Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1438 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Abusing RSS feeds, why we should abandon them!

Thread title: Abusing RSS feeds, why we should abandon them!
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
05-31-2005, 10:27 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Stephen has issues, he had a link in his sig on this forum that crashed peoples computers and I recieved several complaints regarding this (someone lost their coursework).

I didn't see the thread but it doesn't surprise me. Wait....it does surprise me! You mean the director of webmassive LLC is going on forums and trying to ruin my name? LOL, he needs to grow up

05-31-2005, 10:28 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

'Hes moaning about people making news storys even though they are true, whats the matter with him. Hes just jealous because he never did it first.'

lol Stephen has a little growing up to do i feel. . . i think people are taking this out of context. What you did was a good bit of advertising though it was a little misleading, which is never going to come off well. Though it's down to w3c inability to moderate such 'reports' that is to blame imo

05-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Yeah, i'm not bothered about people making stuff up....we all do it, right?

I'm annoyed at w3reports for offering a crap service, infact I feel sorry for the forums who have their feed installed, because all their users are getting is a bunch of spam adverts. They used to be informative and interesting

05-31-2005, 10:30 PM
xdoomx is offline xdoomx
Expertise:
Software:

xdoomx is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to xdoomx Send a message via MSN to xdoomx

Old

I was quite surprised to see how easy it is to get your PR published on W3CR, didn't even expect to see my rubbish article published but it did and within a few hours only, they sure need to moderate the published stories a bit more, I agree on that point.

05-31-2005, 10:35 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

someone should submit an article about how bad the reports are getting, see if it gets published

05-31-2005, 10:41 PM
xdoomx is offline xdoomx
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Bazza`
someone should submit an article about how bad the reports are getting, see if it gets published
haha might give this a try tonight if I get some time, see what happens

05-31-2005, 10:43 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I'll personally send you $10 xdoomx if you get an article regarding the poor quality of w3reports press releases published

05-31-2005, 10:47 PM
xdoomx is offline xdoomx
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I just need to think of a good headline that doesn't mention W3C Reports in it so that they aren't too suspicious about the article.

Something along the lines of "TalkFreelance Community Members disappointed with low quality articles."

If anyone wants to help me out, add me to AIM (doomhxc) or MSN (dom__benoit@hotmail.com)

05-31-2005, 10:58 PM
xdoomx is offline xdoomx
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Sorry for double posting but if anyone has something to say and would like it quoted in the article, post it here with your real name and I'll add it

05-31-2005, 11:16 PM
xdoomx is offline xdoomx
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Robson's $10 offer motivated me to write the article right now, here's how it looks so far:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

CONTACT: Dominic Benoit, SleekSkins, 819-372-0653, contact@sleekskins.com, http://www.sleekskins.com

TalkFreelance community members disappointed with low quality articles

Trois-Rivieres, QC, Canada, May 31st 2005 — Members of the freelance web design community TalkFreelance have expressed their disappointment with the recently published articles on W3CR. They have noticed an important decrease in the quality of the articles recently published on the popular web news resource, W3CR.

“I'm sick to my stomach at one particular website right now, http://www.w3reports.com used to offer press releases that actually meant something, were informative and offered something to communities. It seems as though people are just jumping on the bandwagon now promoting their own sites for free and w3reports are letting it happen” announced today the owner of the TalkFreelance community.

Let’s mention that the articles published on W3CR’s website are posted on numerous communities throughout the World Wide Web via RSS feeds. What once used to be a great resource for high quality web news has now turned into a real press-release spam dump by publishing numerous rubbish articles. “It’s quite sad to see this happen considering how good the news used to be on their website, I myself publish them using RSS feeds on my own forum” said Dominic Benoit, owner of WebDesignersHome.com.

TalkFreelance gathers hundreds of web design freelancers who are active in their way in the internet industry. The recent decrease of quality was received as an insult by many individuals who proudly support the W3C by publishing their articles using RSS feeds on their forums, it is now time to return the favor by giving the community what they deserve, high quality news and articles.

# # #
If it doesn't get published, hopefully it will at least make them realize it's time for some harder moderation on articles to be published.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >