Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1220 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Talk Freelance Moving Forward

Thread title: Talk Freelance Moving Forward
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 >
01-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old  Talk Freelance Moving Forward

Hi,

I would just like to make a formal announcement to all members of TF, to keep everyone in the Loop about some recent developments that you may not know about. I have been in discussion with Robson for a couple of months about taking overall ownership of the TF website - From Robson's point of view, he thought that TF needed some sound financial backing to take TF forward to the next level and compete on an even footing with the really big forums/sites like devshed & sitepoint. From my point of view I wanted to get a well established forum so I could do just that.

So what you are seeing hear is a result of these negotiations that have taken place over the past month or so. Everything has actually been transferred very smoothly over to a new dedicated server this morning and homefully most of you would never have noticed anything had happened at all.

Obviously when anything like new ownership happens, there is generally disconsert amoung members and staff, as to the potential changes that could effect them and the site.

So, Firstly I would like to make it clear that nothing has changed significatly from a managment point of view, other than the fact that I now actually own the site. All admin and mod positions are not changing, so effectively you should not really notice any difference in your daily use of the website.

Secondly, this move is a move that is going to allow TF develop into a hopefully much better site, as in the coming months I will be looking to impliment new features and ideas into the site and hopefully make the user experience much better.

Obviously these things take time to plan out and you should not really expect to see any big changes for atleast a few months. Also as these changes are designed to improve things for you I will be asking you for ideas on how we can improve the website as a whole.

I have also posted another thread so that people can add in there ideas so we can compile a list for things to do to move TF forward in 2006. See it here: http://www.talkfreelance.com/thread11131.html

Thanks going out to:
I would like to thank all the mods & admins ( and in particular of course Robson ), for the outstanding job they have done in making TF such a great forum and looking after its members so well, and I look forward to working with them in future to make TF bigger and better.

I would also like to thank all the members of TF, who have contributed in helping make such a great community!

Anyway - this is a big hello to all and hear is to TF in 2006!!

PS: Please put any thoughts and feedback in the thread not PM, as it is obviously a lot easier to answer any questions to all at once rather than individually.

Thanks

01-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Zane is offline Zane
Expertise:
Software:

Zane is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Zane

Old

So Robsons no longer owner of talkfreelance ?

Anyway good luck Zee, out of interest how much it sell for

01-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old

Well im back ... maybe.

how about upgrading vb as your first official new owner job

01-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Zane is offline Zane
Expertise:
Software:

Old

lol h2f you cant use this as an excuse, according to your own terms of leaving peter avey is still banned and we all know you were still visiting this place anyway :P

some things as suggestions, upgrade vb as h2f said to 3.5.2, and buy vb seo.

01-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Techno is offline Techno
Expertise:
Software:

Techno is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by How2Freelance
Well im back
Well i'm gone

Just kidding, I hope Robson got the big payday he deserves for all his great work on TF. I look forward to seeing TalkFreelance progress .

01-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Gethin is offline Gethin
Expertise:
Software:

Gethin is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gethin

Old

Originally Posted by FATAL
lol h2f you cant use this as an excuse, according to your own terms of leaving peter avey is still banned and we all know you were still visiting this place anyway :P
I didn't leave because Peter was banned, I left because the way Robson handled that situation and because I felt he had been abusing his admin powers lately... anyway lets not make this thread into an argument.

01-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Zane is offline Zane
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by How2Freelance
I didn't leave because Peter was banned, I left because the way Robson handled that situation and because I felt he had been abusing his admin powers lately... anyway lets not make this thread into an argument.
okay wasnt trying to start anything, just found the situation interesting thats all.

01-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by FATAL
So Robsons no longer owner of talkfreelance ?

Anyway good luck Zee, out of interest how much it sell for
I price I was happy to pay and Robson was to recieve.

PS:Keep it on topic please guys - this is an important thread.

01-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Paul is offline Paul
Expertise:
Software:

Paul is on a distinguished road

Old

How about a little info on yourself Zee, just so we can all get to know you a bit better.

01-23-2006, 06:31 PM
RossJJ is offline RossJJ
Expertise:
Software:

RossJJ is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to RossJJ Send a message via MSN to RossJJ

Old

I’m confused, you will own it but Robson will still be admin? But surely if you own it then you would want profit from ads ect so why would Robson hang around?

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 >