Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1303 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

New Moderators Pending !!

Thread title: New Moderators Pending !!
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 >
02-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old  New Moderators Pending !!

The current staff members have been discussing bringing in some new moderators to bring some fresh life to the forums, and help with our current workload. A lot of the current staff have various other commitments at the moment and it has become apparent that it would be a good move for TF to promote one of more of its current outstanding members.

We have noticed that over the past few weeks ( as Robson has previously posted ) that there has been a lot of childish behaviour and this needs to be stamped out with a zero tolerance policy as it is just pushing away the good users. The new mod/mod's will be assigned to help with this task as well as contribute good posts, and improve the overall feel of TF.

There are at the moment a number of very close contendors and we will most likely be appointing people on a one by one basis to see how things go. I am sure the people we are considering know who they are, so just to point out that over the next few days we will be closely monitoring their contributions ( hint hint ) as at the moment it is to close to call.

We anticipate making an annoucement at the beginning of next week - so watch this space!

PS: Thanks to the various people that have had influence in bring this to the forfront of our thoughts - you again will know who you are!

02-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

I mean no disrespect at all mate, I'm just airing a view:

I've run a few forums in the past, nothing to this scale ofcourse but forums all the less and they were pretty active considering the member count and age before I sold them on (TalkFreelance.com for example, although activity died down a week before I sold to Robson).

People on forums don't really care about authority. If they have the cheek to call someone a name they have the cheek to call a member of staff a name. They're not really bothered by a ban or by any form of punishment because in their minds its not the only forum on the web.

I respect the decision to add new staff members and moderators, just giving a warning as to some of the ongoing problems that still may take place.

Looking forward to congratulating the new staff members

02-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by velizio
People on forums don't really care about authority. If they have the cheek to call someone a name they have the cheek to call a member of staff a name. They're not really bothered by a ban or by any form of punishment because in their minds its not the only forum on the web.
Quite true, but the point is that their posts are not welcome, and a ban will mean they can't post - It's great for TF is they move to another forum to continue their childish arguments - The point is we need to show that it is not wanted, they are not wanted and will not be tolerated.

New mod/mod's will help catch these posts before they get out of hand and piss people off, as one bad post can esculate in a matter of minutes.

Some temporary bans for minor offences will hopefully make them see the error of their ways - if not it will get made permenant.

02-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Good point.

Do you currently have any measures in place to stop proxy sites being used to register to talkfreelance?

02-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Marky is offline Marky
Expertise:
Software:

Marky is on a distinguished road

Old

I think it's a good idea
Like you said I feel some fresh faces to the staff team could change TFL a lot.

02-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Software:

Old

Good point.

Do you currently have any measures in place to stop proxy sites being used to register to talkfreelance?
I am not sure if this is possible with VB to be honest?, but on other forums I have managed these serial registers get picked up almost immediately, and banned again. They get board after a couple of times and go elsewhere. You are always going to get idiots and spammers, its just a case of picking them up fast and applying action.

A very low tolerance policy should hopefully be enough to stop a lot of people who actually want to be part of the community but occasionaly have the sudden urge to post something senseless to maybe stop and think of the consequences!

02-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I don't have a clue myself I just wondered if you might that's all.

Carry on

02-28-2006, 06:31 PM
cpvr is offline cpvr
Software:

cpvr is on a distinguished road

Old

I don't have a clue myself I just wondered if you might that's all.

Carry on
Ya, but I believe a php programmer can add something to the VB scripts to blcok certain proxy scripts from being able to access.

02-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Techno is offline Techno
Expertise:
Software:

Techno is on a distinguished road

Old

Best of luck to those who are choosen .

02-28-2006, 06:54 PM
sm0ke is offline sm0ke
Expertise:
Software:

sm0ke is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to sm0ke Send a message via MSN to sm0ke

Old

Originally Posted by Techno
Best of luck to those who are choosen .
Best of luck from me aswell.

It would be an honor being Mod on Talkfreelance.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 >