come on, and its been almost 2 weeks and i havent recieved it.

12-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Sorry to hear about that guys! I will do my very best to ensure no scamming takes place on this community. We will be putting several measures in place

Contests will be approved by admins first, money will also be requested before a contest has initiated to ensure the designers get paid if the holder does a bunk

The freelance quote system will allow for admins to approve every freelancers work before it is submitted, this is to ensure that they are professional and not some 13 year old kid trying to make a quick buck!

Our dedicated team of admins/mods will also keep a close eye on any unusual activity and will not hesitate to ban any members who break the rules

12-03-2004, 07:14 PM
x3knet is offline x3knet
Expertise:
Software:

x3knet is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to x3knet Send a message via MSN to x3knet Send a message via Yahoo to x3knet

Old

I've luckily never been scammed.... yet... Whenever I make graphics for people, I ask for 70% up front. Believe it or not, most people actually pay the 70%. It's only been a few times that people ran off and didn't pay the rest... but it really didn't matter to me because I got 20% over the half way point :-D Still making a nice, but small profit.

12-04-2004, 03:11 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I have asked for 100% upfront payment before....i think because i have been around forums for like a couple of years now people tend to trust me more. I have dealt with nearly everyone at yaxay.....have like 500 transactions in paypal under my belt

Unfortunatly there is a small minority who are out to rip/scam people

01-14-2005, 01:57 AM
Chris Gwynne is offline Chris Gwynne
Expertise:
Software:

Chris Gwynne is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Chris Gwynne Send a message via MSN to Chris Gwynne Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Gwynne

Old

Been scammed once or twice. By an ex partner of mine. The details of such scam are still up in the air, as I don't really know what's going on with him. So at the moment, we'll call said person a scammer. Although I won't reveal his name.

01-14-2005, 02:02 AM
Picard102 is offline Picard102
Software:

Picard102 is on a distinguished road

Old

Never really been scamed

01-14-2005, 02:27 AM
Michael is offline Michael
Software:

Michael is on a distinguished road

Old

same here, Picard102