Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 880 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Future of TF.............

Thread title: Future of TF.............
Closed Thread  
Page 10 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
09-28-2009, 04:38 PM
smacklan is offline smacklan
Expertise: Design, Business
Software: Everything

smacklan is on a distinguished road

Old

...and I amended my rude reply to you with a more truthful one

09-28-2009, 05:06 PM
.Nick is offline .Nick
Software:

.Nick is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by smacklan View Post
...and I amended my rude reply to you with a more truthful one
You should hop on MSN more often.

09-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Peter Avey is offline Peter Avey
Expertise:
Software:

Peter Avey is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Peter Avey

Old

Originally Posted by 3styler View Post
Were you not banned and only unbanned recently? And were you not advocating that Nick steal and import the talkfreelance database into his new but crap forum?

I can't take you or any of your suggestions seriously.
because im extremely excited and active on Nicks forums and i totally agreed with what he's doing.

09-29-2009, 12:54 PM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

I think Peter is being sarcastic, but if not, what do you mean by "i totally agreed with what he's doing"? ... Surely you didn't agree with him trying closing down TFL and directing traffic his way? lol

*cough* bad sarcasm... bad bad... lol

Edit: And for the less impaired, I didn't nor do I agree with what Nick (vizon) did to Talkfreelance. It was wrong, he shouldn't have done that at all.

09-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Trim is offline Trim
Software:

Trim is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Kinda funny situation as he did bad thing but if he didn`t we will be still gosiping on falling forum . Now there is a light in a tunnel for community. Whatever he did, it was in general look good for TFL .

09-29-2009, 01:21 PM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

I can some what agree with you there though, Big Zee's eye's weren't open fully until the stunt he pulled. Hell, someone hacked the board before, made himself admin, and only the current admins (jeff and salathe) caught it.

But, it didn't bring this much eye opener until Nick pulled his stunt... I guess it takes more trespassing over a person's land to wake them up? I don't know... But it had their attention, finally. And hopefully things will be better soon here. HOPEFULLY!

And again, I don't accept what Nick (Vizon) had done, it was wrong. He shouldn't abuse what isn't his. It's not his property to mess with, so leave it alone.

09-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Peter Avey is offline Peter Avey
Expertise:
Software:

Peter Avey is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Peter Avey

Old

talkfreelance is such a **** forum. theres nothing on here for me. but i just get attracted back to it. when i was active 3ish years ago it was a buzzing place. i think specerp attracts me to this place!

09-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Normo is offline Normo
Expertise:
Software:

Normo is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Peter Avey View Post
I've been on this forum for 5 1/2 years, when Robson owned this forum he would run regular contests and they worked very very well. The folk who own Freelanceswitch run a subscription service on all of there websites. I'm a teenage freelancer and nothing absolutely nothing on talkfreelance.com has helped me or probably will ever help me. Selling crap designs for $30 in the market place ? That's not freelancing my friend, the only reason why i come here is for the community aspects.

clearly you have no idea on how to run a business
Yes and as I said I don't think that it would work in these circumstances. Contests are a good idea, but if you don't have the numbers to make it competitive then any prizes put into them are just going to be given away without much in return such as a rise in members/posts/threads/activity. And that is a waste of resources, which could be put somewhere more effectively used.

I hope I didn't sound like I was attacking you personally, I didn't mean to. But clearly if you are quick to accuse me of bad business strategy and cannot differentiate between a critical analysis of a strategy and me flaming you then you are being hypocritical.

Actually it was a little out of line to say it was a rubbish idea. I apologise. Every constructive idea is a good one at this point. I wanted to make my point clear but was obviously a little forceful.

10-17-2015, 07:27 PM
mikeroq is offline mikeroq
Expertise: xHTML/CSS/PHP/Computer Tech
Software: Photoshop, Notepad++, Winamp

mikeroq is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to mikeroq Send a message via MSN to mikeroq Send a message via Yahoo to mikeroq

Old

Why do these people keep paying for hosting and the domain just to let this place rot?

11-17-2015, 07:46 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Its probably sitting on a server with a bunch of sites and he doesn't even remember its here.

Also according to whois.sc the domain is listed as for sale. He's probably keeping it up while passively looking for anyone who might want the domain or some of the assets. http://whois.domaintools.com/talkfreelance.com

Closed Thread  
Page 10 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 >