Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 521 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Welcoming onboard Old Faces and New

Thread title: Welcoming onboard Old Faces and New
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
10-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Bazza` is offline Bazza`
Expertise:
Software:

Bazza` is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Techno
The same??
I was messing around with you because you have made similiar comments in the past and we did talk about it in a thread before thats all - dont worry about it

Anyway, nows not the time really. I think that we can all be glad that Julian's back atleast. Although I don't yet know exactly what he's come back to do (from what he said when he left I'm not sure how involved he will want to be this time).

I'll admit though that Garrett did seem to pop up from nowhere with this one mind but aslong as Big Zee's sure .

10-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

* Is half surprized.

10-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

There will be several more mod appointments in the next few weeks - anyone who thinks they have been overlooked when they deserve it, then that is not the case. Garrett directly contacted me about becoming a mod at the same time I was looking to bring on new mods and Julian who has been spending the last few weeks compiling a list of people he believes will make good new mods advised that Garrett was one of them, so I just thought I would get the ball rolling.

Obviously all mod positions are never a given and a person should be judged on their actions, which will be the case. Julian is going to mentor the mods and I am sure you agree that he will do a good job - the main reason he left is because he was getting stressed at being the man "waving the big stick" all the time and then getting flack for it, therefore he will generally keep away from this and instead help all new mods we will bring on with their duties, keep them inline, and at the same time provide input into the development of the site as a whole.

I hope that helps clarify the situation.

10-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

I kept my opinions about Bennett becoming a mod quiet, because they were mostly personal, and as it turned out, he has done a great job as a mod. Two thumbs up Bennett.

While I respect Julian, and he has done an excellent job on these boards, I think Garrett is a terrible choice. He is 15 years old and regardless of how mature and adult he may act he is only 15, he publicly airs his problems with other members when they would be better kept to PM or email, and he has a distinct lack of professionalism.

I'm done. Please note that this is not an attack on Garrett in any way, but rather a post in hopes that the decesion will be revisited.

10-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Elegant Banners is offline Elegant Banners
Expertise: UI Design
Software: Photoshop, Firefox, Notepad++

Elegant Banners is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Elegant Banners Send a message via Skype™ to Elegant Banners

Old

Interesting post Blue Ire, but don't think that just because he is 15 years old means that he cannot be as good a mod as any of the others - I'm 15 years old as well, and I think that the post of moderator is given to those who are most mature and have the most common sense...regardless of age.

10-05-2006, 06:23 PM
localhost is offline localhost
Expertise: programming, business
Software: Dreamweaver

localhost is on a distinguished road

Old

I second Nightmare.

Congratulations to Julian and Garrett.

Maybe next time i might be on the list.

10-05-2006, 06:35 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm not saying Garrett is a bad choice, but there are about 10 people i'd put before him...

Techno, Jeff Anderson, Bryan Le, Northpark, cprv, dereklapp to name a few.

Besides the point, i'm surprised you have hired a moderator based on what Julian has said...he wasn't even a member of staff then!

10-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Spawny is offline Spawny
Expertise:
Software:

Spawny is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Spawny Send a message via MSN to Spawny

Old

Originally Posted by Blue Ire
I kept my opinions about Bennett becoming a mod quiet, because they were mostly personal, and as it turned out, he has done a great job as a mod. Two thumbs up Bennett.

While I respect Julian, and he has done an excellent job on these boards, I think Garrett is a terrible choice. He is 15 years old and regardless of how mature and adult he may act he is only 15, he publicly airs his problems with other members when they would be better kept to PM or email, and he has a distinct lack of professionalism.

I'm done. Please note that this is not an attack on Garrett in any way, but rather a post in hopes that the decesion will be revisited.
Again .... another person thinking a 15 year old isn't mature, not all 15 year olds are immature. I'm not saying i'm the most mature person around, but give Garrett a chance.

Also ... it's another older member thinking that younger members are below them.

Sorry, but i had to get that off my chest. Back to the announcment, congratulations Garrett, i hope you do a great job and prove people wrong, and welcome back Julian.

10-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
I'm not saying Garrett is a bad choice, but there are about 10 people i'd put before him...

Techno, Jeff Anderson, Bryan Le, Northpark, cprv, dereklapp to name a few.

Besides the point, i'm surprised you have hired a moderator based on what Julian has said...he wasn't even a member of staff then!
Quite true, Julian was not a member of staff at the time, the mod duties did not allow him to concentrate at looking at the positive points of staff, but made him constantly chase round cleaning up. In the time off he has much more time to look for these people who he thinks will make good mods. I shall go no further, but let Julian speak for himself, but I do give him my backing.

Your list of potential candidates is good and I am sure some or more will be brought on as mods in the next few weeks as well.

10-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Dream is offline Dream
Expertise:
Software:

Dream is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Dream

Old

Why cant people overlook the fact that Garrett may only be 15, but you don't see him posting pointless comments about anyone else's age.

Big Zee has made a good choice, hopefully Garrett will prove him correct.

Lewis

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >