Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1400 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Recent Moderation Actions - Your Opinion

Thread title: Recent Moderation Actions - Your Opinion
View Poll Results: Your Opinion
To Strict 13 24.07%
Not Strict 24 44.44%
Inbetween 14 25.93%
Other 3 5.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6
07-07-2006, 08:49 PM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

EDIT: Nevermind, I take back this post.

07-08-2006, 01:57 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by feros
Robson ... I think this forum needs much more active staff =/ The only mods/admins I've ever seen online are you, seen.to, and Julian. I haven't seen seen.to in a very long time and Julian only seems to visit the bottom couple of forums which have a lot less problems than the upper ones (which he has the right to visit whichever forum he wants ... I'm just saying). Maybe you should consider getting 1-2 more mods just for the crowded forums and sig problems.
I visit every single forum when they are reported feros. Do you have any idea how long it takes to clean up the members messes, the misplaced threads, the username changes, bannings, warnings, thread deletions? And then try to get in here to post in the forums that I enjoy having discussions in?

All that with trying to be a family person with my lovely partner and three girls, work a full time job, train for endurance cycling events, run my own projects and freelance business, work on a business management course etc...

I act on every single post that is reported, I act on every member here with signature violations, every member that breaks the rules or is just an outright idiot. I don't frequent the offers or contest forums because I am not interested in that aspect of freelancing, I visit them when threads are reported though. So what's the problem?

Anyway, I think that Robs tougher stance is a good one, and very necessary looking at some of the whining comments in here. One thing I have also noticed is no-one now has signature violations, so this must have worked.

07-08-2006, 02:21 AM
feros is offline feros
Software:

feros is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Julian
I visit every single forum when they are reported feros. Do you have any idea how long it takes to clean up the members messes, the misplaced threads, the username changes, bannings, warnings, thread deletions? And then try to get in here to post in the forums that I enjoy having discussions in?

All that with trying to be a family person with my lovely partner and three girls, work a full time job, train for endurance cycling events, run my own projects and freelance business, work on a business management course etc...

I act on every single post that is reported, I act on every member here with signature violations, every member that breaks the rules or is just an outright idiot. I don't frequent the offers or contest forums because I am not interested in that aspect of freelancing, I visit them when threads are reported though. So what's the problem?

Anyway, I think that Robs tougher stance is a good one, and very necessary looking at some of the whining comments in here. One thing I have also noticed is no-one now has signature violations, so this must have worked.
If you re-read my post it wasn't a shot at you. I don't know exactly how much moderation work each person here does. I was merely commenting on which forums you obviously find most interesting, and stating that those forums don't have the most problems. Please don't get all wound up. I thought you were more mature than that.

I was just saying that obviously this forum is hard to moderate as is being shown with the increase in flaming and rule-breaking. Why not get another couple of mods to help instead of banning people for insignificant infractions?

07-08-2006, 02:46 PM
jd. is offline jd.
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

jd. is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jd.

Old

heres a simple solution, when vBulletin 3.6.0 final comes out upgrade to it and use the built in warn system it contains.

07-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

the issue is this great skin, it would cost hundereds to port

07-11-2006, 07:20 AM
Bryan Le is offline Bryan Le
Expertise:
Software:

Bryan Le is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Bryan Le Send a message via MSN to Bryan Le

Old

I totally agree with the actions which were taken. I understand that I was in violation, though I had no idea they were being enforced, nor did I actually know the entire ruling of it (I figured if there were some limitations, then it would just be limited via vB - for example, X amount of characters, X amount of lines, etc.).

Anyhow - I am not disgruntled or anything at all. I just wish I would've received a warning via PM - since I do not check the news and announcements forum - or any other forum often (I only frequent the marketplace, general discussion, and the gallery). If I had been warned via PM I would've removed it immediately and adjusted to the rules.

Anyways, it's great to finally be back.

07-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

I'd say the forums could use one more active moderator. I have no basis for saying who is the most active mod, and who actually does the most behind the scenes work, so I won't bother, but I do think the forum, and the current moderators, could benefit from an additional moderator. No disrespect is to be taken from this, it's just my opinion.

My only problem is the people who keep posting "Hey, Hot Stuff!" in the marketplace. It's just annoying.

Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6