Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 534 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Programming or Coding :

Need Quotes on Massive Social System (Advanced Programmers)

Thread title: Need Quotes on Massive Social System (Advanced Programmers)
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
02-24-2008, 10:04 PM
StatisticZ is offline StatisticZ
Software:

StatisticZ is on a distinguished road

Old  Looking for a designer/coder (Wordpress)

We've toned down the project quite a bit. So I'm assuming the site would do well running on a system like Wordpress.

I want to scrap the whole member system, profiles, etc. Although I do want to be able to bridge my current vbulletin users to wordpress. So that they wouldn't need to re-register.

I apologize if I'm not very descriptive with what I want..

I'm looking for a site that'll allow me to post news/articles. I want a review section that'll allow our staff or appointed members to write reviews on albums and/or mixtapes. I'll want a flash/javascript based news scroller (Similar to the one found here). I'd also like a similar media box also found on that link. For the Audio, Mixtape, Video section. I may just need someone to code the project as I can design the site myself. Although, if you're experienced enough in both areas, just contact me and we can go from there.

For further discussion you can contact me on AIM - JA3isGod or email me at sdot0ne@yahoo.com

02-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

You're going to have to give a specific outline if you want a serious quote. Just giving a link won't guarantee a fair estimate, and, this might seem a stupid question to you, but if you have such a big system all custom, why would you integrate with vBulletin?

02-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Software:

Old

We already have a rather large community built on vBulletin (nearly 250,000+ posts).. But, basically, we'd like An advertising system, a content system for music reviews, news system, music and video system, that streams flash basically, member profile systems, that allow them to upload their own music, blog, etc..And possibly a rap battle system. As well as the obvious system that can moderate all of this. Also, We can handle vBulletin and designing, but this is out of our league.

Thanks for your Reply though.

02-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by StatisticZ View Post
We already have a rather large community built on vBulletin (nearly 250,000+ posts).. But, basically, we'd like An advertising system, a content system for music reviews, news system, music and video system, that streams flash basically, member profile systems, that allow them to upload their own music, blog, etc.. And possibly a rap battle system.
Again, you're not being specific at all. Eg: An advertising system can be as small as simple Paypal integration, or something as big as OpenX. Also, it helps if you know exactly what you want "And possibly...".

If I were you, I'd sit down with your friend and really think this through, writing out a thorough document outlining what you want. I don't mean to bash your thread or anything, i'm just trying to help you out.

Good luck,
Seb

02-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Software:

Old

I seriously do not see how I haven't been specific enough. Providing a link of basically what we're looking for and stating the main features twice now..

The System:

-Admin area, that allows us to moderate the whole system, control users, view/edit them. Remove them. Change them to certain levels of access, from maybe moderator to Admin.

-News system, that allows us to send massive messages to users, as well as display them on the homepage, that we can edit, and will allow members to post comments on.

-Review system, as it says, a system we can use to review music or anything else (i.e. movies) and give it a star rating out of 5. Allow users comments, allow us to update, etc.

-Audio/Video Streaming system, a system that allows us to upload stuff like videos and music that will stream through flash so that it's protected from teh basic user, and will allow users to rate and comment, as well as upload their own for their profile.

-Member profile system, a system that will connect to our vBulletin uses, and allow them to blog, as well as upload their own music and possibly videos, will list their location, websites, allow them to send and receive messages from other users. As well as keep track of their battles. Provide them statistics on their music, i.e. times listened and or downloaded. (We'd like them to be able to decide if it could be downloaded as well.)

-Rap battle system, to make things more automated, allow people to challenge others, have it automatically set it up (if accepted), and keep it open until a certain amount of votes are obtained. At that time it closes, and saves a record to their member profile.

Once again, basically we're looking for a system like the one found here. What you see their is what we want, I can't state that anymore. If that can't be understood, then I don't know how else to state it.

02-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Xuxa is offline Xuxa
Expertise:
Software:

Xuxa is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Xuxa

Old

You a probably looking at mid $x,xxx to low $xx,xxx.

02-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Software:

Old

From StatisticZ Friend:

He's got the basic idea down of what I'm looking for.. Although it may be my fault, because I haven't fully explained to him what exactly I'm looking for..

I'm trying to expand our community website.. Which at the moment, is only a forum. I've always showed interest in the system GoldMic.com has running.

I've thought about investing in social networking software like phpfox, handshakes, and e-friends.. But none of them fully meet my requirements.

The only thing I could do without is the rap battle system he mentioned.. I have no interest in that.

I want to integrate vbulletin, because that's where most of our members communicate at. I don't want to completely rid the forum section out.. and I do not want to limit it to just a simple link on the site. I'd like the members system to be used globally. I need each member to have custom profiles such as the ones shown on GoldMic that will be accessible through the main site & the forum software.

Everything I can think of is basically incorporated on the GoldMic site. The only difference would be ours would be integrated with vBulletin as our forum software.

02-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Xuxa View Post
You a probably looking at mid $x,xxx to low $xx,xxx.
From StatisticZ Friend:

That's what I've figured I'd be looking at.. But I have no idea where to start when searching for the right developer.

02-25-2008, 03:16 AM
Xphic is offline Xphic
Software:

Xphic is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by StatisticZ View Post
From StatisticZ Friend:

That's what I've figured I'd be looking at.. But I have no idea where to start when searching for the right developer.
try http://www.getacoder.com, if you are serious about it I would get some contracts made up.

02-29-2008, 11:45 PM
tenfourstudios is offline tenfourstudios
Expertise:
Software:

tenfourstudios is on a distinguished road

Old

Don't know if you've already found someone, but I sent you a PM regardless.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >