Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1426 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     News and Announcements :

Future of TF.............

Thread title: Future of TF.............
Closed Thread  
Page 11 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11
02-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Big Zee is offline Big Zee
Software:

Big Zee is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
Its probably sitting on a server with a bunch of sites and he doesn't even remember its here.

Also according to whois.sc the domain is listed as for sale. He's probably keeping it up while passively looking for anyone who might want the domain or some of the assets. http://whois.domaintools.com/talkfreelance.com
Looks like I got out at a good time ! Shame the website is defunct though - bung it on Flippa and you'd get some money back and likely someone who can do something with it.

02-25-2016, 04:53 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

You got out too late. You took over an active forum from Robson and killed it, Artashes bought the dying site and failed to change trajectory. The only reason you had a somewhat active site to sell was because Salathe and myself were running things during the time where you completely abandoned us. In any other senario you would have come back and seen what you see now: a forum with zero active users buried in tons of spam. That's not including trying to merge us into your SEO forum, that didn't help anything on our end.

Thanked by:
Impluo (08-18-2016)
08-18-2016, 06:30 AM
Impluo is offline Impluo
Expertise: programming
Software: Notepad

Impluo is on a distinguished road

Old

Yes; too late. IIRC it spiraled downward fairly quickly after the Robson sale, a small revival, followed by a nosedive. I miss TF, lively but still interpersonal. I preferred this place for conversation over places like digitalpoint and namepros.

I still stop by from time to time
but all I see are spam laden threads

09-22-2016, 08:22 PM
localhost is offline localhost
Expertise: programming, business
Software: Dreamweaver

localhost is on a distinguished road

Old

Even an 'admin' account is spamming the site, looks like it's well and truly done for now!

12-18-2016, 10:05 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

I stumbled upon this when I was cleaning out my bookmarks. How the hell is this place still even alive?!

I figured this domain would have shit the bed years ago + server died. Or at least a MySQL database error, lol.

04-22-2017, 12:10 AM
triadink is offline triadink
Software:

triadink is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to triadink Send a message via Yahoo to triadink

Old

Glad to have spoke to you the last few days Artashes, if you need anything let me know.

Regards
Ron

04-22-2017, 01:55 AM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by triadink View Post
Glad to have spoke to you the last few days Artashes, if you need anything let me know.

Regards
Ron
Thank you, Ron, it was a nice chat. I am excited about giving it another try to take TF out of darkness.

04-23-2017, 03:43 AM
mikeroq is offline mikeroq
Expertise: xHTML/CSS/PHP/Computer Tech
Software: Photoshop, Notepad++, Winamp

mikeroq is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to mikeroq Send a message via MSN to mikeroq Send a message via Yahoo to mikeroq

Old

I don't think there is any hope in bringing this forum back. It had it's run. Sad but true.

04-23-2017, 06:08 AM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by mikeroq View Post
I don't think there is any hope in bringing this forum back. It had it's run. Sad but true.
Perhaps. A lot has changed in how people search for information and interact over the last 5 years (and definitely a lot different than 10-15 years ago). Regardless if we were successful at turning TF around after my initial acquisitions, all forums have been going through a decline for years. A forum, as a platform, has been fighting a battle of its own.

If someone is looking for quick help, he/she is more likely to search Google for similar issues rather than spend time registering for an account on a forum in order to ask a question. So even if there was an option to login with an existing social account (Twitter or Facebook), they'd probably go for that, if it means less work to get to the desired result. Additionally, people have less time looking for answers in the first place. As such, they'd be less motivated to scroll through pages and pages of a conversation, looking for the best answer. Wouldn't it make more sense if the stronger, more accurate answer (as voted by other members and staff) was also available at the top of the discussion, giving its author the respect and the exposure in the process? These are just some of the ideas among many others that are adopted across the web.

I am not even talking about primitive user engagement features such as various reputation systems, award badges, ability to build a personal following for yourself or your company within the social network, involving each other into conversation with a simple @ call sign, having a convenient messaging experience that doesn't suck.

Most of these features are not found in the old school forum software packages anymore, unless possibly through third-party add-ons or plugins. But very few have them intuitively built in and taken advantage of. vBulletin has certainly missed many.

Once we open our mind to the possibility of life without vBulletin, suddenly few exciting options are possible.

I believe radical changes is the only chance we have now (it was what was probably needed as early as my acquisition days. A couple of members were calling for similar actions, but it was just too scary to do back then. There was still a belief that TF can make it in its traditional form). I have actually sent Village Genius the plan I have over the few back and forth emails. I'm curious to hear how he finds it, as some of the steps require some clever tech maneuvering, and if he thinks the plan has a shot at potentially be more effective than staying in our current form.

I'd rather keep it quiet for now, just due to the plan being too drastic. I can only share the central idea which shifts towards a quality-based membership environment that we know TF possess (or used to, anyway).

Closed Thread  
Page 11 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11