Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1903 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Google stock is amazing

Thread title: Google stock is amazing
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
11-07-2005, 10:41 PM
eravedesigns is offline eravedesigns
Software:

eravedesigns is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to eravedesigns

Old  Google stock is amazing

Has anyone else noticed how google stock has gone up $200 in the past 2 weeks. People have told me that it may go to $500 (Its what I heard so do your research if you want to invest and don't blame me if you lose) but so far its been going up aroun 5-10 a day. I am in a personal finance class so i made the bad decision of short selling google (its just a game).

11-07-2005, 11:44 PM
xZaft is offline xZaft
Expertise:
Software:

xZaft is on a distinguished road

Old

Uh oh, in September, I am warning you, it used to be $300. I wasn't aware of it dropping so much.

11-08-2005, 12:10 AM
MaxS is offline MaxS
Expertise:
Software:

MaxS is on a distinguished road

Old

I know plenty of people who bought Google for around $110 a share. Most of them sold at around $250-$300. I don't play the stock market though, I'm too afraid. At $300 a share, I would never gamble like that.

11-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Software:

Old

Ya with stocks like that it is high risk. But i get to play a game . I think last time i checked it was at 400 a share

11-08-2005, 12:34 AM
art ico is offline art ico
Expertise:
Software:

art ico is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to art ico

Old

$400 a share atm.

11-08-2005, 02:56 AM
Lord Kalthorn is offline Lord Kalthorn
Expertise:
Software:

Lord Kalthorn is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Old

Stock is for scum. Bureaucratic Pig-Dog American Scum. Stock to a company is like a whore selling herself. Sure, you make large amounts of money quickly. But then you have leaches; thousands, millions, billions, if you're Microsoft, tens of billions, fat capitalist pig-dog leaches, sitting there in an office in a suit with no specific talent other than for playing you everyday, making money off your gains, moaning at you for your loses. If a company cannot make itself big by itself, it does not deserve to be a company. If selling stock is the only way a company can make money, then it is not worth a single thing.

But if we are showing off share prices; Microsoft's shares number in the tens of Billions. I continue to become amazed at the lengths Google will go to look impressive. Any other company would split it shares at $80, $100. Google keeps its shares in big numbers. If it was a person, I would think it was trying to make up for something. As it is a company, it is obviously just trying to make the stupid think its shares are impressive.

11-08-2005, 03:00 AM
MaxS is offline MaxS
Expertise:
Software:

MaxS is on a distinguished road

Old

^
That, in my opinion, is an extremely ridiculous way to think about the stock market. I fail to see how people who "play" the stock market are scum.

11-08-2005, 03:06 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

If it is ridiculous, by all means, pick it apart.

Are you disagreeing with the idea that a company selling stock is like person selling a part of themselves? Is a piece of stock not a piece of paper noting that that person now has decision making power in the company? If only a little?

Are you disgreeing with the idea that people with stock who don't work for the company are leaches, especially stockbrokers? That they have no particular talent other than for leaching off the talent and gains of others? When a company is not being talented enough, or making enough gains, d they not, like leaches, fall off, taking what they have already made off the host company, and some skin (or money) and find another host company to leach from?

Are you disagreeing that a company worth its money should be able to grow itself without the use of stock? Are you saying stock is the only way a company can become large?

11-08-2005, 04:27 AM
Software:

Old

Basicly yes I would say that companies should grow by themselves but not when they grow like 20 times faster will investors backing them up. I mean the stockmarket is what make the US so succesful. You souldn't call us scums just because we where smart enought to use our money in a way that everyone benifits.

11-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by animalcrackerb0x
Basicly yes I would say that companies should grow by themselves but not when they grow like 20 times faster will investors backing them up. I mean the stockmarket is what make the US so succesful. You souldn't call us scums just because we where smart enought to use our money in a way that everyone benifits.
Lol; nah the Bureaucratic Pig-Dog American Scum phrase is not an anti-american remark, it is purely to point out certain American ideals are the basis for the pig-doggery.

Investors and shareholders are two different things. An Investor invests very much like a loan surely. A shareholder merely throws money at the company, and sucks off its growth until the end of time, if the company grows until the end of time, or takes his money away when it looks like he'll lose some money. An investor wants to help the company; a shareholder is purely there to make money. I simply do not see how everybody benefits when worthless people with no talent make money from the talent and innovation of others.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >