Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1055 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Recent Moderation Actions - Your Opinion

Thread title: Recent Moderation Actions - Your Opinion
View Poll Results: Your Opinion
To Strict 13 24.07%
Not Strict 24 44.44%
Inbetween 14 25.93%
Other 3 5.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
07-06-2006, 05:49 AM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

We are users. We are not the ones running this website. IE: If they make a rule and feel like enforcing it, then it's perfectly just. This isn't the only freelancing website on the web--so I figure, if you don't like it, leaving is more effective than whining.

07-06-2006, 08:09 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

It doesn't really have anything to do with anyone but me. I have enforced these signature rules and i'm the one banning people. Of course the rules are fair, when you join TF you agree to the rules, they've been there since day 1, the amount of times i've warned people, asked them via PM or MSN to change their sig, only for it to then break the rules a week or two later.

Sometimes you have to be firm to be fair. A few bannings for 3 days will be better in the long term.

07-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

Rules are rules, break them and there's a consequence to pay - it's not only the way things go on forums but it's also a way of life.

Get used to it

07-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

Personally I think we could be a ALOT stricter here at TalkFreelance - I think TalkFreelance has always been a relaxed enviroment but now a certain group of members have started to take advantage of that and it's time to put a stop to it.

The sig bannings was an absolute perfect idea, it's simple really if they hadn't of broken the rules they wouldn't have gotten banned.

07-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Andy is offline Andy
Expertise:
Software:

Andy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Andy

Old

The rules are fine but I think the 3 day ban for breaking the signature rules is a bit unfair. Not everyone reads the news forum so some people are banned and don't know why.

A mass PM/email about how TF is tightening up would help a lot.

07-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

Maybe if people read the rules before they signed up or after they signed up they wouldn't have to check the News forum

07-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Sam is offline Sam
Expertise:
Software:

Sam is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Sam Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Old

In my opinion Talkfreelance isn't strict enough, flaming and whining is something you see very often on this board and i feel sorry for that, because this community has alot of potential but it's not as professional as i would like it to be.

07-06-2006, 02:30 PM
controllerboy is offline controllerboy
Expertise:
Software:

controllerboy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to controllerboy

Old

'Other' as in 'I don't care'. They are indeed makign the forum rules ,much stricter, but just watch out and you won't be banned. Off course, some people get banned, but when they return, 75% of them will have learnt they should follow the rules.

07-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Spawny is offline Spawny
Expertise:
Software:

Spawny is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Spawny Send a message via MSN to Spawny

Old

I don’t think it’s strict enough, I agree with Bazza’ about how TalkFreelance used to be a relaxed environment but now, new members have come in and I think it has gone downhill.

There is a lot more arguing and flaming on the forums now, I don’t mind debating, but just throwing abuse at people is started to happen more and more. I don’t want to mention names, but I think everyone must have noticed it.

Also, people typing one word posts like “lol”, what a waste of space? I think its stupid; maybe there should be a minimum word count for posts or something? People will probably disagree with it but I just think it would be a good idea, would get conversation flowing better and just make the forum look as mature as it was when I joined back in the good old days of August 2005.

Also, I think when you sign up, there should be a page with the rules, I don’t know if it is possible but I think it would help, and people will probably read them if it is right in front of them when they sign up.

Just my opinions of TalkFreelance, one of the main reasons why I enjoyed this community was because of its relaxed and mature environment, but now it has seemed to get more and more childish, with people talking like they are on gaming forums,"All publicly displayed messages are limited to english." Since when has “lol” and “yeh m8, thanx 4 dat” been in the English dictionary? I know I have used “lol” many times, but I am trying to stop myself from doing it.

Just my thoughts

07-06-2006, 05:30 PM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

lol, yea m8 etc are English though...

I can't see anything wrong with 'lol', no matter what forum i've been on it's always being used, can't see anything wrong with 'text talk' providing it's not used excessively.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >