Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1456 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

A worrysome rant..

Thread title: A worrysome rant..
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
06-02-2006, 01:09 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

webhostingtalk.com does this, it has worked for them

06-02-2006, 01:11 AM
Mat is offline Mat
Software:

Mat is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by VIZ
Also I see a LOT of people posting edit: 100th post in threads, really brings down the maturity level.
Yep, having 100 posts doesn't make you special. Most people don't really care. A good response to the article at hand will get you more attention then saying that you have 100 posts.

06-02-2006, 01:14 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Well, the current setup is working VERY well for talkfreelance. Nearly 5,000 members without any advertising, alexa of 6,000 or something, high traffic daily from SERPs, growing by 20 odd members per day.

The problem isn't the forum structure/skin or anything like that. It's basically very busy and we don't have enough staff to sort issues out. I have never seen Hakhem do anything, Patrick is always busy/never here etc and i've slacked alot (heck I sold it).

Seen.to/Julian and Bazza do a great job, but they can't do it alone. I'll be back next week and things will improve For one, a few members will be banned if this nonsense of arguing continues and 2. Some decent threads will be posted.

06-02-2006, 01:30 AM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

Great to here it Robson! I agree with you 100% Jeff. I'm quiet worried about TF. I've been apart of many forums that have gone down hill because of immaturity. I came here hoping to get away from the drama. I'll admit i've started a little bit of drama myself, but i'm going to try really hard not to let it happen again, and do my part in making TF a better place.

I was so worried about this, that i PM'd Rodson about it. Maybe that had to do with him creating the thread "Rules, Rules, Rules...". Just wanted to let you know Robson, or any of the administration, that i'd be glad to lend a hand in something if i can.

06-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

Wow, i never thought i'd recieve this much of a response... and so supportive at that.
I understand your situtation Robson, good luck and hope to see you back fully soon.
But i don't think it should all be placed on the mod's shoulders. The members here should not have to run the mods rag-ged to create a great community, they should be thinking before hand rather than fixing it later.

06-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Andy is offline Andy
Expertise:
Software:

Andy is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Andy

Old

There's now a thread dedicated to 1 person's 100 posts. Maybe make the general chat not add to your post count, I'm sure the spammy topics will soon be gone.

06-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Landes is offline Landes
Expertise:
Software:

Landes is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Landes Send a message via MSN to Landes

Old

Originally Posted by VIZ
There's now a thread dedicated to 1 person's 100 posts. Maybe make the general chat not add to your post count, I'm sure the spammy topics will soon be gone.

Like the idea!

06-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Techno is offline Techno
Expertise:
Software:

Techno is on a distinguished road

Old

To be honest, the only reason I come here now is to check the General Chat section, at the moment thats all it's good for.

06-03-2006, 06:15 AM
cpvr is offline cpvr
Software:

cpvr is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
Wait till my exam is over next week, i'll start posting like 10 new threads + a day again and get this place kicking, maybe a new promotion?
Yay, I can't wait to see you post some new threads mate.

06-03-2006, 10:15 AM
sysblnk is offline sysblnk
Software:

sysblnk is on a distinguished road

Old

Immaturity is not something we can dodge. It comes with age..in the beginning a few select members who are of a mature level create a useful community over time, young (and occasionally not so young) immature individuals join in on the fun and the community goes from useful to not so useful.

TalkFreelance has held it's own so far, there are still some useful resources here and there but there is no doubt that it has gone downhill in that regards.

Robson, I actually commend you on the work you have and had done with TF in the past. I've never seen a community stand strong despite the growing popularity for as long as TF did. The main comparison is that of Namepros, the thing that happened there was too many young kids who were money hungry thought $NP a great way to make a few cents and hour joined up and turned that community into a mess, the merge with WDT didn't help either. I thought TF would go downhill way sooner and quicker than it did/has and I feel that's mainly on the part of Robson, who has managed to populate the community while keeping it's quality level somewhat high.

I was put off when you did sell it and was about to stop my visits but I am again surprised that TF is still chugging along. I hope it gets back into tip top shape because this is one community I definately enjoy at times.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >