Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 980 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

This* webhost not as good as you thought?

Thread title: This* webhost not as good as you thought?
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
11-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Jeff Andersen is offline Jeff Andersen
Software:

Jeff Andersen is on a distinguished road

Old

I commend you for remaining diplomatic through your retorts Jules, as we both know how childish things can sometimes get, right? (Oh, and if you like I'll PM you my new ip so you can ban it from your servers like you did my last).

I'd suggest bringing some examples to back up your claims.
For example, you could at least name a few of the many 'serious' web hosts that don't offer telephone support. Or maybe provide some sort of website link to disprove Dan's theory that 302 redirects are better than hard files.

If you're gonna defend yourself, do it right. Cause right now all of this is he said / she said bullshit arguing. (same goes for Dan on the offensive)

Regards,
Jeff

11-26-2009, 04:48 PM
JulesR is offline JulesR
Software:

JulesR is on a distinguished road

Old

Jeff, I'm not aware of your IP address being banned from our servers, though perhaps if you tried logging in to an account using the wrong credentials several times this would explain it.

A simple google search will provide many examples of why 302 redirects don't work as Dan assumes they should. Much the same as a Google search will provide you information about hosts who don't provide telephone support. You can demand I do the leg-work for you in order to "backup my claims" but I'm afraid regardless of what you say, it doesn't make them any less valid at all.

We both know which side of the boat you're on anyway don't we

11-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by JulesR View Post
Please don't edit your post multiple times. Please also research how different search engines handle 302 redirects, because you're wrong in the assumption that they treat them how you think they should.
heh, well it was less then 4 minutes since you replied, plus I came across as a bit cocky, so I changed it.

My assumption maybe wrong, but in theory it shouldn't if search engines stuck to standards.

Though I will say you need to chill. All I did was offer you a solution, no need to bite my head off.

11-26-2009, 04:54 PM
JulesR is offline JulesR
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
My assumption maybe wrong, but in theory it shouldn't if search engines stuck to standards.
I agree, they should work how we imagine and the theory is indeed sound, but it's something that search engines need to seriously work on.

Though I will say you need to chill. All I did was offer you a solution, no need to bite my head off.
I'm perfectly calm, and I don't feel I "bit your head off", I merely provided a counter-argument to your statements. We've investigated a few solutions and felt that this was the best for a combination of reasons.

11-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Software:

Old

Maybe I just need to refresh your memory (though, I feel you're probably just putting on a public/diplomatic face here)

We both know you had banned my IP from the This* server/website after you took exception to my wording in a support ticket back when I was a This* customer. Leaving out the facts that you immediately deleted my hosting accounts and then proceeded to delete all support tickets/replies as well.

And you're right, you shouldn't have to do all the leg work in an argument but hearsay doesn't make your argument valid, as goes for Dan's premises as well.

Anyway, this will probably go nowhere such as my past experiences with you. [Don't feel required to reply, it's for the better of the overall discussion if you don't actually]

11-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Garyrae is offline Garyrae
Expertise:
Software:

Garyrae is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Garyrae Send a message via Skype™ to Garyrae

Old

11-26-2009, 07:25 PM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by Jeff Andersen View Post
I'd suggest bringing some examples to back up your claims.
For example, you could at least name a few of the many 'serious' web hosts that don't offer telephone support.
I have to agree, I've just purposely gone and tried to find a site without a number, out of about 30 different companies only one didn't have a phone number. Just to clarify i'm not trying to start any sort of argument here, I just disagree with certain parts of what you are saying.

Please keep discussion sensible as it currently is!

11-26-2009, 07:58 PM
JulesR is offline JulesR
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Jeff Andersen View Post
We both know you had banned my IP from the This* server/website after you took exception to my wording in a support ticket back when I was a This* customer. Leaving out the facts that you immediately deleted my hosting accounts and then proceeded to delete all support tickets/replies as well.
I did nothing of the sort. The fact you close this thread after making these claims is pretty childish to be honest. Since this isn't neutral ground and you have a position of "power" here at TalkFreelance, it's not a subject I'm going to discuss here. The likely outcome is you'd either edit my posts or close the thread again, so it's futile.

And you're right, you shouldn't have to do all the leg work in an argument but hearsay doesn't make your argument valid, as goes for Dan's premises as well.
It's not "hearsay" Jeff, it's factual information. Information you could feasibly find yourself if you stopped trying to bode me into an argument and did your own research.

Anyway, this will probably go nowhere such as my past experiences with you. [Don't feel required to reply, it's for the better of the overall discussion if you don't actually]
You're entitled to your opinion, however you're clearly an exception.

11-26-2009, 08:00 PM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

Doesn't really matter WHO closed it, but; Jeff didn't close it, Jeff isn't on staff. Garyrae closed it, but reopened it after speaking with me and Chris (cpr). But, an eye will be on the thread though... as long as things stay decent, I don't see a reason for it to be closed?

11-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Software:

Old

lol, Gary closed the Thread bud. Get over yourself.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >