Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1379 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     Web Design Resources :

good cms?

Thread title: good cms?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
06-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Offtopic is offline Offtopic
Expertise:
Software:

Offtopic is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Offtopic Send a message via MSN to Offtopic

Old

SHHH do not tell him that. lol.

Regards,
Offtopic

06-22-2005, 08:36 PM
bgolat is offline bgolat
Software:

bgolat is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to bgolat Send a message via AIM to bgolat Send a message via Yahoo to bgolat

Old

so mambo is only suggestion people have??

06-22-2005, 08:37 PM
ismith is offline ismith
Software:

ismith is on a distinguished road

Old

Okay I understand. Robson, sorry but he stated the situation and so it seems like otherwise it's discouraging my help. And I did recommend Mambo as a free one.

@dereklapp: I'd easily believe it, but I doubt for one he wants to pay $100/hour for a custom CMS, when ours are perfectly fine for $50. If I were making them I'd charge more, but it's a different guy on the team that does it and he thinks $50 is a good price, and will hopefully draw lots of customers. We will never do it free because these are custom, not something everyone has. Now anyone else who agrees with you, I'll remember to charge you $80/an hour for one, if it makes you happy

So I'll say it again, as far as free CMSs, go Mambo.

06-23-2005, 02:05 AM
Travis is offline Travis
Software:

Travis is on a distinguished road

Old

The best CMS is a custom one that completely suits your needs. I do not know of any CMS that work fine for every website because of the variances in front end design.

To me I would never trust some one coding a CUSTOM cms for $50. I have only been looking at that "Clan Management System" for about 2 minutes and have already found bugs.

It is understandable if they created one solution for all clans and sold each for a set price because after creating one solution they would be making constant money from every one that purchases it. However they would have to completely customise it so that any one can install it like how VB works.

If you are going to get a free CMS look for one that is aimed at the type of site you want at least. It will probably need modifying any way.

06-23-2005, 02:54 AM
ismith is offline ismith
Software:

ismith is on a distinguished road

Old

The example I gave is not a paid project, nor custom. There are bugs, and it is done in the programmer's free time. And $50 was an est. price for what he said, it will go up as you add details. Not much, but some. It all depends on what you want, if you want to pay $500 and have the ease of mind that things will not go wrong, so be it we'll do that. Sorry again for posting about a service 'other than the topic at hand'.

It would be fine, bgolat, to use Mambo and hire a programmer to mod it for some specifics. But yes, Mambo is my only suggestion for free...

06-23-2005, 04:41 AM
Travis is offline Travis
Software:

Travis is on a distinguished road

Old

No problem ismith, I am just trying to help you understand what yours (well your programmers) work is worth. I mean $50 is probably not even 5 hours of work at minimum wages and a CMS takes alot more time to develop then that.

sorry, back on topic

06-23-2005, 04:45 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

It would be in Canadian funds.

06-30-2005, 05:57 AM
Redneck is offline Redneck
Software:

Redneck is on a distinguished road

Old

hey, i suggest checking out www.haxposed.com hes making a cms, not 100% done, but he'll update it for you and stuff, just register and ask the guy named Matt(owner and creator) he should say yea

also anyone know where i can find a CMS tuorial(like how to make one)

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2