Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1854 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

What are the differences between Black Hat and White Hat

Thread title: What are the differences between Black Hat and White Hat
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
06-13-2011, 03:52 AM
MarkJRoy is offline MarkJRoy
Expertise:
Software:

MarkJRoy is on a distinguished road

Old  What are the differences between Black Hat and White Hat

Sorry for a maybe stupid question, that is I am confused about what are the differences between Black Hat and White Hat.
Anyone can help me with this question?
Thanks in advance

06-13-2011, 04:57 AM
krymson is offline krymson
Expertise: SEO, Design, Programming
Software: Dreamweaver & Notepad++

krymson is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to krymson

Old

White Hat: Doing everything the right way... Meta tags, Proper headings, alt tags on images, clean coding, good keyword density.

Black Hat: Submitting to link pools hidden text (small and same color as background), cheating your way to the top basically. I dont know all the black hat tactics because I've never done them but i can go all day on white hat.

06-13-2011, 05:03 AM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

06-13-2011, 08:04 AM
madhusmita is offline madhusmita
Software:

madhusmita is on a distinguished road

Old

White Hat follows the rules of Google for the purpose of the SEO.They are time taking but effective methods.The methods used for this can be On page and Off page.On page is for the contents and Off page is for the link building.

Black hat is against of the rules.They are used for the quick result.The methods followed are key word stuffing, Invisible text, doorway pages, cloaking, article spinning,meta tag stuffing etc.These methods will give you quick result but also they may result in the banning of your site as they are against the rules.

06-20-2011, 06:26 AM
pbloggers is offline pbloggers
Software:

pbloggers is on a distinguished road

Old

Although the concept between White Hat and Black Hat has been cleared. But still there are many SEO Professionals that are using Black Hat ways to bring there sites on top of Search Engines which in my opinion isn't good, because the SEO's that do White Hat have to do a lot to achieve good ranking while black hat gains in very short period of time and mostly they are the ones who gains more clients due to High ranking in shorter time. I hope that Google and other Search Engines might be looking in to this matter to stop Black Hat SEO.

06-20-2011, 09:08 AM
krymson is offline krymson
Expertise: SEO, Design, Programming
Software: Dreamweaver & Notepad++

krymson is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to krymson

Old

Originally Posted by pbloggers View Post
Although the concept between White Hat and Black Hat has been cleared. But still there are many SEO Professionals that are using Black Hat ways to bring there sites on top of Search Engines which in my opinion isn't good, because the SEO's that do White Hat have to do a lot to achieve good ranking while black hat gains in very short period of time and mostly they are the ones who gains more clients due to High ranking in shorter time. I hope that Google and other Search Engines might be looking in to this matter to stop Black Hat SEO.
black hat will get you page ranked quicker BUT you will also get banned and your website wont even show up on Google, even if someone searches your url nothing will come up, you will basically not exist.

06-21-2011, 11:03 AM
ciol is offline ciol
Software:

ciol is on a distinguished road

Old

White Hat includes all legal aspect of SEO which has authorization from Search Engines. Black Hat is an illegal way of doing SEO which is unauthorized or banned by Search Engines from implementing it.

06-21-2011, 02:30 PM
SenseiSteve is offline SenseiSteve
Expertise: Sales & Marketing
Software: Dreamweaver and Photoshop

SenseiSteve is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve Send a message via Skype™ to SenseiSteve

Old

Originally Posted by ciol View Post
White Hat includes all legal aspect of SEO which has authorization from Search Engines. Black Hat is an illegal way of doing SEO which is unauthorized or banned by Search Engines from implementing it.
There's nothing illegal about using blackhat SEO - it's simply following the guidelines and policies put forth by the search engines (whitehat) or not (blackhat).

06-27-2011, 02:43 AM
MarkJRoy is offline MarkJRoy
Expertise:
Software:

MarkJRoy is on a distinguished road

Old

Thanks for your help. I think I have known something about White Hat and Black Hat. That is important for my SEO learning.

Sorry for another question, have you heard of Grey Hat? does it means the neutralization of White Hat and Black Hat?

06-27-2011, 08:39 AM
lstmin is offline lstmin
Software:

lstmin is on a distinguished road

Old

Hey Mark.
I don't really know what you mean by "neutralization of White Hat and Black Hat", but as far as I know, Grey (or Gray) hat SEO is all about questionable SEO techniques that lie somewhere between White and Black.
They are riskier than White hat SEO techniques, but aren't likely to get your site banned like the Black ones. A penalty could result though.

Such a technique is for example using a quite high keyword density (not stuffing though, that's already Black).
Or planned three-way linking, or a few paid links to increase link-popularity instead of only traffic (not using the "nofollow" attribute as you should) and so on.

Don't forget though that grey is a shade of black, not white, therefore grey can easily become black when overdone.
When it raises a red flag and is detected by search engines, Gray hat becomes Black instantly.

And one more thing: even if the search engines can not detect the tactics you've used, your competitors could still report your site to eliminate you from the competition...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >